12th week result

RachyRoo

Sooooo, I did manage to hit the 2 stone mark on week 12!!

Then, I went away for Easter and ate EVERYTHING! So I am now at 27 lbs again, having put two back on :sigh:

However, v good yesterday and today so am hoping that I get back to 28 lbs lost by Saturday. We'll see....

Did you all have good Easters and avoid those chocolatey, gooey eggs??

Hi RachyRoo
I managed to hit the 2 stone lost mark also on Saturday but I've had relatives staying over the weekend so have been out to dinner, had some bits of others' Easter eggs, had some chocolate cake and some sticky toffee pudding even! Plus quite a few glasses of wine! So I am resigned to the fact I've probably put on a couple of pounds this week but actually this time I feel quite relaxed about that as I know I'm back on track as far as eating and exercise goes. So while it was nice relaxing my regimen for 4-5 days, I now feel like I want to get back to Diet Chef and continue the weight loss. I think this is more reflective of real life as there will be times we want to let go a bit but then we know we can get things back in hand so I'm feeling more confident this time about being able to get the weight off and keep it off in the future.

it's so great to hear how relaxed you are about taking a few days off the diet to enjoy yourselves knowing you will get back on the regimen and continue losing.

So much healthier than obsessing and stressing about it and then ending out eating even more!!

it's so great to hear how relaxed you are about taking a few days off the diet to enjoy yourselves knowing you will get back on the regimen and continue losing.

So much healthier than obsessing and stressing about it and then ending out eating even more!!

I whole heartedly agree and hope that at some point in the future I can be so relaxed about it all. Well done on your weight loss, it is fantastic!

HX

Yeah - a few days off was great!! But then it was almost a relief to get back to DC again, and not feel so bloated. Maybe this is how naturally slim people have felt all their lives?!

I agree RachyRoo. I think I've been more relaxed about this week because I'm so far away from my starting point. I might not have been so relaxed if I hadn't lost as much weight already as I might be afraid of slipping back - but now I'm confident about continuing to go forward so it doesn't worry me. And it's made me really appreciate last week but I don't want to eat like that every week .. heck, I can't even believe I'm thinking like that! :)

Totally. Seeing a kilo up on the scales doesn't freak me out, cos for practically the first time in my life I feel in control of when I take that same kilo off again. I think I used to feel almost a victim of my weight, like it was some omnipotent thing I had no control over. And if nothing else, DC has shown me that I can lose weight!
Ideally I prob have another 2 stone to go, but now I don't mind if that takes a lot longer. By autumn it would be great to have done it, but now I know there will be periods off loss, and periods of consolidation, both of which I can enjoy!

Well, today (weigh-in day) I've gained 0.4lb which I think is surprising given what I've eaten this week! So that's fine and better than I expected. I agree with you RachyRoo and I think you put it well by saying you know you are now in control of your weight and you know you can take weight off now - I feel like that too now. I am travelling on business for a few days this coming week so I will take my breakfast and snacks as usual. My next goal is to pass the 11st mark into the 10 stone something area .... so another 6+lbs to go for that to happen. Bring it on :)

Have a good weekend everyone.

RachyRoo said:
But then it was almost a relief to get back to DC again, and not feel so bloated. Maybe this is how naturally slim people have felt all their lives?!

I do wonder if this is how others stay slim. It shocks me how little my slim friends eat as I sit there and work through a trough.

I've also started working out where it all went wrong and can see that when I changed jobs a few years, I stopped the exercise but kept eating the same amount. I am hoping to get back to the fit size 12 that I used to be

Hx

Back