10s to 8s

The only way i stopped my sugar binges was to cut it out completely :-(
After a week or so you'll find you don't even crave it anymore!

I've decided that come the 1st January, all junk food in this house is getting binned....makes it easier to eat clean if it ain't here xx

I'm the same - all or nothing. Mon- friday is nothing. Literally. Saturday I'm look. ooh, I don't really fancy a biscuit but I'm going to have one. Then BOOM!!! 1500 calories of sugar later. Absolutely DETERMINED to break that habit this year.

Felt so fat in the gym a minute ago. Can't wait to get back to where I was before france.

I don't think I realised how much sugar I ate until starting this diary. It could just be because it's Christmas and we have heaps of it in the house, but I don't think so.

On the tube going into work and reading an interview with Davina McCall saying that she's cut out all processed sugar but still has things like agave and honey. Think I'm going to try that in the NY, all but one cheat day a week- probably my drinking day.

That, 5:2 and generally eating healthily and lots of running. That's got to work right?!

I don't think I realised how much sugar I ate until starting this diary. It could just be because it's Christmas and we have heaps of it in the house, but I don't think so. On the tube going into work and reading an interview with Davina McCall saying that she's cut out all processed sugar but still has things like agave and honey. Think I'm going to try that in the NY, all but one cheat day a week- probably my drinking day. That, 5:2 and generally eating healthily and lots of running. That's got to work right?!

Yup and actually quite maintainable I think ;-)

Btw if you're near a waitrose and have a store card I recommend picking up a free copy of their jan mag, Waitrose Kitchen. It's got loads of healthy recipes and diet features. Well worth a read.

Btw if you're near a waitrose and have a store card I recommend picking up a free copy of their jan mag, Waitrose Kitchen. It's got loads of healthy recipes and diet features. Well worth a read.

ooh thanks, will do

I quit sugar last year and i honestly couldn't believe how good i felt for it.
You end up losing the cravings too :)

Right it all starts today!

10st 2.8lbs

8.5 mile run done. Slow going at 1hr 35 but probably still feeling the NYE excess.

Meal plan today:

B- 2 x rye bread w a little butter and peanut butter

L- will be quorn, w stir fry veggies and snoodles w soy sauce

D- plan to just have a smoothie

S- fruit

Attachments

• image-3032993964.jpg
    image-3032993964.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 52
Oh and that's me and my big tummy!

It's not big!! But I'm so grateful I had before pics because you can physically see the changes!!

You're very kind but even I was surprised by the picture and I see it in real life every day!

It's always been a problem area for me, that and my arms.

So yesterday didn't go exactly as planned. My resolve to be good at the 40th lasted about all of 5 minutes after which I drank 5 large white wine spritzers, 4 glasses of Prosseco and 2 half pints of beer. Needless to say I felt a little sick in the cab home. Classy!

It did mean that I was too drunk to have dinner and the scales are now telling me I've lost 3lbs since Thursday. Sadly I know that's not real and I'm sure it'll all go on overnight.

Today's food so far:

B- 1 toast and marmite
- Smoothie (homemade w banana, almond milk, little peanut butter and frozen fruit)

L- 1 toast with avocado, harrissa and 2 poached eggs (c/o my lovely husband)
- small smoothie lolly (full of sugar but only 58cals)

Going to try at least one fast day next week, probably Tuesday and I'm going to double up my runs to work- 3.2 miles each way.

Saturday will be my cheat day. Not that I really deserve one after yesterday!

That always happens to me! Don't know why I bother saying I'm going to be good at parties with food! Never am

Hiya hope Ya don't mind me writing on your diary, I'm 10.10 at the moment and would love to go back to 8.7 too, have you got a goal date? X

Not at all! Oddly I hadn't even thought of a target date but now you mention it Id like to be at 8.10 by the time I do the marathon on 12 April.

How about you? And what's your diet plan?

Still being a bit useless on the food front. Not eating bad things, just eating too much.

Pleased with myself today because it's the first time in my life I've ever run twice in one day. Enjoyed it.

Not at all! Oddly I hadn't even thought of a target date but now you mention it Id like to be at 8.10 by the time I do the marathon on 12 April.

How about you? And what's your diet plan?

Would love to be 9.7 by March as ive got a weekend away planned, but defo want to be 8.7/8 by June, gonna be hard but I want it so bad I went to 8 stone twice last time being last year and it was amazing, I did it by slimming world/red days, now I'm on 5:2

Last edited:
Would love to be 9.7 by March as ive got a weekend away planned, but defo want to be 8.7/8 by June, gonna be hard but I want it so bad I went to 8 stone twice last time being last year and it was amazing, I did it by slimming world/red days, now I'm on 5:2

9.7 by March sounds really doable. How are you getting on?

I've been a bit quiet on here as I try to work out what's right for me. Turns out it is 5:2. I was over the 500cals on both days but it's meant I've lost 3lbs this week. So down to 10st 1.4 which isn't a huge loss in the 2 weeks since NY but still. If I can lose another 3 in the next week or so to get into the 9s I'll be happy.

I think my 5:2 days food I'll keep the same:
B- porridge with skim milk
L- upbeat drink
S- Apple or carrot
D- half small avo, 2 scrambled eggs, lettuce

Probably takes me over the 500 but I'll be exercising.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.

12 miles run. 1391 cals burnt (according to the garmin). Knackered but happy.

Sounds about right ? Amazing effort! How long did it take you?

Back