12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

Are u using 2 eggs per cake mould? Or 2 for the entire recipe shared out into 2 moulds?
Cos I don't think I'd have enough for 2 moulds mine are very similar to yours but small squares
I really don't know why min e are so different .

christmasfairy1 said:
Are u using 2 eggs per cake mould? Or 2 for the entire recipe shared out into 2 moulds?
Cos I don't think I'd have enough for 2 moulds mine are very similar to yours but small squares
I really don't know why min e are so different .

2 Eggs for the whole recipe. I tried to show how far thy reach on the mounds but don't think i did a good job x

christmasfairy1 said:
What area are u in ? Lol will bring u the ingredients and you can make mine for me , save me the humiliation lol

Haha. Near Manchester. Its so quick to make also that's why i love ot x

That is a big piece of cake!!..:)..you give the meaning of having your cake and eating it a whole new meaning...Thanks for this..I love something sweet with my tea..

alfsmummy11 said:
2 Eggs for the whole recipe. I tried to show how far thy reach on the mounds but don't think i did a good job x

Am making this now! Is 2 eggs or 3 better for ur new recipe?? Plus I'm using only half ounce of sweetener and half ounce sugar and an ounce each looked too much. Will that be ok???

Kieragh1515 said:
Am making this now! Is 2 eggs or 3 better for ur new recipe?? Plus I'm using only half ounce of sweetener and half ounce sugar and an ounce each looked too much. Will that be ok???

I would stick to the ounce of each looks loads but for taste defo do. Just use 2 eggs mine was fine x

And here's a pic for a laugh lol!! Where did it all go wrong...

Attachments

• image-1369669800.jpg
    image-1369669800.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 119
Ive just made this...at last a proper tasting cake!!!

Thank you its lovely! See photo :D

Attachments

• DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 163
mia_angel said:
Ive just made this...at last a proper tasting cake!!!

Thank you its lovely! See photo :D

Oh rub it in lol! Looks fantastic!

How long did u cream sugar and marg together for? Did u fold flour in or whisk it & for how long? I'd really love to get this right.

(plus which one of the recipes did u use??) thanks :)

with the original recipe it looks like mia angels cake, i made it and loved it! but with the other one mine turned out like yours kieragh! :( xxx

Hey girls!

I used the original recipe, maybe needs a bit more sweetner but its great.....i whisked everything together, eggs, sweetner, flour, baking powder, essence and thats how it turned out.

yeah the one at the start of the thread, mine came out just like mia angels, and was yum. xx

Back