104lbs to lose

LittleElle

Hi,
As the title says, I have about 104lbs to lose.

I weighed 92kg on Monday, it's now Thursday and I weigh 88.5kg

I'm using the LighterLife system, I've probably tried every other diet, including Veganism and Vegetarianism, none of which worked for me.

I feel excited and more motivated than I have ever felt on any of the other diet plans, I honestly think this is because I am weighing myself every day, and because this is my last attempt. I know that usually it's recommended to weigh yourself no often than once a week, and I probably WILL get fed up of doing so when the weightloss slows down, but at the moment I feel like I need to weigh myself every day to remind myself of what I am doing and why.

Overall, I'm only 4 days in, and I feel happy.

Great to see your thread here, Elle. Look forward to following your progress.

Welcome LittleElle to Minimins. I look forward to seeing your progress in the forth coming months.

Like yourself I have over 100lb to lose. I give myself mini challenge to achieve such next half stone or new stone bracket. This way I don't find it so daunting . I have joined challenges such as 50lb by Christmas which help me keep motivated and gives me the support along my weight loss journey.

Thanks PurpleOrc,
Yes, lots of little goals seems to be a more manageable system, doesn't it?

I'm marking my goals as every 5kg, and every half stone (like yourself) so that I can not get too overwhelmed.

I have joined the Summer Challenge group, which will be my first challenge.

Which fatloss method are you using?

Your welcome. I found at the beginning of my journey the amount I had to lose seemed so much and unobtainable taking smaller amounts you feel I can do that.

I have also joined the summer challenge as well and the year challenge of 50lb by Christmas. On the last challenge which is coming to an end this weekend i have lost 18lb in 12 weeks and what ever i lose tomorrow as Sunday my weigh day. I am pleased with my achievement . During that time dr took me off blood pressure medication as blood pressure now perfect. Good luck in the summer challenge

Today, 6 days in, I faced my first temptation.
My ever loving husband bought himself a steak from the shop...it was the biggest steak I've ever seen in my life.
He even made onion rings to go with it.
I sat on the sofa, nursing my bottle of water, vowing that in 12 weeks I will have the same.
IMG_20210403_194847.jpg

It must tough when hubby is not following the same eating programme as you. I am more fortunate than most as my hubby losing weight with with me. But you did well to be strong and not be seduced by the steak.

Which eating programme are you following?

Not going to lie, it was the most delicious smelling steak I'd ever experienced, and it took a LOT of self control to not ask for just a tiny nibble!

I'm following LighterLife VLCD, but I've also yesterday discovered Exante, which is very similar but less expensive, however the Exante items seem to be a tiny bit higher in calories, so I think I'm going to do a combination of both, I'm not sure.

I've started making a list of 20 foods I cannot wait to eat again, and have decided that after week 12 is completed, I'm going to "Rest" by having a week of following the plan, removing one VLCD item but choose 7 of the 20 foods, and have one of them a day.
Then after that, if I still have weight to lose, I will be back on the VLCD.

After the next 12 weeks, IL choose another 7 from the wishlist, and so on.

I have 3 foods/meals on the list already.

Day 1 I will have Squashy Jacket Potato with butter.
Day 2 I will have Cadburys Buttons.
Day 3 I will have Steak and Onion Rings.

Last edited:
Milestone Moment -
First Diary Rant.

Having thought about the steak thing, I'm actually feeling pretty peeved off that he did this.

He also wants to lose fat, and I've been giving him some training sessions (I'm a qualified PT, amongst other fitness Qualifications and Certifications), but he's made absolutely no attempt to change his diet, or cut down on the alcohol etc, and he whinged about me giving him postural alignment work, which he REALLY needs if he wants to become more active.

I've been extremely focused and strong on these first days of VLCD, and, right on the day when I've been open about today being a little bit of a challenge foodwise (because I've not been at work, I've not expended as much energy as usual, and I've been feeling really guilty about it) he brings home, for himself to eat, not only a steak, but the biggest steak I've ever seen in my life.

Feels like a bit of rubbing my face in it, to be honest.

I'm not sure if swearing is allowed on here, so an angry emoji will have to do.

🤬😡

Rant over.
Oooh that felt good.

I'm not surprised you are ranting. Glad you can rant here. I just watched a documentary on YT where someone's fat husband was really wanting the limelight - when the attention was on his wife. Mine is disinterested, He's been ill and has packed on a load of weight on his tummy.

https://www.avidhipro.co.uk/ has dietimeal shakes - which I like. They come in lower calorie (if you mix with water, not skimmed milk) or higher (for the 5:2diet). They are high quality. They have a smaller rage than usual - think they come from France - so maybe the range will increase agan when they have sorted out importiing.

I can understand your anger regarding the steak. The saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink come to mind regarding health tips.

I am having physio at the minute with a group of exercises to do. I was out of alignment as I favoured my stronger side. so I sat and stood lopsided. in the long term it gave me the mother of bad backs. Hubby was fed up of me being in pain and mentioned it to physio about my back. I was examined and found my problems all stemmed from the way I sat and stood. I thought my back was bad as well through wear and tear. I had been a nurse in the days when lifting aids were something we could only dream about. Plus I partly blamed some of the pain on the amount of extra weight I was carrying.

I have a weaker side after numerous multiple sclerosis attacks which effected my right side. Now I am having to put in lots of work to correct it. I have been going to physio since December. I had this weakness for 20 some years but when I was diagnosed it was of the thought you have this illness and there is nothing much can be done for you. So I believed this was my lot in life.

So I hope hubby sees the light because doing physio for weeks to correct issues is hard work and you have to be motivated to do it daily even when you can't be bothered,

Well done on staying focus. You will start to see the fruits of your labour. I had a small piece of chocolate today for Easter but this was factored in and synned as per slimming world programme . but was my first piece of chocolate for 6 months

Last edited:
Thanks, AliGal and PurpleOrc.

I'm feeling a lot more positive today, I've weighed myself (I was not expecting a loss because the weekend has been so inactive) but to my surprise I've lost another 0.8kg, which is 1.7lbs according to the converter, so that's made me feel good.

Yeah, Hubby's posture is so bad, it's almost impossible to do even simple Flex and Mobility work with him, never mind things like weights, so I'm trying to help him in whatever way I can.

He's not "serious" about it as much as I am, he knows he needs to lose his beer belly, but I don't think he's at the stage where he is actually ready to properly follow a regime, if that makes sense? Kind of like how it was for me just before joining this forum, I knew I needed to lose weight for many years, nothing had worked, but probably also deep.down maybe I wasn't ready to actually be as focused as I am at the moment.

Congrats on weight loss a great start to your journey one to be proud of.

I hope hubby catches up and you can do your weight loss journey together. Hubby was happy to join me as you can eat a lot of food on slimming world. We can have chips /steak etc but you just cook a little different and have a 1/3 of speed veg/fruit per meal. Treats are allowed but have syn value and I can have 15 syns worth. My hubby not complained once but complemented me numerous times how nice the meal was. Plus you don't feel hungry. Even had chocolate yesterday and synned it in.

I've done slimming world lots of times over the past 15 years, the final try last year was an absolute disaster, with a really unsupportive Group Leader. 🙈🙁.
I'm really glad it works for you, Your stats are really fantastic!

Thankyou, I follow slimming world principles but I do it alone. I am sure I have made a few pigs ears over the months but got more right than wrong. I have heard that group leaders are hit and miss from others who follow the programme.

Back