1200 calories! Will it work?

teetiefunk said:
it defo explains it a lot better on the mfp forum.

Which part is this forum in?! Thanks :) x

teetiefunk said:
no wonder your losses have slowed...your body is protesting and went into starvation mode. I would never ever eat below my BMR...I want to keep as much lean muscle mass as possible.

I've only recently started cc bc doing Sw had slowed too! So I dunno now I'm stuck and baffled hey ;) x

its on my fitness pal forums they are really clued up over there

Confused as I thought you are allowed up to 1000 cals off your BMR x 1.2/1.75 etc.

Im trying to up cal intake a bit but have no idea what some of the home cooked stuff I do contains cals wise - it's a very rough guess and could be out by 200 cals lol!

Your BMR is the calories you require to carry out basic body functions and keep your organs going. You then get a daily calorie requirement based on your stats/activity level which is considerably higher. This is the figure you deduct the 500/day cals from to enable you to lose 1lb a week and get your net calorie figure. Mine read something like this:

BMR 1944
DCR 2544
Net Cals 1860

So I am eating just a fraction under my BMR really.

HTH

So if you ate 1344 you'd lose 2 pounds a week?

My BMR is 1706.55.
To maintain Sedentary is 2094
To maintain light activity is 2345.79

So the days I exercise - I can eat 1345 and the days I dont I eat 1094 to lose 2 pounds a week (obvs 1094 too low so that would be 1200).

On reflection I think I have that completely wrong lol.

Where it all goes pear shaped is what they call sedentary and what we call sedentary lol. But yes in theory your calculations are right according to the rules.

The amount I lose varies each week but on the 1860 cals it averages out to around 1.75lbs/week over a month. I've also been eating that amount of calories since I began last February and haven't adjusted them downwards at all. Flaw in the calculations somewhere lol

Back