1000cal (step 3) veggie ideas needed!!

porker77

Hi
My mum is looking to start CD on the 1000 cal step due to medical reasons.

She is Veggie, can anyone give me some good recipies or tips for her, or let me know where i can get some from?

If she gets bored with quorn, quorn tofu and quorn she will not stick with it!

Thanks

I have the same problem too. The step 3b option on the 1000 plan in the book doesn't even mention quorn, cottage cheese or tofu?? I tend to eat from the 810 menu or add a little quorn to pasta or rice. Can any CDC help maybe if they are out there x

I also would love to know some vegetarian options. I'm SSing at mo but I am worried about getting bored once on maintenance. Quorn is great and I love it but i dislike bland food, being Indian, I have been brought up on spices and seasoning.

I know fish is another popular option but I only eat tuna.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi i'm sure you can have an egg but only 3 times a week with salad or veg, you could have it boiled or scrambled and poach some mushrooms in water - and hey presto! a kinda cooked brekkie

I am veggie too and though I do love my 810 quorn meals I would love some more ideas... I made tofu & skim milk into a creamy sauce at Xmas to have on green veg, that was good... if eggs are allowed on 1000 that would be FAB I have really missed them. A poached egg would be heaven.

xxx

There was some ideas posted by Linda on a vegan thread here

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ing-back-vegan-diet-again-help-cd-please.html

Though I'm not sure how up to date it is. I haven't got a list myself as I've never needed it (could do with one though!)

It would be really worth asking your CDC to contact Cambridge, as I'm sure they will have a veggie, and a vegan plan, and that extra protein is so important.

Thanks KD, have bookmarked it - the info & amounts on chick peas & aduki beans etc are great... stepping up to 1000 suddenly looks a lot brighter!!! I used to be vegan (for 8 years) and loved that way of eating.

xxx

Thanks for that KD.

I'm still confused though can we have quorn, tofu and cottage cheese on the 1000 plan. It does not mention it on the link or in the book??

It would be really worth asking your CDC to contact Cambridge, as I'm sure they will have a veggie, and a vegan plan, and that extra protein is so important.
If anyone finds out please could they let me know as I cant get hold of my CDC until Tuesday. Thank you x

Trip, if you can have those things on 810 (and you can) then surely you can have them on 1000? As the steps include more varieties of food as you step up? On p 11 of my booklet weight care with cambridge it mentions quorn & cottage cheese. And I know you can have tofu too, & chick peas. Yay!!!

xxx

On p 11 of my booklet weight care with cambridge it mentions quorn & cottage cheese.
Yes but thats step 3a not 3b. Its confusing. Hopefully someone will clarify soon. Don't think I can do without quorn anyway, I would rather have less carbs. I love chick peas too and when I made the penne pasta, my children scofed it down chick peas and all.

Yikes... didn't notice that or read about the different versions! I only got that booklet yesterday, my CDC had forgotten to give it to me! We HAVE to have quorn though, if we are veggie what else are we meant to do? I think I would still have the quorn/tofu/cottage cheese amounts as in 810 (they are quite generous) but then add in the carbs from the 3b plan? Would that work? I need to know because I will be moving to 1000 next week all being well! Thanks Trip, for spotting this!

xxx

I think I would still have the quorn/tofu/cottage cheese amounts as in 810 (they are quite generous) but then add in the carbs from the 3b plan? Would that work?
Katycakes I agree. Im going to have it and count the extra calories. I know the pieces only have around 100 calories for 100grms so its not a big difference

Thanks Trip, that's brilliant... really helpful to have a few more options.

xxx

Back