100% pp followed for the week + exercise introduced = ????

nona2010

Well all you lovely ladies and gents, tonight was my 4th weigh in and I stuck rigidly to my pp (even over the long weekend!!) and walked 4 times (30 mins each time). I haven't walked in about 4 years, but I really really really really want to lose 2 stone before my hols in July. I weighed in tonight and .............. I was UP half a pound. GUTTED is the only word! Any words of wisdom for me???? AGGGHHHHHH :confused::wave_cry:

Aww how disappointing for you, don't give up just stick at like you did the first week and hopefully you will get a big loss next week. Sometimes there can be other issues that mask you weight loss so if you are 100% sure you counted and pointed everything correctly there is no reason why you shouldn't loose fat. Good luck for this week x

Thx Sweet Temptation. I've been so focused this time around it's unreal! I'm really trying soooo hard and I know I was within my points, so I just hope it shows next week as I was so disappointed :sigh:

Hi, I've been on WW for a few weeks now and I've had a couple of bad weeks where I've stayed the same one week and put half a pound on another week. If you look at it over the long term though I'm still doing great losses and I'm sure you will be too. It's so upsetting and frustrating to have a bad week like that when you've worked so hard but bear with it and I'm sure you'll be showing a loss again next week. I think sometimes it's all down to water retention etc or your body regulating itself after a big loss week. Good luck for this week and let us know how you get on x :)

Thx Alison. I've been really good food wise, but haven't walked once this week :( Lost motivation after the gain......hope to see a loss next week.....

You are doing great! Fab stats......
x

Didyou work outa lot the day before your wi? You can retain more water in your muscles because of that. It will pass though and I am sure you will have a great loss :)

Thx Alison. I've been really good food wise, but haven't walked once this week :( Lost motivation after the gain......hope to see a loss next week.....

You are doing great! Fab stats......
x

Hiya, thank you. I lost some of it last year then went on holiday last August and never went back on the diet till after Xmas so I put a lot of it back on. Since I've been at WW I've lost 18.5lbs in 8 weeks. It's worked better for me than trying to do it on my own. I know exactly what you mean about losing motivation after a bad result, it affects me exactly the same. Keep with it though and if you're similar to me and hate walking then give yourself jobs to do, like not getting all the shopping so you have to go out to the shops even if you don't feel like it. I have to do that or some days I'd not get myself motivated. I want to try to lose 2 stone before my hols too :) Let me know how you get on this week x

Thx everyone...

Alison - when is your weigh in day? I'm Wednesday evening. Feeling (quietly) confident as I've had a good week food wise. Hate to say this, but didn't get out for a walk this week at all. Due to a couple of reasons (1) demotivated! (2) dying with a cold and (3) CRAZy with work stuff at the moment. I've worked the last 3 weeks and weekends non stop due to a major project I've got on at the moment. I've another 2 weekends of work, but then can relax a little!

Hope everyone is having a good day
x

Thx everyone...

Alison - when is your weigh in day? I'm Wednesday evening. Feeling (quietly) confident as I've had a good week food wise. Hate to say this, but didn't get out for a walk this week at all. Due to a couple of reasons (1) demotivated! (2) dying with a cold and (3) CRAZy with work stuff at the moment. I've worked the last 3 weeks and weekends non stop due to a major project I've got on at the moment. I've another 2 weekends of work, but then can relax a little!

Hope everyone is having a good day
x

Hi, mine is Wednesday too, 9.30 in the morning to get it out of the way lol! My confidence was knocked last week as I stayed the same even though I hadn't gone over my allowances, I'm hoping for a decent loss this week though but I've been jumping on and off my scales at home all week and one day I'm showing a good loss then the next day I've stopped the same! I should throw the scales out really....

I'd love to be able to get to a morning weigh in - I always weigh lighter! But because of work, I can't... I know that horrible feeling when it goes wrong on the scales. And I'm a serial jumper on scales too lol. It's a dangerous thing though. If my scales show me down I tend to cut corners a little. And when they show that I'm up I tend to eat more, so it's a lose-lose situation :cry: I would hide your scales in the boot of your car, or up in the attic so that you aren't tempted to jump on. I've backed away from the scales over the last couple of weeks, but the temptation is there to check every day! I need to get rid of mine too....

Hi,

Did you talk to your WW leader about it at the time?

It is so hard to keep your motivation up if you think you've had a brilliant week and then it doesn't show on the scales.

There are two possible scenarios that are happening here really:

Number one, you have tracked everything correctly and stayed within your allowance but it hasn't shown. Sometimes this happens. Your body does not know that you've been good for 7 days and you deserve a weight loss to show this. You have natural fluctuations and sometimes you need to look at your weight loss over a few weeks rather than living week to week. I know it's doing well at weekly weigh in that keeps motivation high but if you know that you have stuck to it then you can hold your head up high and use that for your motivation.

Number two, you think you've stayed within your allowance but some things have happened that have meant you havn't been quite as successful as you'd hoped. This could be overestimating how many activity pp you've earnt and then therefore consuming too many. It could also be maybe over indulging on fruit. It could be mistracking certain items of food (ww bread is a common one for more than one slice). It could be that you've forgot to track the odd thing here and there.

In the end if there are some things that need tweaking then they can be tweaked and next WI should be fantastic. If nothing needs tweaking and it was just a blip then hang on in there and try and look at your weight loss over a few weeks.

Good luck :0)

Thx Jooloo - what a fab weight loss you've had! Was that all WW?

I def pointed everything right as I'm so paranoid about it after making a mistake on my first week :mad: I didn't use any of my activity points as I was really hoping that it would speed up my weight loss. My leader was brilliant in fairness. He told me it was because my system is "in shock" after all the sudden activity. I'm not sure I'm convinced of that as a reason but he was so lovely about the gain, bless him :D

Weigh in is tomorrow and the nerves have already started lol... Fingers crossed it all goes well. I'll let you guys know!!!

Hope it goes well today! Yes, my loss was all from WW apart from the first 5lbs.
I need to get round to changing my signature though as put a few pounds back on and want to shift them again. I'm trying to keep motivated with the summer body confidence countdown, I'm thinking a pound a week for 8 weeks and I'll be where I want to be but I'm struggling alot with motivation!
Hubby has just told me he's bought some fabulous fingers!?!!!

It does happen alot, people having a gain after they've started exercising. I don't know why it happens. Water retention maybe?

well guys I weighed in tonight and I was UP another lb. So devastated. I have absolutely no idea why??? I have just rechecked all my points from my tracker and I've pointed everything right so really not sure what's happened. My leader wasn't there tonight it was a stand in leader. She was ok but not the most helpful. Really don't know what I'm doing wrong???

Oh no! How frustrating! If you have pointed everything correctly I would advise you this week to try having all your weekly points and activity points. I always use them every week x

Thx Sweet. how do the activity points work - do you use them all?

well guys I weighed in tonight and I was UP another lb. So devastated. I have absolutely no idea why??? I have just rechecked all my points from my tracker and I've pointed everything right so really not sure what's happened. My leader wasn't there tonight it was a stand in leader. She was ok but not the most helpful. Really don't know what I'm doing wrong???

I'm really sorry to hear that, what bad news :( First thing I would say is not to give in. A lot of my eating is emotional and if I have a bad week I am so tempted to reach for the food but don't do it, it's just a blip you need to sort out.

Do you have the little purple points calculater? The first thing I'd do is check I've been given the right amount of points to eat. At my meeting my leader never tells me when my points have gone down so I'm really grateful for the calculator as it tells me when to reduce.

I'd also consider writing down on here everything you eat for the day with the points and I'm sure lots of people will help by looking through it to spot anything that may not be helping you. I'm not an expert but I'll have a look at it. I've made a few mistakes over the last few weeks, the worst thing for me is stuff like their sausages that are supposed to be 1 point each but if I have several they suddenly leap up in points value, can't get my head around it!

Thx Alison - I never realised you could check your points on the purple calculator lol. I've just done that now and I'm def on the right points. I'll set up a diary on here and see how I get on - good advice there! Maybe it is the multiples of things that are throwing me out :-( Thx so much. How did you get on this week - hope you lost x

Back