11 stone something to 10 stone something~

Thanks Jess! Your message was a lovely boost to my motivation today :) yes please could you let me know what you do, I think I'm going to start with walking a couple of times a week and hope that I will be more motivated after that.

Nic

x

Hi Nic

You're welcome, it is just the truth though :)

I had a one off personal trainer session where we did the following things which you could adapt to do at home I think. (there were a few more things but you would probably need the gym)

Kettlebell squats: Take a kettlebell (or something about 10lbs), stand with your legs shoulderlength apart, hold the item at chest level keep your back straight and squat. Hold the position for a few seconds and rise slowly upwards.

Step ups: self-explanatory, step up and down for 30 seconds at a time - I would use your bottom stair for this.

Abdominal crunches: where you keep your legs in the air at an angle (so legs up knees bent) and do small sit ups. Make sure to keep your muscles tight as you crunch.

Abdominal twist: sit on the floor, take your weight (can of beans) and twist to each side. Do 20 twists.

Standing one-arm dumbbell curl: take a weight (or maybe a can of beans or something a bit heavier) and do a bicep curl. do ten of these with each arm.

Lateral raise: take a weight (or maybe a can of beans or something a bit heavier), put your arm out straight to your side, and lower arm slowly towards the body then lift back up to starting position. do ten of these with each arm.

So i would take a few of these, and do them as a circuit. I think he said multiples of 12 are best so take 3 exercises and do 4 lots of them.

I hope this is clear enough, some are very hard to describe!

Walking is also definitely good for you, I try to walk more places since slimming :)

xx

Thanks a lot Jess :) I will definitely be adding some more to my daily routine other than just working and studying :/ hope you had a good day. Nic x

It's tough but once it's routine it's easier :)
your welcome
i had a good day but ended up going to pub with family and having some pie :/
gonna work hard at gym tomorrow to burn that off!
xx

Morning, I really feel like giving up today.. I have stayed on plan and drunk 2 litres of water.. Even started taking green tea tablets last week yet my weigh in this week is either 11.1.2 or 11.2.4 (which it was this morning) it just will not budge :( really lost motivation today..

Morning Nic. No don't give up :( even if the pounds aren't dropping off you're eating healthier so will be becoming healthier which is a really good thing. My sister in law had a few weeks maintaining or up/down a few lbs and now she keeps having bigger losses.
Also make sure you're eating enough as when I wasn't I didn't lose any.
Chin up honey :) xx

Thanks Jess, I am just disheartened by the fact that I keep reading that people have had 3 pound + losses a week.. I've only done that once and even then I had gained a pound the week before.. How do people lose so much so quickly and I barely loss a pound?? :/ I am also wondering if I am eating enough.. I do keep a food diary but maybe I should start posting it to see if I am going wrong somewhere. X

No problem Nic. The most I ever lose is a lb a week so I know where you're coming from completely. I think steady losses are better though because they (usually) stay off. It is probably down to metabolism and how much you have got to lose.

You could start a blog/thread, I will follow it. Or just post it here for a few days and people will give advice i'm sure.

xx

Put a lb on this morning :( feeling disheartened as been to gym 3 times but tbf haven't eaten perfectly and last weekend was a binge. Still :/ though xx.

Put a lb on this morning :( feeling disheartened as been to gym 3 times but tbf haven't eaten perfectly and last weekend was a binge. Still :/ though xx.

Morning Jess, hope you are feeling a little better now. Like you said to me yesterday don't feel disheartened, you are doing great by working out and much healthier (especially compared to me - who isn't doing any exercise at the mo :/) I ended up having a day off yesterday, I spent it with my bf and his little girl and I felt I decided to stop food watching just for one day.. His scales this morning are saying 11.1! So I guess having a day off helped in more ways than one ;)

hope you have a good day :eek:

nic x

Hi Nic

I'm feeling much better now thank you. Thank you for replying I really needed support this morning. I read your message and it really helped :)

Well i'm going to be good today then have tomorrow as my day off then back on it on sunday :) Trying to do success express so will see how that goes.

Yay i'm glad having a day off helped, i think it can kick start your metabolism :) and chill you out etc ;)

Hope you have a good day too!

Jess xx

Hi Nic

I'm feeling much better now thank you. Thank you for replying I really needed support this morning. I read your message and it really helped :)

Well i'm going to be good today then have tomorrow as my day off then back on it on sunday :) Trying to do success express so will see how that goes.

Yay i'm glad having a day off helped, i think it can kick start your metabolism :) and chill you out etc ;)

Hope you have a good day too!

Jess xx

Thats great to hear :) and im glad I could help! I am feeling much more focused today, and even more so since my first sw mag was waiting for me when I got back this morning-talk about a sign!! So have decided to follow the recipes pretty much to the letter for EE (as I haven't done that plan before) and hope that it gives my mind and body a kick up the bum.. I have 3 weeks on Tuesday until my holiday so am really hoping to be at least a pound or two into the 10s by then :)

Talk soon

Nic
Xx

Ooh is that the August/Sept copy? There are some fab recipes in it! Woop you can do it keep us updated on how it's going :) xx

Hey Jess, hope your having a good weekend :) I am just off to work :( but have been off in the week so can't complain too much.. just wanted to check in and share my food diary for today please to see if you have any pointers?

EE.

B: coffee with (hea) french toast (heb) and yogurt (2 syns) was going to have berries with it but fridge is empty (went shopping this morning)

L: tuna salad with half a packet of roasted vegetable couscous and homemade coleslaw (made with ff yogurt)

D: 2 x quorn sausages, carrot and swede mash, broccoli, cabbage and mangetout. With a little gravy (3 syns?)

Snacks: strawberries and blueberries with yogurt (2 syns) and a 'gold' bar biscuit (5 syns) Would be grateful for any pointers or ideas :)

Nic

Xx

Hey Jess, hope your having a good weekend :) I am just off to work :( but have been off in the week so can't complain too much.. just wanted to check in and share my food diary for today please to see if you have any pointers?

EE.

B: coffee with (hea) french toast (heb) and yogurt (2 syns) was going to have berries with it but fridge is empty (went shopping this morning)

L: tuna salad with half a packet of roasted vegetable couscous and homemade coleslaw (made with ff yogurt)

D: 2 x quorn sausages, carrot and swede mash, broccoli, cabbage and mangetout. With a little gravy (3 syns?)

Snacks: strawberries and blueberries with yogurt (2 syns) and a 'gold' bar biscuit (5 syns) Would be grateful for any pointers or ideas :)

Nic

Xx

Hi Nic, I hope work is okay!

Breakfast: What yoghurt do you have? You could try a non fat natural yoghurt or mullerlights or something free (although i'm fussy about yoghurt lol) and yeah definitely have berries if you have them in, and maybe a banana? that always helps me fill up

Lunch: what couscous was it as I don't think they are all free? althogh i could be wrong as i dont have it. Sounds like you've got lots of free and superfree though :) Did you make the tuna salad?

Dinner: sounds perfect, and gravy can be as little as 1 syn :D

Again snacks sound great!

I've been trying success express (although i am going to ruin it with a cheeky chinese as it is sat night)

Breakfast: Beans, Plum tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon with the fat cut off (all done in fry light), with a breadbun (HEB)

Lunch: Chicken tikka salad, with cheese (HEA) and some light mayo (about 3 syns)

Dinner: 100 syns lol!

xxxx

Hi Nic, I hope work is okay!

Breakfast: What yoghurt do you have? You could try a non fat natural yoghurt or mullerlights or something free (although i'm fussy about yoghurt lol) and yeah definitely have berries if you have them in, and maybe a banana? that always helps me fill up

Lunch: what couscous was it as I don't think they are all free? althogh i could be wrong as i dont have it. Sounds like you've got lots of free and superfree though :) Did you make the tuna salad?

Dinner: sounds perfect, and gravy can be as little as 1 syn :D

Again snacks sound great!

I've been trying success express (although i am going to ruin it with a cheeky chinese as it is sat night)

Breakfast: Beans, Plum tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon with the fat cut off (all done in fry light), with a breadbun (HEB)

Lunch: Chicken tikka salad, with cheese (HEA) and some light mayo (about 3 syns)

Dinner: 100 syns lol!

xxxx

Thanks for that Jess! I am really fussy with yogurts and would rather spend a couple of syns on a yogurt that I enjoy :) I love petit filous :D I can't stand bananas. . :thumbdown: I have been warned today about the couscous :/ I usually make my own but was rushed for time. Yes tuna salad was just a tin of tuna on some mixed leaves :)

Your day sounds good as well! Enjoy your chinese! :D

Xx

Hi honey :) hope you're okay today!

Chinese was amazing but I had to finish the prawn crackers for lunch as I couldn't let them go to waste! ;)

Breakfast today: Museli (HEB) and milk from HEA allowance; strawberries; banana
Lunch: prawncrackers, a scan bran and an extra light cheese triangle
Dinner: Pork; potatoes; vegetables; naughty yorkshire pud and stuffing

I've not followed plan perfectly as you can see :) but i'll be back on it tomorrow!

xxxx

Hi honey :) hope you're okay today!

Chinese was amazing but I had to finish the prawn crackers for lunch as I couldn't let them go to waste! ;)

Breakfast today: Museli (HEB) and milk from HEA allowance; strawberries; banana
Lunch: prawncrackers, a scan bran and an extra light cheese triangle
Dinner: Pork; potatoes; vegetables; naughty yorkshire pud and stuffing

I've not followed plan perfectly as you can see :) but i'll be back on it tomorrow!

xxxx

Morning Jess :)

Hope you enjoyed the weekend! I worked all of it.. but did get to have a lovely roast too yesterday as I was on an early shift ;)

I am feeling a little glum today after sts for about the 3rd week running. . I just don't know what I am doing wrong!! I really need to get myself in gear and start working out-from today!! Have decided to stick with ee for now (although I am still very wary of eating pasta and rice freely?!?) As red days clearly had me stuck in a rut..

So far today I have planned..

B: mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bacon, eggs, spaghetti (1/2 tin) and im going to attempt a potato cake.

L: (late im sure after the mammoth breakfast! ) roast beef sandwich (heb) with salad and horseradish sauce (2 syns) and some fruit.

D: piri piri lamb salad from this months mag :D

Have a good day :)

X

Morning Nic!

Glad you still had your roast - v important. I had a lovely weekend thank you, not much looking forward to a week of work though!

Aw I hate sts weeks but better than putting on. Just keep at it and I'm sure you will manage to lose :)

Tbf I think that the amount of pasta you eat per meal will be same portion as if you had it in red plan as I think cos I found it worked out about 1/3 plate anyway :) Big change will be free rice though!

My sister in law only lost if she had minimal/no syns so she saves all hers for one cheeky evening on weigh in day. Although it's more a diet it did work for her (lost over 3 stone now)

we won't lose quick cos we aren't that far really from target so we've just got to endure it :)

My food plan today on success express:
Breakfast - museli (HEB1) and milk (HEBA) berries, banana
Lunch - salad, with prawns and a tiny bit of light light mayo (2 syns)
Afternoon snack - mullerlight
Dinner - Cod and vegetables
Nighttime snack - raspberries

Yours sounds yummy. Let me know how the lamb salad goes please :)

Have a fab Monday xxxx.

Morning Nic!

Glad you still had your roast - v important. I had a lovely weekend thank you, not much looking forward to a week of work though!

Aw I hate sts weeks but better than putting on. Just keep at it and I'm sure you will manage to lose :)

Tbf I think that the amount of pasta you eat per meal will be same portion as if you had it in red plan as I think cos I found it worked out about 1/3 plate anyway :) Big change will be free rice though!

My sister in law only lost if she had minimal/no syns so she saves all hers for one cheeky evening on weigh in day. Although it's more a diet it did work for her (lost over 3 stone now)

we won't lose quick cos we aren't that far really from target so we've just got to endure it :)

My food plan today on success express:
Breakfast - museli (HEB1) and milk (HEBA) berries, banana
Lunch - salad, with prawns and a tiny bit of light light mayo (2 syns)
Afternoon snack - mullerlight
Dinner - Cod and vegetables
Nighttime snack - raspberries

Yours sounds yummy. Let me know how the lamb salad goes please :)

Have a fab Monday xxxx.

Hey Jess,

Just to let you know the lamb salad was lovely! !! Just wish id had more lamb (I cooked for 5 tonight so had to share :/) you must try it :D

Just off for a long walk-I WILL get motivated to exercise! !

Hope you've had a good day

X

Ooh I will try it then :) How was the walk?

My day was okay ty (although i did syn with a skimmed hot chocolate from Costa), hope yours was!

xx

Back