12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

It's probably to do with different types of oven. A fan/gas/electrical oven won't interact with the ingredients in the same way, and that's why you're getting different results. It usually doesn't matter if it's a fan/gas/electrical oven but since this mixture is mostly eggs, you'll see the difference.

Hope this helps :)

happyhealthy said:
It's probably to do with different types of oven. A fan/gas/electrical oven won't interact with the ingredients in the same way, and that's why you're getting different results. It usually doesn't matter if it's a fan/gas/electrical oven but since this mixture is mostly eggs, you'll see the difference.

Hope this helps :)

Ahhh the mystery is solved. Thank you. Mine is electric fanned over xx

alfsmummy11 said:
Ahhh the mystery is solved. Thank you. Mine is electric fanned over xx

I don't know if this helps - an Electric Fan - or fan assisted usually needs to be set at 30 degrees cooler than normal centigrade electric ovens and around 10-20 minutes less. Items can be placed anywhere in the oven . Fan assisted also dries out foods cooking.

In an Electric oven each level is a slightly different heat setting as there is no fan and generally recipes don't require adjustments for this, but you need to know your oven well.

HTH

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
I don't know if this helps - an Electric Fan - or fan assisted usually needs to be set at 30 degrees cooler than normal centigrade electric ovens and around 10-20 minutes less. Items can be placed anywhere in the oven . Fan assisted also dries out foods cooking.

In an Electric oven each level is a slightly different heat setting as there is no fan and generally recipes don't require adjustments for this, but you need to know your oven well.

HTH

Kx

I agree i defo know my oven but if i cook at my mums it gos wrong lol. Thanks xx

damn these confusing ovens! glad the mystery is solved now tho, but gutted i cant make that one. at least the first ones good so can still have that :) xxx

juicygooseface said:
damn these confusing ovens! glad the mystery is solved now tho, but gutted i cant make that one. at least the first ones good so can still have that :) xxx

Sure the second one is higher in syns isn't it? Made cupcakes outta first recipe, made 12 big ones and 10 mini ones, worked perfectly! Would put a bit more sweetener in next time though x

alfsmummy11 said:
Ive just done it but its come to 20 syns hope it tastes nicer than the original.

2 Ounce Sr flour
1 Ounce low fat marg
1 Ounce sugar 1 ounce Sweetner
3 Eggs
Vanilla essence.

In the oven now so lets see xx

Yep 20. syns with recipe x

Mine is also a fan assisted oven:-/ I really don't havea prob making normal food in fact im not too bad at cooking at all but these flipping sw cakes have really got me beat in fact most adapted recipes vie come across have been a bit disasterous mAde smash pizza that was horrid made carbonara that was too my cakes got filed under r for rubbish in the bin and I can not get Sw chips right grrrrrr in fact the only thing I have down to a tea is the lemon and lime terrine
Lol it's really annoyed me that it's got the better of me

christmasfairy1 said:
Mine is also a fan assisted oven:-/ I really don't havea prob making normal food in fact im not too bad at cooking at all but these flipping sw cakes have really got me beat in fact most adapted recipes vie come across have been a bit disasterous mAde smash pizza that was horrid made carbonara that was too my cakes got filed under r for rubbish in the bin and I can not get Sw chips right grrrrrr in fact the only thing I have down to a tea is the lemon and lime terrine
Lol it's really annoyed me that it's got the better of me

Try my Swiss roll and see if that works??
Take some photos at each stage and post ?

Might be able to help you by looking

It is just the same as making a real Swiss roll- just make sure your food mixer whisks it for 10 mins and that the flour is properly folded in- tilt bowl and stir from bottom

Good luck

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/202235-swiss-roll-14-syns-filling.html#post3421075
Kx

I made a chocolate version 1 oz flour 1 oz coco powder, no baking powder. Used 1 chocolate options with quark for filling and sliced blackberries in the centre, It was yummy!! xxxx

Janeasetler said:
I made a chocolate version 1 oz flour 1 oz coco powder, no baking powder. Used 1 chocolate options with quark for filling and sliced blackberries in the centre, It was yummy!! xxxx

Mmmmmmmm apart from Quark. Ekkkkk. How much eggs n sugar x

Sorry if this has already been asked, are the syns (original recipe) same if you use 1oz flour, 1oz cocoa powder?

With a tbsp of Nutella spread..how many syns?

this one is 33 syns. Split into 8 good size slices. With real chocolate buttercream. Mmmmmmmm. Is lush a lovely afternoon treat xx

Attachments

• 2011-04-11 14.19.54.jpg
    2011-04-11 14.19.54.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 2011-04-11 14.39.02.jpg
    2011-04-11 14.39.02.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 94
Just discovered this thread. I have never made a cake before, but i love my baked goods more than chocolate! So will certainly be giving this a go!

Back