12stone to lose and hopeless at dieting

Hello,
I'm looking for some help and some advice. I have an awful lot of weight to lose and i've been trying unsuccessfully for years on numerous diets and never gotten past the first stone before I give up/move on.
My 2 main problems are my binge eating which I feel I have no control over and my head, I think somewhere in my brain I sabotage myself, I don't really understand why but I am a little afraid to lose weight, like I'll have no excuses not to do things.
I've lost a few pounds with weight watchers but I don't really like having to work all the points out but I don't no what I should do for the best really.
I need to do something I'm fast approaching 30, i'm childless, my parents are in another country, i'm too large to get on a plane to visit them and i'm miserable.

Hiya,
I am new to the site too. I read your post and felt I had to reply to you.
I too need to loose alot of weight and the prospect of all that depresses me too.
I have tried weightwatchers (failed for me) and Slimming World, which I did find worked fairly well, but as always, I put it back on when I stopped.
Now I am trying something new, although something 'old fashioned' in some ways. Rosemary Conley. It all boils down to calories and fat content. Simple as that. It is just a case of putting less in that what you need. I am about to start week 3. Its going pretty well. Its hard to say what I have lost in Ib's as I have had some issues with my scales, but I can tell you I have lost 13 inches over my body.
A couple of things that might help you to focus.....try to think of it as a 'healthy way to eat' as opposed to a DIET. It should be a lifestyle, not a punishment. SOme of these low fat foods taste really very nice.
Also, make a list of benifits for you, from loosing weight. They might help you focus when you are having a bad day. It might be, looking better, feeling better, better health, brghter skin,etc etc. On my list I have, can wear shorts, feel confortable and also, fit in plane seats ok and sit on patioo furniture....true! Eating healthily doesnt mean never having your favourite burger or take-away again. It means you have it occasionally rather than every friday religiously like me. My favourite Domino's pizza has 2000 cals in it. No wonder I look the way I do.
With Rosemary Conley, you can also buy pre-prepared foods which will take the hardowrk out of it for you. I would recomment looking into it. I am following the GI Jeans Diet, only because its low GI, which seems to be a really sensible way of eating.
I am 35, not far from your age. I have always been big. I dont know what it is like to go out with a shortsleeved top on and look 'normal'. I want to be able to look 'normal' and fit in. I want to be able to wear a skirt without comfort shorts under it. YOu can do it and you will do it. You don't have to go to a group, you can do it online along with a little support.
Believe in yourself, and have courage to go for it. Think how proud of yourself you will be.
Go for it, there is nothing to loose except Ib's
;) xxx

Why do you want to lose weight?

What do you love to eat?

What do you hate to eat?

Let's do this hey? :) one day at a time, one meal at a time.

Hey :) I'm sure you can do it. Think about why you want to be slim and what kind of things you'd like to do when you get there that you can't do now. Write them on a piece of paper and stick it on your fridge. We're all here for the same reason and I'm sure if you look through the forums you might find a diet that suits you. I hope you find a way :) how about Slimming World? I don't think there's too much counting on that? X

Think about why you want to be slim and what kind of things you'd like to do when you get there that you can't do now. Write them on a piece of paper and stick it on your fridge.

Great idea!!! x

Back