10K British Road Race 6th July 2008 - Done and dusted!!!!!!!

The most important thing when you are a 'learner' is not to run too fast... It has taken me over a year to get from 13 min miles to 10 min miles. If you run too fast you will 'burn out' and have to walk earlier in the race.. ;)

That's good advice! Thanks!

Have finally achieved my first running goal, which is to be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping - I did it!!!!! I managed 4.31 km in 30 mins, so v chuffed with that. Brought my OH along for the ride too, he needed cheering up!

Good luck Fiona. I know you will do it love Pamx
Thanks Pam!!! :hug99:
I'm soooo looking forward to it. I went out for a run tonight and it's looking good!!!!!!! :D Totally addicted!
x x x

3 Weeks To Go!!!!!

Youre so lovely Pam!! :flowers:
Just think though, you can go walk on the lovely beach whenever you like now!!!

Just 3 weeks to go!!!!!
When I started this thread I think it was 6 months to go!!!!!!!! :eek:

So excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :D

2 weeks to go!!!

I went to a running shop yesterday to see if I was wearing the right running shoes and found out I wasn't!!
So I'm now the proud owner of some Brooks Adrenaline running shoes. The difference is unbelievable!
Went out for a run last night, still only managed 6k and at a slow pace but enjoyed it anyway!

How's everyone else doing?

Only 5 days to go!!!

Only 5 days to go and I've not been running for over a week as I hurt my ankle! (30 years old and still falling over!!)

Hope veryone else is doing ok and looking forward to it as much as I am!!!

Woo hoo!!! I did it!!

I completed it in 1hr 23mins and very pleased with that!!!
I had a fantastic day and hope anyone else who completed it did too!! :D

x x x​

I had LOADS of fun! :D
Was right at the back though so next year I'll get there a bit earlier. Didn't get past the start until 10.10 and the race started at 9.35!!!!

I think my next race will be the Nike+ Human Race on August 31st. I posted a thread about it a while ago but I guess no-one else is doing it!

Thanks Pam!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My pics are up on the web now. My god I look awful! Time to finish my weight loss journey methinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you go walking on the beach?!

x x x

Back