100 Days to go... September 2012

Triplestep720

Hi all, I’m getting married at the end of September 2012 and I thought a weight loss diary would be a good idea. I did start in a diary in another section, but I think it would be more suited to this forum.

I’m 36 and currently weigh 12stone 6lbs (174lbs) I would love to be at least a size down for the big day. My target being for now is losing 22lbs (lose 1.5lbs each week) bringing me to 152lbs or 10stone 10lbs.

My action plan is to do a mixture of calorie counting/healthy eating/lots of walking & exercise and the odd slim fast for lunch on days I won’t need as much energy.

It would be great if I could eat 1500 calories or less in a day, but I doubt that would happen very often, more likely my calories would be around 1800 – I’ve got a huge appetite! But if I stick to the walking/exercising there should be a daily calorie deficit of some sort. :)

Last edited:
Day 1:

I had 2 days of rest and went back to the gym today. I had an hours session with a personal trainer and burnt 520 calories, lots of weights, bars and some interval work. At the end of the session I felt dizzy and sick and even had to sit on the gym floor to recover, but I don't think it was to do with the exercises (PT apologised and said it was a hard set) I think it had more to do with the gym ventilation(air con) as when I got into the changing room(opened window) I was much better and the sickness passed.

Calorie count currently at 1981
Step count 16883

Thanks ~Laura~ Ahhh.... I had weigh in this morning and I've put on 0.4lbs since last week. I know what is to blame it was my late night snacking last night! I sould have left the snacking until after my weigh in! ;)
No biggie as my butt, quads and biceps still ache from the gym session and I know my weight can differ from half a lb to 2lbs quite easily. I walked over 14000 steps yesterday so I could put down a deposit for the cupcakes and also for the sound and lighting :)
Hopefully get time to put up an exercise plan for the coming week, off to meet friend for lunch.

I met my friend for a super healthy japanese lunch and then we had a look at the sales with lots of walking, by the time I got home I found my OH wasn't going into work as he was feeling under the weather so we ordered curry for dinner :eek:

I did mop up as much of the oil with a kitchen towel as I could see. I ate 90% all of my portion (lamb korahi) I did have a full roti, 80% rice, a poppadom with lime chutney and salad. Don't know how to calculate the lamb korahi say 700cals? if so then my calories for the day stands at 1953. Step counter 14183

This coming week my targets are to do at least 4x45 minutes structured exercise and minimum step count of 12,000 each and every day.
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Gym - Focus on Cardio & Core
Wednesday - ViPR session- outdoor session, weather permitting
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Gym - Focus on Resistence & Core
Saturday - Park Jog
Sunday - Rest

Rubbish so far... I've not done any structured exercise this week yet and not in the best shape to exercise as all bunged up, sniffly and coughing.. not sure if it's hayfever related or a summer cold.
I'm still keeping up with walking and still able to rack up over 14,000 steps each day so far, but unfortunately I am still eating large portions and snacking non stop when I get home :(

Bunged up even more now, just couldn't get myself to do anything afterwork. Just managed to walk 12,088 steps, 500 hundred of which I just jogged on the spot to get to the numbers. At least I'm achieving my targets for something.
On the food front, still munching maybe it's nearly TOTM, my eating was better today at least I didn't have seconds and my snacks have been healthy.

I had a really hectic day at work and the last thing I wanted to do was exercise, but I was slighty less bunged up and thought I'll just do a little exercise since it's been 5 days. I went swimming I managed 35mins and felt really good afterwards, it was much needed after such a hot humid day, also I felt less guilty because after I had logged off here yesterday I ate half a large tub of Pringles and an apple turnover :cry:

Today my calorie count is still too high at 1900, with over 670 calories eaten for breakfast!!! Dinner was the lowest calorie meal as yesterday I brought some Sainsbury's BGTY ready meals to have a few evenings a week to help me have smaller portions and I had one this evening with a side salad and a small slice of bread. Step count so far 1620 and I have no cravings for Pringles... yet! :)

Had another busy day at work yesterday on my feet all day- only sat down 20 minutes for my lunch. I went straight home although I had packed my gym stuff to do a class - I did end up doing 20 minute kettercise workout at home though Calorie burn for the session only 140, which doesn't sound very much :( Calorie count 2041 :confused: Step count 16754

My step count was rubbish yesterday at an abysmal 6000 steps or so, I could blame wearing my Ki Fit in the shower and it accidently wiped off X amount of steps, but I know the truth! I really need to walk and do my exercises as I have more control over this than the eating/dieting side. I will have a look again and set a new weekly target, will think about it when I sit and have another hair & makeup trial. My last one I wasn't too happy about, the hair didn't look styled and the foundation was too caked on as well as being about 2 shades lighter, so I had a white face but a lot darker neck! Lol! She also lost the photos she took, when I asked to send me copies so I could email some to my bridesmaids for a second opinion :'(

The hair & makeup trial went very well, I look pretty for once! :p

The makeup artist's place was just next door to the tube and I spent the rest of the evening trying to draft out some invites, so my step count today is only 9402.

Calories I haven't logged in properly will have to do that tomorrow, but I think it's an okay day (compared to a few days ago) I had one slice half fat cheese on wholemeal seeded toast this morning and a large mug of fennel tea. Lunch was Vietnamese; roast pork served with rice noodles and salad and 1 vietnamese spring roll. Snack I had a hot cross bun with a smidgen of butter and a large mug of tea with soya milk. Dinner Small pork chop, stir fried veg and rice and a green tea.

Looking at the rate I am going I doubt I will lose a stone by the time I get married because since Feb I've only lost about 7lbs. I hope to aim for a modest 10lb goal for the big day and I'm going to be hitting the gym more frequently and once my corporate gym card comes in I can attend more classes - I hope it comes soon!!!!!!

This weeks targets are 12,000 steps everyday (84000 a week) and 5hrs of structured exercise- I haven't put down each activity specifically like last week as I put too much pressure on myself! This way hopefully I won't feel so guilty when I can't complete a scheduled activity, but can submit another form of activity instead!

Also, I had a thought to buy an old skool ice cream scoop to measure out my portions of rice... and I can only have 1 level scoop at a time.. if I've had 2 scoops of rice I will know the exact calories it will also look prettier on the plate! I'm a complete rice junkie... ahhh carbs... :drool:

Last edited:
Yay! My gym membership has opened, so I popped by to book an induction and do a Zumba class, it feels so much nicer than to fork out £7.50 for a 45 minute class :)
Zumba class this time around I burnt 390 cals, 60 cals less than my first ever session a fortnight ago. My gym induction is on thursday, so I'm planning to use that as a rest day. Tomorrow I'm off on a trip to the park, so I am expecting lots of steps. Calorie consumption today 1850, I had a scotch egg for a snack - 280cals :( Step count 19534 :) I also washed/scrubbed the walls down in the middle sized bedroom ready to be plastered tomorrow, it tells me for the 70 mins I burnt 241 calories. That's approximately 2 hours of structured activity I can tick off! :cool:

I can't hardly lift my hand and arms to update here, the gym session was pretty hard going. Ki Fit tells me the session I burnt 482cals, would have been higher if it had been cardio based. I booked in another session for next Sunday.

PT trainer did say it would be better if I did a PT session every week, but I told him I couldn't really afford it, so I moved the date closer, so the sessions aren't so wide apart, looking at 10 days for a session instead of every fortnight. I'm having my gym induction for the other gym tomorrow, cannot wait to get it over with so I take full advantage of what it has to offer!

It does sound a bit drastic that I am am member of 2 different gyms, I'm using gym (1) for PT training, improving my technique and learning use all the free weights/kettlebells/medicine balls etc in a clean, spacious, quiet new gym. Gym (2) mainly use for classes and pool and as it's a popular gym, so it's crowded, dirty and noisy, but it's cheap as I have a corporate membership and I have started to use either the pool or a class on a weekly basis already (at £4.40 for a swim and £6.50+ for an exercise class) it's worth getting the membership as long as I go minimum once a week.

So for now, 2 centres to work out in... no excuses not to go :)

Step count for tuesday and today a daily average of 1531 and calorie consumption for tues & wednesday daily average 2023 :( TOTM is here though so that may have had an effect on my appitite. Even though calorie consumption is still too high, I'm not overly fussed as so far my stats show a calorie deficit over 1000 on each day when I have added an exercise session. I just have to eat less on non exercise days.

I have to add that in the past only constant deficits of 750 and over it will only then show weight decreases, so I have to work that bit harder to get results. Consistant calorie deficits of 900- 1200 would be good.

Not had time to update the last few days and I have not been too strict with my calories with all the counting, but thinking about it *I think* I have consumed less calories by not keeping count! Will take a look and will also update targets for next week later today....

83 days to go...

The last few days calorie average has been 1820. Calorie deficit average 702 each day.

I'm down 1lb since last week. A weird point, I've been more active these last few weeks and my PT trainer has upped my weights on Tuesday's training, yet my muscle mass has gone down slightly to 31.7% when it was constantly 31.8 -32% for months and months. Looking at protein shakes online, not sure where to start, will browse again.

In summary this week I have reached my step count, I haven't tallied up today's count yet, but so far up until yeserday it's over my goal by 10,000. Scheduled exercise so far about 4hrs and 15mins, 45mins left to reach my exercise goal. Will need to do something later... being a weekend makes me soooo lazy! Next week, I must add in a weekend exercise- preferably not something I can do at home, because with all my good intentions I just can't do it- unless it's an early morning home session.

This weeks targets are 90000 steps (over 12,857 per day) and 5hrs of structured exercise and use the nutrition sheet for portion sizes (see below) Below 1800 each day. TOTM has gone so I should be able to keep it under control

I went for my gym induction Thursday gone and they handed me a Food diary with a Nutrition sheet to fill out for for the week. It has put in more perspective of food portions and I used it for Saturday and today. It seems that my calories are less than normal when I am tallying them up, so maybe I will give this a go for this week (well I have to - as the gym people will be looking at my foods next week) I'll try to type up the nutrition sheet details, so it's kept wrinkle free on here :)

I just went over my calorie limit, I had a moment of weakness and ate 3 chunks of dark chocolate... I had good reason, OH added too much chilli to the dinner and the chocloate helped with relieving the burn in my mouth :) also chilli and chocolate are a good combination! :p

I woke up a bit late so I didn't make it to any classes, but I managed to fit in kettlercise express and fitted in an extra 20 minute walk before I got to work. Tomorrow I hope to go to the gym if I don't go to bed too late... staying up far too late, lately it's these diary entries and tallying up stuff I just have to learn to use my time more efficiently :confused:

Pssst, I brought the groupon deal for kettleworx, so soon there will be no excuse that I can't fit in workouts! I'm likely to be getting the 15lb (6.8kg) slightly heavier than my 6kg... as I already have a 9kg, so it's silly to have gotten a 20lb, it being 9.07kg.

Step count so far 15757 and structured exercise ummmm... let's tick off 30mins... 4hrs 30mins left to go.

I went to Subway for lunch, but I don't think it was enough for me and ending up sampling the children's tea of cheese/egg flan with salad, not sure how many calories it contained, it didn't taste very cheesy and I did look at the base of the flan and it wasn't as heavily saturated with oil as normal, that's why I had a piece - a large serving :( I counted it as 473calories with 33g of fat. one serving of flan had more fat in than my whole days worth :(

I aim to go to the gym tomorrow, feeling in the mood to have a proper workout, burn that flan off my tummy! :p

I did manage to go and have a quick swim this morning; 30mins breaststroke and 5mins mix of treading water/front crawl. I also took 2 short walks. 30mins before work and 30mins on lunch break. I'll just deduct one 30min session of walking though.

Yesterday 4hrs 30mins, take off 35mins swim and 30mins walk = 3hrs 25mins remaining.

Step count today 16827

Yay! I managed to be under 1800 calories so far today! I know it doesn't sound like much of an achievement, but it's a big deal for me :) Better brush my teeth soon, otherwise I'l end up nibbling something.

Boo! to the person at work who left swiss rolls and oreos out, I had a bit of both during a meeting. I do think it is her ploy to sabotage me :( Must not give in to it next time. There are loads of sweet snacks at my work place and these last few months, I've been pretty good only had a binge of rich tea biscuits a couple weeks ago (I blame being close to TOTM) and last week's spurge on oreos and shortbread (I blame TOTM) and today. 3 times since February I guess that's not bad going! :)

I managed to get to the gym this morning, still didn't wake up as early as I wanted to, so I had to shorten some of my routines and only used the treadmill for 18mins rather than 30mins+ Calorie burn for the session 427cals.

Yesterday's tally 3hrs 25mins deduct today's gym session of 1hr 15mins = 2hrs 10mins activity left to complete

Step count today 15889

Off to brush teeth now!

Another high calorie day total 1949, it was the salmon I ate, had the skin too, wouldn't have been so bad if i'd done some exercise, which I didn't. I did start the day wanting to have a longer stroll to work, but my train was delayed. I hope to do something tomorrow, swim or kettlebells if I am tight on time, gym if I can get up earlier. Failing that a lunchtime walk.

Step count for today 13133.

I'm so annoyed! I had a really good day food and exercise, went to the gym for an hour and 15mins, had a good workout calorie burn for session 565 cals. My meals throughout the day were good choices when I got home, I had my dinner and my OH decided we should go to the cinema, the film finished at 10:30 and he wanted Nandos :( I choose a bean pitta thinking it was a good choice and also chips (to accompliment my healthy choice, full of wholesome goodness!) I've come home to find the bean pitta is 517 calories and chips are 357 calories, meaning the meal was 874 calories... So total for today is just over 2500 calories!! :cry:If I had gone for the chicken burger/pitta I wouldn't have gotten the chips, it would have saved me over 500 calories.

Must try to be good with my calories and be more active tomorrow, so my weigh in on Sunday won't be so brutal. I've been getting up before 6am so I could get to the gym before work and sleeping about one o'clock in the morning... I don't want to burn out :(

Step count 18188
Wednesday's tally 2hrs 10mins remaining, 1hr &15mins Gym = 55mins remaining

Back