11 stone looks so far away.....

Mrs*S

My weigh in on Saturday I was a pound under 17 stone I want to reach 11 stone as I have never been that weight ever! It seems a really long way off, has anyone else either got the same amount or lost that amount and can keep me motivated :)

Yeah, I have a similar amount to lose. My heaviest was 17.5stone, but I started SW this time at 16.5stone. I've just got rid of my 1st stone on my way to 10/11 ish (I'm guessing I'll know when I get there). I'm breaking my targets into small chunks & trying not to look at the bogger picture just yet ;)

im heavier than you but the lowest weight i can remember me being at the age of 19 was 12 stone so this is my target weight at the moment it is along way to go but i have managed to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks so at the moment im on a high and more determined than ever to lose this weight my husbands not the most supportive at the moment as hes seen me on off diets for the last 10 years and is probably thinking it wont last but im so gonna proof him wrong lol. I think finding this forum has helped me a great deal theres lots of support and tips not to mention great recipies and im sure it will help you to xx

Hi Mrs S

On January 18th I was 16st 10 so very close to your weight. I'm now at 13st 7. OK its taken a while and at times I have had "naughty" days. But the weight is coming down.

Do it in smaller stages 7 lb at a time and don't think you have to do it in a timescale.

I would like to be 11.7 by the summer that's my goal but its not the end of the world if I don't get there, just so long as I don't go up.

My life is already much better and I'm now a lot fitter (if the purse is a bit lighter - due to having to purchase smaller size clothes!).

Don't give up, even if you have a bad day. Start again the next day.

Welcome!!

I think you should take it steady and do it half a stone or a stone at a time this is what i did. I started in april 14st 9 lost a little bit by my self and started slimming world at 14st 4 at the end of april. I am now 11st 5 (hopefully 11st 4 tomorrow!!). I found if you think of smaller targets its more acheiveable!

Good luck and believe me you can do it! If some one had told me i would be this weight at xmas i would have laughed at them but i have done it and so can you! xx

Thank you all of you, I am so glad I found this site as it is lovely to know there are so many people in the same boat as me and I think I will be jumping sumersalts when I get down to the weight I want to be. I have given myself till next years eve 2010 to get down to wear a little black number and look fabulous and I reckon with all of us encouraging each other then we will all be stunning by then!

I have around 8 stone to loose so also have a long way to go. Haven't decided on an exact target yet but will decide when I get nearer!
Trying to focus on the smaller goals to keep me motivated!
Good luck everybody else!

Hi I weighed exactly the same as you when I started again, I messed around lost 2 lbs then joined SW on line. I also want to get down to 11 stone. Good luck x

I have tried every diet on the planet (apart from the ones that cost around £60 a week!) And nothing has worked, so this one is going to so I am determined to get into a size 12 and look fantastic

I know the feeling too! I couldnt believe when I went to my first WI and was 18 stone 11lbs. I knew I was bigger than I thought but it really upset me! I still havent set a target mainly because I knew I had a lot to loose and didnt want the added pressure of it. I have had small goals and this has really helped me to stick with it. I must admit im finding the last bit of weight harder to loose and things are much slower but I will keep going. It is only now that I am thinking about a target weight and give it another half stone and I may feel comfortable to set a target!

hello. There are lots of people on the forum who have several stones to lose and are doing well with SW. It's daunting when you think of it as a whole number to lose but just focus on each half stone as you go and you'll be collecting awards in no time. I too have not set a target weight as yet but hope to get there by Easter next year.

Good luck on your journey.

Hiya,

I am also similar to you, my start weight was 17 stone 10lb 3 weeks ago, have lost 7lb in the last 2 weeks and another weigh in tomorrow! I have set 11 stone as my target at the moment too, but I think of it in pounds and when I see that 7 lb has made a dent in it already I know that I can do it! :D

I was 1lb less than 19 stone when I started and have 11stone as my 'target' too. so 8 stone to lose felt like a mammoth task. I have never been anywhere near a 'normal' weight in my adult life so though it was impossible.

I have now lost over 6 stone and am in the 12s for the first time ever, so am proof that you can do this. I have another 2 stone to lose, but WILL do it

I have had plenty of ups and downs, but in those low moments please be assured that you will get there- not overnight, but as the stones fall away you will feel motivated, healthy and finally in control.

Stick around on here for lots of help, support and added motivation- you will be telling your story before you know it to show others that it can be done!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have around 7 stone to lose so will be around for a long time! xx

I lost 3 stone from May last year to April this year by taking the scenic route and am back for good now xx

At the start of the year, I was 24st 13lb!!

When I started SW about 11 weeks ago, I was down to 24st.

Last WI a week ago I was down to 21st exactly.

I still have a long way to go, but I am on the train headed there :)

Best of luck!

Hi Mrs S

You sound so determined I am sure that you can do this. I am just at the end of year 2 of SW and am a slow and steady girl.

I just poped in to say you can do it if you stick with it. Break it down into small chunks and perhaps reward yourself each 1/2 stone or so and if it is any motivation I am having my LBD year this year so your day will definatly come if you stick with it!

Back