13 stone lighter now running 2 marathons

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Guinness_tester, 27 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Guinness_tester

Guinness_tester Full Member

Hi Everyone,
    I said I would be back nearer the time, well its now!!!
    After losing over 13 stone on Cambridge, coming runner up in slimmer of the year 2007 and appearing in the Sun newspaper I needed a new challenge!! Well I have entered 2 marathons this year!! the first on 2 March 2008 is in Reading and is a half marathon, the second in May is in Halstead Essex and is the full monty 26 miles!!
    Training is going well, I run over 30 miles per week at the moment and feel confident.
    I am now looking to raise some money for the hospital ward where my sisters little one died aged 6 months (very sad for the whole family)
    Please see my just giving page for the details and to pledge any amount,all donations will be appreciated
    There is also a link from the justgiving page to my Blog and the Sun newspaper article featuring my wife and I losing over 21 stone between us.
    Justgiving - Alan Parsons's Fundraising Page

Thankyou in advance
    Best Wishes
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

There we go, i've pledged! Had to considering you are the reason i started CD!

Good luck, and what a brilliant cause :D
  4. Guinness_tester

Thankyou.... Thankyou

Thanks a million, you are so kind
    made my day!!
    blue_grapefruit likes this.
  5. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Good Luck Alan!!

You have been such an inspiration - I read and read AND read your blog!! Make sure you let us kjnow how you get on!!

Kj xxx
  6. spooky

spooky Banned

I have also added some money for you

Good luck!
  7. milkybar

milkybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    omg 13 stone thats amazing but can i ask if you was runner up how much did slimmer of the year loose
  8. Guinness_tester

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your kind donations to my chosen charity, it is very kind of you all and very very much appreciated
    Best Wishes
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.