100 miles (wii fit jogging, threadmill, walking how ever!!)

Kes

Gold Member
Hi all,
those who have been around a while, might have seen the other thread...
well becuase i was very ill with Viral Meningits over the pretty much whole of May i was unable to start and continue with my challenge... so im going to do it in June instead..

all are welcome to join.. and have a go...

here is a copy of the first post in the other thread... so you all know why and what to do!

Hello all!!!

i am going to start a challenge for myself (and anyone else who wants to join in too!)

i am going to do 100 miles (or 160km) jogging on the wii fit (in the section "free jogging"), jogging on the treadmil or walking..

this inspiration has come from my husband, who is doing a Cycle ride on the 29th May from oxford to cambridge (approx 100miles) on his own in aid of the brittish heart foundation.. he is going to be doing this in a day....
im thinking my challenge can be over a month. (as there is no way i could do it in a day!!!)

would anyone like to Join me???

i am hoping to average 5kms a day (and make up on some days the ones i am unable to do..)

Everyone welcome!!!

Just read through your May challenge..! How inspiring!

I am not sure I would be able to do 100 miles.. but like others who are taking part in your May challenge, I will give it a good bash!

June 1st here I come!!

welcome!!! bring on Tuesday!!

well the boys did it!!! they cycled 100 miles...
now ive got to get on with this challenge and get it done in June!! BRING IT ON BABY!!!

Hiya i would like to join in this challenge but how does it work..?

Can you wear a pedometer all day and then record your mileage or does the miles have to be say from one wii fit jogging session etc..how do you calculate your jogging miles from the wii fit is the total accurate on it?
sorry for all the Q's LOL

its ok, im doing it from sessions of workouts, rather than walking in my everyday life.

i am going to be using the treadmill at work, and wii fit and the wii active (i think i can use that....) i dont think the fit is overly accurate, but i wont be using that as much as the others...
because all of these work in km rather than miles, thats why ive worked itout to be 160km's!

hope this has helped.

Ah right great..this will make me get moving more!
So i just record from the wii fit/active etc etc what i do in Km's...cant wait cheers hunny x

If I were to exercise once a day throughout June, I would jog just over 5k a day. I am determined not to leave it all until the last week (like the Wii fit challenge I did last month!) Looking forward to the challenge..it should help the weight drop off..if it doesn’t kill me first!

motherof2- 3.38m

May do some more later!

Hi Louisa, thanks for joining us!

Just done another 10 minutes on the wii fit.

Motherof2- 5.01miles

hey and welcome to everyone

i managed to do pretty well for my first day. so i hope it keeps up.

6.92klm
woop woop!

hey im in too (again!!) my kids destroyed my Wii Fit Plus Disc so couldnt complete last month.....
got my new one today (last one at asda £15) so tonight i shall begin xxx
do my upmost to get daily activity in and update as go along
cheers Kes xxx

hope no one minds ive drawn up a list
just copy and paste to update whenever

100miles/160kms

Kes: 6.92km so far
motherof2: 5.01 miles so far
Fuzzy23: 0 so far
determined to lose: 0 so far
kellierocks : 1.6 miles so far
losingme : 0 so far

Last edited:
Just did 20 minutes.. 3.32 miles. I am enjoying this challenge! I am not sure how jogging on the spot on the Wii fit compares to real jogging. I thought I was going to die when I did the 5K run for cancer 2 years ago! It gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat it must be doing something good eh?

100miles/160kms

motherof2: 8.33 miles so far
kellierocks : 1.6 miles so far

Went for a run in a forest today- it was beautiful. Not sure the distance but know from my time it was definatly over 10km, maybe as much as 12k, so I'll say 6.5 miles (10ishk)as a guestimate.

kellierocks : 8.1

well albeit late (kids finally all tucked up)
had a good old go on the Wii free jog racked up a nice 5.7km ok with that a good start.

losingme : 5.7km so far

well done everyone!!

well i did 2 sessions today... (one treadmill and one wii fit)

and clocked up another 8.84km!!
woop woop...
need to get ahead as we are away this weekend as im photographing a wedding, so not looking forward to missing out on the jogging, maybe i can try and squeeze one in at some point....

woops forgot to put this onto it.
Kes:15.76km so far
losingme : 5.7km so far

Back