100% SOLE SOURCE....

Hello

I am starting Sole Source tomorrow.

4 packs a day - chocolate mint.

3 litres of water per day.

I weighed today with my Cambridge Consultant.

Start weight - 20 stones 11lb :cry:

Goal weight - 10 stones 13lb :D

I shall record my weigh in results here.

Hoping i should reach goal by Christmas. I have already bought a gorgeous Desigual dress for my goal weight.

I shall post here lots and i shall be here until goal weight and beyond...

Happy reading..:D

PS - Please NO talk of blips, cheats, planned breaks from Sole Source etc on this thread...

it drives me potty!

So PLEASE respect my request

Thanks peeps.

When people eat carbs, the body releases insulin into the blood. Its role is to burn down the sugar molecules that circulate in the blood and to diminish the harmful effects that high levels of sugar have on the body.

By the activity of insulin, carbohydrates are converted into fat.

Insulin prevents the fat cells from releasing fat into the blood and burning it. So the body begins to deposit fat.

At an average of thirty grams of carbohydrate per day, the insulin levels in the blood system are kept down and the body burns all the fat consumed and released from the fat cells.

Another side effect of insulin is the stimulation of hunger signals to the brain. The result is craving for more and more carbs.

When the carbohydrate intake is restricted, the insulin level goes down and the level of glucagon increases.

Glucagon is a hormone that stimulates the burning of body fat and the removal of cholesterol from the arteries.

When people drastically cut down on carbs in their diet, (e.g. to up to 30 grams daily), the body quickly goes into a condition called “ketosis”– i.e. the burning of fat with the production of ketone bodies in the bloodstream.

The ketones released with ketogenic diets reduce the release of insulin and the stress hormones.

As a result, the blood sugar becomes more stable, hunger is calmed down, and anxiety is reduced.

Ketosis

ketosis merely means that our bodies are using fat for energy

When people eat less carbohydrate, their bodies burn fat for energy

In short your body uses the existing stores of fat.

Last edited:
Hi Welcome to the forum

I am also restarting I am on week 2.... Had a blip last week but bk on the ball now. After various towing and frowing between diets I have decided to stick with CD, hope u do well, defo having something visual to work towards will spur u on...my visual is my bridesmaid dress, for my brothers wedding on August 20th.
I actually want to pair up with somebody who is in the initial stages also, so if u think u might benefit 2...and want 2 team up. Im always here.

Hope ur first day goes swell ?

That section is pretty quiet

No one cheats or eats in this section though so you're safe here and it's busier :)

Hi,
I'm on ss, I have my 2nd wi tonight, I lost 8lb on my 1st :) I am 5"4 and my start weight was 13st 12lb, I'm looking for another good weight loss tonight as I am now beginning to feel the loss in my clothes :) yay!!!
Hope you all have a good day!

I would like to post on your thread too if that's okay. I have 30 pounds to go but I have been struggling the last month. I am determined to be 100% from now on and hopefully posting on here will help keep me on track for the last haul! Talk of food really bothers me too at this stage

Problem is, I am 100% SS - but because I am and this is week 13 I'm on 810 which makes a 100% board a bit annoying because if you are 100% you need to be eating in week 13 to follow the plan to the letter!

Also this part of the board is deathly quiet. Only a few posts a week - so I rarely come here.

Hi Shingai

Looks as if my other account might be deleted soon - apparently my new fierce 'tude isn't going dopwn too well with a few newbie weaklins there!!!

Standing up for myself after being criticised fopr writing capitalletters..gosh threads disappear quick enough there...sad women have been reporting me lol

Creulean - 810 as long as followed correctly is still 100% ss plan

;-)

Hope every1 is enjoying the lovely weather if any of you r in London?... The Sun is defo a motivator 4 me.... Can't help but see myself in that bikini.. Weigh in 2moz.... Anyway enjoy the rest of ur day ladies

I asked for my account to be deleted on there at one point SSR! I had just had enough of mourners and whingers, lol. But, I missed the "community" of it so I reopned it - that was before I discovered this site. I like it better!

May I join your thread? I'm resetting today I am following ss I'm having 4 packs a day as I'm 5ft 11, last time I did ss+ worst mistake!!! Good luck all xx

Just had a 100% weekend and I am so proud of myself because I had visitors whom I had to cook for and watch eating but not a morsel of food passed my lips! Go me!!

Back