109 days to my holiday and desperately need to shift some pounds

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Well, It's over six months since I booked my holiday and pledged to lose 3st and I've not lost a single pound. Here were are just short of 3 months away and now I'm starting to fret about how horrific I am going to look.

So bit the bullet and joined SW this morning on-line. I couldn't bear to go to a class even though there is one just across the road and I know from past experience that I cannot do this plan without access to the online syns bit.

I also want to show myself that I CAN stick to a diet for a length of time successfully.

So, this is my food diary

Day 1 of 109 - Red Day

Breakfast: 2 x eggs, scrambled with milk and brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch: 3 x small pork loin steaks.

Snack: Mandarin muller

Tea: Chicken breast, 1 slice of bacon, 28g cheddar with salad.

Syns: Piece of chocolate sponge cake (no idea how many syns, fell at the first hurdle)

HE - A (250mls of semi-skimmed milk throughout the day / cheese)
HE - B (4 x Alpen Light Cereal Bars)

weighed in this morning at 15st 0lbs on the nose so I've lost 3lbs over the last year hah hah ( I can see over there <---- where it says 'statistics')

EDIT - wahoo just discovered 2 Alpen bars are only 1 HE so I'll be scoffing another two throughout the evening.

Last edited:
Hey!

Well done for joining SW, it's the first step towards your goal! How come you don't want to go to a class? They're a really good place to get support and get ideas for things aswell, although there is a lot of helpful support and advice on here too!

good luck!! x

Hey!

Well done for joining SW, it's the first step towards your goal! How come you don't want to go to a class? They're a really good place to get support and get ideas for things aswell, although there is a lot of helpful support and advice on here too!

good luck!! x

Hi, thanks for the reply. It wasn't that I didn't want to go to a class, but I fell out with the leader of the class closest to where I live. I was last a member in December 2010 and I missed one class (I had been planning to go but an event I was at over-ran and I didn't have her phone number with me) so I couldn't let her know so when I went the next week she said that you could only take holidays as a pre-booked agreement and you could not just miss a week, turn up the next, and then expect to be able to take it as a holiday. This really annoyed me so I walked out. She had never mentioned this at my first class - and as I have been to a fair few SW clubs, this has never been the case with any of the other leaders.

However I knew someone at the same class (not a friend, just knew her from living in the same area) and when I bumped into her a short while later she asked me why I had stopped going. So I told her the above and she said that the leader had let her do exactly what she had not let me do!

If she'd have let me do it once - or even told me at my joining meeting that you had to pre-book a holiday - fine, but she didn't.

So I dramatically swore never to darken her doorstep again.

However I really don't enjoy going to classes anyway. I just find them a bit boring to be honest. The SW ones go on for far too long and WW is just one big hard sell. I've been on minimins for a few years now and have always found the forums to be supportive.

(will update this as I go along today)

108 days to my holiday

Day 2 of 108

Breakfast - Toffee muller poured over 2 bananas and an Alpen light bar

Lunch - salad, boiled egg, chicken roll, Atlantic Cod fillet in sundried tomato butter sauce (1.5 syns) with balsamic dressing (2 syns)

Dinner - fish pie (made up of full pack of frozen veg, white fish, seafood sticks, salmon fillets and prawns) and cheese sauce (4 syns?) - the family had mashed potato with theirs.

Snacks - low cal hot chocolate (2 syns)

HEA - 500ml semi skimmed milk

HEB - 2 x alpen light bars, 71g garden peas

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. It wasn't that I didn't want to go to a class, but I fell out with the leader of the class closest to where I live. I was last a member in December 2010 and I missed one class (I had been planning to go but an event I was at over-ran and I didn't have her phone number with me) so I couldn't let her know so when I went the next week she said that you could only take holidays as a pre-booked agreement and you could not just miss a week, turn up the next, and then expect to be able to take it as a holiday. This really annoyed me so I walked out. She had never mentioned this at my first class - and as I have been to a fair few SW clubs, this has never been the case with any of the other leaders.

Fair enough! I've been to 4 different groups over the years, and the experience varies majorly dependant on the consultant and the other members aswell! I went to a 9am tuesday group, loved the consultant, but felt a bit of a loner being a 20-year-old in a class full of older ladies and new mums! But the class i'm at now is wonderful!

I've always known it as you have 4 weeks holiday (i think) a year and you can pre-book them, but if you miss a class for any reason you could either pay for the missed week, or the consultant can override the system and put it as being holiday!

x

To be fair, she was a good consultant, looked good for having done SW herself and the class was always busy. Another niggle I had though was she had a habit of saying "So and so has only lost half a pound but she's pleased" as if half a pound was not an achievement.

I'm just scoffing my breakfast and it's delicious - I want some more!!! Not sure what to have for lunch, I'd like to stick to as many original days as possible for my first week as from experience I don't lose so much on EE or green and I really do need a boost. I need to go shopping anyway, I get my frozen stuff from farmfoods so meat/poultry is always affordable. You can get 3 bags of 10 pork loin steaks for £10, and 2 bags of 4 large chicken breasts for £8.

107 days to my holiday

Day 3 of 108

Breakfast - Strawberry muller poured over 2 bananas and an Alpen light bar

Lunch - Sliced turkey, salad, coleslaw (3.5 syns) with fat-free vinaigrette dressing (0.5 syns).

Dinner - Gammon steak x 2, 50g oven chips (5.5 syns), slice of pineapple

Snacks - 2 x satsumas, 1 x alpen light bar, mint muller yoghurt

HEA - (STILL NEED TO HAVE BOTH H/E A CHOICES

HEB - 2 x alpen light bars (ANOTHER H/E B CHOICE NEEDED)

It's so much easier back at work when I don't have the temptations of the fridge or the treat box. However I work in a hospital where I can get my lunch for a quid. They do a salad choice or a jacket potato, but the hot meals are so good. Also found out they are doing a BBQ on Wednesday as a special event is taking place, I just hope there's salad and chicken legs.

106 days to my holiday

Day 4 of 108

Breakfast - 2 x bananas, Alpen light bar

Lunch - Sliced ham, salad, cheese with fat-free vinaigrette dressing (0.5 syns).

Dinner - 4 x chicken drumsticks, salad, balsamic dressing (1.5 syns) 1tbsp sweetcorn (1 syn), a few chips (2 syns)

Snacks - 2 x satsumas, 3 x alpen light bar, mint muller yoghurt, crabsticks

HEA - Milk & Cheese

HEB -4 x alpen light bars

I'm really starting to miss mayonnaise on my salads.

105 days to my holiday

Day 5 of 109

Breakfast - 1 x banana

Lunch - (10 syns for this): 1 x chicken drumstick with a chinese marinade, 1 x ordinary drumstick, 1 x spare rib with chinese sauce, 1 x lamb burger, salad, 2 tbsp cous-cous, 2 tbsp pasta in mayonnaise - the syns are a guesstimate,

Dinner - bacon & cheese quiche. I'm probably not allowed to do this but I have made a pastryless quiche with 2 days worth of healthy extras in cheese and milk of which I intend to eat half today and half tomorrow.

Snacks - mint muller, 4 x alpen light bars

HEA - Milk & Cheese

HEB -4 x alpen light bars

I work in a hospital and there was a BBQ today hence the BBQ food for lunch. I was very 'good' and just had small portions of the pasta and cous-cous, and I have worked out around 10. Even my friend who has done SW, said she would reckon around 10 (which was the figure I had in mind and hadn't said out loud). It was really nice. It killed me not having a pudding though (sob, wail)

104 days to my holiday

Day 6 of 109

Breakfast - 1 x banana

Lunch - Pastryless bacon quiche and salad

Dinner -.not had it yet - probably a chicken breast

Snacks - Banana muller, 2 x satsuma, 2 x alpen light bars

Syns: 500ml bottle of full sugar coca-cola (dont know how many syns yet)

HEA - Milk & Cheese

HEB - 2 x alpen light bars

Whoops found out yesterday I shouldn't be using pre-grated cheese. Something to bear in mind when I do my shopping this week!!!

Good luck with your diet. I go on holiday in 7 1/2 weeks & really want to get down to 12 stone by then (currently 13 st 9lb) will be tough but I'm determined xx

102 days to my holiday

Day 8 of 109.

Weigh-in day today - 4lbs off! I'm pleased with this as when I was at WW I had only lost two pounds in the first week which made me feel really fed up. 4lbs in the first week is the kind of loss I expect!

Need to be uber careful this week though as I have read that week 2 is always difficult and even if you follow it to the letter losses aren't always good, so I'll prepare myself to stay the same this week and any loss will be a bonus.

So this week I will try and eat more speed foods

Breakfast: Banana, toffee apple WW Yoghurt, punnet of mango

Lunch

Dinner

HEA

HEB

Syns

Good luck with your diet. I go on holiday in 7 1/2 weeks & really want to get down to 12 stone by then (currently 13 st 9lb) will be tough but I'm determined xx

Thanks for the reply - good luck, keep up the good work - you know it works! Lots of walking and speed foods xxx

Are you going anywhere nice? We're off to Kos. I haven't been abroad since 2007 and all of my holiday clothes are size 14. At the moment I am now a large 16/small 18, so I have to drop a good two dress sizes. I'm sure I remember going on holiday weighing 13st 2lbs and all my holiday stuff did fit, and then I came back at 13st 10lbs (we'd only gone for a chuffing week, and it was self-catering at that!!!). Hence me wanting to lose 2 stones (started at 15st) to ensure I don't have to spend £££ on new holiday stuff.

Back