11 weeks to a new me

Sambuca9

Hi all

I started Exante yesterday and it went fine. I didnt feel too hungary and managed to drink just over 2 litres of water. I am hoping I will get used to black coffee, it tastes a bit too bitter for me at the moment.

I have had a difficult few months and am having extensive work on my teeth (or I should say lack of them!) I have my final appointment week at the end of July (yep, a whole 9 days of dental appointments :( ) and it will be finished. This will change my life as I have lost all my self confidence and I know this will change. I want this to be a fresh start for me which is why I want to tackle my weight issue as well. I do not expect to have lost all my weight in the 11 weeks but I certainly expect to have made a large dent in it!

The support on this site seems amazing and I hope you don't mind that I will try and make the most of it over the next few weeks. It really helps reading about everyones experience and knowing the bumps that may happen in the coming days and weeks.

K
xx

Good luck and remember your mantra ;)

Hello :)

You'll get used to the black coffee. I use the vanilla shake to make a few hot vanilla lattes which is quite nice. You'll make a huge dent in 11 weeks. I've lost 2 stone 4 lbs in just under 7 with a whole weekend off plan so it's certainly doable.

The 9 days of dental work will be so worth it if it gives you back your confidence. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your success xxxx

Hello and welcome, like Sarah says the vanilla lattes are very nice. Well worth trying! Good luck on your Exante journey :hug99: xx

Thank you for all your support, Ive had a few hunger pangs today but i just keep sipping the water and it seems to be getting me through day 2. Not had any other side effects yet thankfully!

Kx

Think that's the key to this diet, if ever you feel hungry have some more water! :D

I will keep saying my new mantra - the more I drink the more I shrink! It makes me smile every time I say it, my hubbie thinks Ive gone a bit mad!!!!

K
x

Hi
I hope you do well on this diet! i have never heard of it before! I've been looking at doing slimming world. I tried Lipotrim (think that's what's it's called) But I missed chewing! Lol! Is the Exante just shakes etc or do you get cereal bars too?

And have you tried putting a bit of cold water in with the coffee before you pour in the hot? If your water is boiling then it burns the coffee granules making it taste bitter!!

Good luck hun.

x

Sambuca9 said:
I will keep saying my new mantra - the more I drink the more I shrink! It makes me smile every time I say it, my hubbie thinks Ive gone a bit mad!!!!

K
x

:giggle:

Welcome and here's to the new you :welcome2: I look forward to following your journey :) x

Hi there, congrats on getitng thru the 1st day snap 2day is my 2nd day agree with you there re the coffee not as bad as the 1st time I had it black, its such a strange feleling not actually eating food as such but for me and countless others no doubt taking food out of the equation on total solution I'm hoping will let me find out so much about myself and why food plays such a massive role with my emotions and why I rely on food to get me through situations. Main thing is you your on your way now stay strong were not perfect all we can do is our very best and keep giving each other encouragments whenever we can pretty sure when your teeth are done you will have xtra confidence in yourself aswel too bye for now roll on tomoz day 3 for me ( 2 for you!!!)

Hi there, congrats on getitng thru the 1st day snap 2day is my 2nd day agree with you there re the coffee not as bad as the 1st time I had it black, its such a strange feleling not actually eating food as such but for me and countless others no doubt taking food out of the equation on total solution I'm hoping will let me find out so much about myself and why food plays such a massive role with my emotions and why I rely on food to get me through situations. Main thing is you your on your way now stay strong were not perfect all we can do is our very best and keep giving each other encouragments whenever we can pretty sure when your teeth are done you will have xtra confidence in yourself aswel too bye for now roll on tomoz day 3 for me ( 2 for you!!!)

Hi Jumpinjacks

Well done on your start, I'm on day 3 today and luckily have not had too bad a time compared to some poor souls. Not had much hunger and seem to have avoided the headache so far as well! Im drinking loads but spacing it out through the day which seems to work for me rather than drinking loads at one time (which I understand is the best way!).

I'ts my first day back at work since starting the diet as I wanted a couple of days at home to get used to it so this will probably be a bigger test but I feel really strong and committed.

K
x

Thank you for your lovely comments on my diary and congrats on reaching day 3. :D
I'm sure work will be fine, just hope it won't be too much of a problem nipping to the toilet constantly, lol. I'm lucky that i've been able to do this diet while on Maternity leave, I didn't fancy having to explain to people what I was doing :eek:

Hope it's not too hard for you in work. You've got it sussed now it's just answering the critics that'll be hard. You never know you might get some recruits lol

Thanks for all your lovely comments. First day at work done and it wasn't too bad. I'm fortunate that I have my own office and do not get too many visitors so most people will not know what I'm doing!!! Hope everyone has had a good day.

K
x

Apart from immediate family and my best friend nobody knows I'm on this diet.

If anyone asks I'll say I'm just eating healthier and watching my portion sizes! ;)

Hi Giggle

Only my hubbie and my friend know so far, not becuase I am embarressed or worried about their reaction, i know I would feel pressured if other people know and start asking me about it so I am happy to wait and see for the time being.

K
x

What makes me hesitant about being open about this diet, is the reaction one of the women at work got for saying she was thinking of going on the LL diet.

The amount of people that told her it was unhealthy to follow a vlcd was unbelievable.

I don't hear those same people telling her it's unhealthy to over-eat and survive on junk food/take-aways!

Back