12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

Mmmmmmmm apart from Quark. Ekkkkk. How much eggs n sugar x

Quark wasn't so bad with the chocolate options mixed in it.

For the sponge base I followed the recipe here. 6 eggs and 6 tbsp splenda.
The blackberries were sliced so juices flowed into the sponge.

xxx

This was my cake and very yummy it was too x

Attachments

• image-4001705284.jpg
    image-4001705284.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 135
12 syns sponge cake :)

Hi have made this cake today and it is indeed yummy!!! Thanks Mrs V.
1 question is the cake 10 syns without the Jam? :confused: Would like to try different fillings :)

MEG x

I made the original recipe yesterday but used 16 tbsp of canderel and added a few drops of lemon extract as well as the vanilla and it tasted really nice. I didn't fill it so it was only 1.5 syns for 1/6th of the cake and I served it with a scoop of wall's soft scoop light vanilla ice cream which made it 4.5 syns for the whole dessert. Think I'll try making an arctic roll or an ice cream gateaux next time with some fresh fruit on top :eating: Oh I have a fan oven and baked mine at 180c for exactly 11 minutes and it was perfect :)

This may have been answered already.. But if I made a chocolate version of this how much coco powder would I use and how many syns would the mixture be? Ive only been doing SW for a couple of weeks so figuring out syns is hard enough! Hopefully someone has already done a chocolate one and can advise! I was just gonna do a basic sponge without filling.. Sorry if I'm being cheeky asking someone else to figure it out for me!! :)

Just made a lemon (12 syn recipe) cake. Ok. Don't look as good as Keiraghs! Lol but I don't really like fruit in cakes. It was quite nice ... But I prefer the choccy version.... In cupcake form. HOWEVERRRRR!!! I have now been introduced to QUARK! Fab for cakes!! Don't taste 'cheesy' at all when sweetener and flavourings are in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-470017390.jpg
    image-470017390.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 109
I love quark too.

When you make your lemon cake try this:

Squeeze fresh lemon juice mix in splenda (taste, it should be tangy and sweet) then sprinkle with you fingers on the sponge while it's cooling.

It makes the sponge sooooooo lemony and fresh. This will be the best thing you ever do!!!!!

Your gonna love me for this one!!!!!!
:)

Janeasetler said:
I love quark too.

When you make your lemon cake try this:

Squeeze fresh lemon juice mix in splenda (taste, it should be tangy and sweet) then sprinkle with you fingers on the sponge while it's cooling.

It makes the sponge sooooooo lemony and fresh. This will be the best thing you ever do!!!!!

Your gonna love me for this one!!!!!!
:)

Will try it next time n let you know :)

Anniewillo said:
Just made a lemon (12 syn recipe) cake. Ok. Don't look as good as Keiraghs! Lol but I don't really like fruit in cakes. It was quite nice ... But I prefer the choccy version.... In cupcake form. HOWEVERRRRR!!! I have now been introduced to QUARK! Fab for cakes!! Don't taste 'cheesy' at all when sweetener and flavourings are in.

How do u do the quark filling? Made another cake yesterday but haven't filled it yet? :)

Kieragh1515 said:
How do u do the quark filling? Made another cake yesterday but haven't filled it yet? :)

Half a tub of quark. 5 tablespoons of splendor and a teaspoon of lemon essence (or I suppose squeezin a lemon would do it. ) I whisked it and SLAPPED IT ON!! lol

Kieragh1515 said:
Tried lemon quark filling, spew. Tasted foul. Any other ideas for the quark?

Ummmm I've read about throwing a
White chocky options in (and I should imagine some Splendor ) dunno if it would work with a lemon cake tho !

if u use quark and white choc options u dont need 2 add any sweetener its really sweet already :) xxxx

Could add mashed ripe bananas and make a banana loaf :D

Back