11 days and still no weight loss :0(

mini260462

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and started the Dukan diet 11 days ago. I have religously stuck to it measuring the mix for my galettes everyday, eating masses of protein and only oat bran for carbs (plus I've used other recipes from his book for attack & cruise). I had 5 days of attack so I am now cruising. I am taking an anti depressant and iron tablets as I am anaemic.
BUT, I weighed myself this morning and no weight loss, how can this be? On the website I just checked and I should have lost 5lbs I have a lot of weight to loose as I am 17stone 11pounds.
I am not adding fat to any dishes and just use a couple of sprays of frylight for the eggs and galettes. I have varied the meat, fish and poultry and enjoyed veg on the alternate days. I even have the 100 food list on my fridge so I can check what I eat.
Only been having skimmed milk too. Any suggestions would be greatly apppreciated as I really do need to loose some weight :0( TY Bec

Hey

Im not familiar with the DUKAN diet, but it sounds like a high protein - low carb diet designed to cause ketosis?

Do you know the total calorie intake with your diet at present?. It may be that your still eating sufficient calories for maintenance of weight- and that your getting enough carbs to avoid ketosis.

Finally, im not sure what your exercise regime is at present? I do know adding cardio and resistance work kick started things for me

I have to admit by the way im not a huge fan of high protein / low carb diets- i prefer healthy eating with a small daily calorie deficit personally. But i do hope this works well for you, got my fingers crossed for you.

I agree with trw, low calarie diet and exercise is the best way, it might take longer but i found its alot easier than fad diets, good luck with losing weight, i really hope you make it

Back