13 stone something to 12 stone something

No need to be sorry lol! Just didn't think I mentioned surgery on this bit but dosent matter. No I hot to the point where if I continued eating I was going to be in the a&e every week. So I started a total food replacement to see if I could just have that to keep me out of a&e. It just gave me the adder bonus if loosing a lot of weight.

I hopped on the scales today.
13st 6lbs. Well no surprise really as water weight and such from being back on food. My goal is 11st or there abouts by the end of march next year. Really 10st 9lbs is preferred but hey just a number!

Similar goals to me. Actually you didn't mention the op on this one I think I'd just read a post on another one and then read that one so totally illogically I asked . Strange I know :)

My BMI says I need to be 10:7 to be perfect but I think I'm looking more for 11 ish in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Similar goals to me. Actually you didn't mention the op on this one I think I'd just read a post on another one and then read that one so totally illogically I asked . Strange I know :)

My BMI says I need to be 10:7 to be perfect but I think I'm looking more for 11 ish in reality.

Ahhh hehe just threw me off a bit :) I'm happy to have a goal buddy. 11st is probably spot on target for me maybe a bit lower. On the exante part of the forum a lot are there for a quick fix then give up within a month. Seems like a lot of the cal counters are here longer term. It's always nice on these kind of things helps keel you accountable haha

It should I agree but it's a head thing really. Until your head rules your heart and you accept that we have a tendency to be fat so therefore you have to find something that is sustainable for life albeit slower you'll never stay thin. So I'm happy. I lose weight slowly but I'm 5 ft7 I'm a size 14/16. And believe or not I discovered am hourglass figure under my fat :) if I never lose more weight I'm content at this size as long as it doesn't go back on but I'd be really pleased if I could lose 1 to 1 1/2 stone more to be 12 stone and a size 12/14. I'm 44 and not 18 any longer so I feel I need to be realistic about this

Boy that was war and peace. Sorry

Heh, so right. It is learning to live with life and moderation. It isn't ok to lose a whole bunch of weight on a food replacement then the day after scoff 10 chocolate bars. Though i ate a ton of crackers and dried fruit i realized i was wrong and started again today. Today i only went like 20 cals over and i'm very pleased about that. It just learning what right and what's wrong after something like a food replacement. I didn't have a choice it was a replacement or dry rice everyday. It didn't hurt me in anyway to lose the weight so i'm not complaining. I just feel bad that a lot of people just use them as a quick fix and never really learn the lesson of why they are heavy in the first place. I am happy to slow down in my weight loss as much as id love to be to goal by March i know that it may not happen due to all the partying that will happen in the next 2 months. I have learned to have a health relationship with food. I am learning to eat a lot of good stuff and little of the bad to get a happy medium that pleases my mind and body.

Oh I didn't mean that as a criticism of you :( it's just on here (and out) you see it happen so often that people do it because they're impatient to lose the weight. It didn't go on overnight so it stands to reason it's not going to come off overnight.

How is your head coping? So many vlcd don't look at the whys? Etc of personal weight gain. I've also realised so many people don't understand the make up of food nutritionally and how it works in our bodies. You read posts on minis and mfp about how they've eaten mc d's, biscuits cakes Etc but they've stayed within their allowance. But they've not fed their body the nutrients it needs so its not going to work long term.
If moderation is a problem. I've got a great book that is basically photographs if food at different portion sizes. It's called Carbs, cals, protein and fat. It's brilliant just for looking at. It makes you think about what you put on your plate. And the difference if you add an extra tiny bit. There's also a website of the same name as well. It might be worth looking at.

Last edited:
I didn't take it as a criticism and I fully agree. I've been watching it happen on here for the last 7 months. It's sad but if they can't learn the lesson its their own problem.

I'm copeing for the moment I still.have the food replacement as the list of foods I can eat are small and theres no way I could fill a whole days worth of food without them. I know what my issues are emotional eating is a big thing but also once I hot married and had a kid my diet was good but I just maintained where I was. When I was living on my own in America all I ate was take out as I was so busy with school and work I didn't care. Moving to the uk is the best thing I ever did for my health.

Moderation is a huge issue with me. I can't be left alone with a tub of ice cream or I will eat it all in one sitting. Carbs used to be my issue but looking at it I can have a single serving of rice and double my veg and have the same amount of food.

Ive seen that on some diarys and was surprised seems a bit silly. I can understand once a week to do something with the family whatever but every day is ridiculous.

I'll have a look at that book/website

Hey guys joining u for a while. 13st 10.5 x

toofatkat said:
... It's called Carbs, cals, protein and fat. It's brilliant just for looking at. It makes you think about what you put on your plate. And the difference if you add an extra tiny bit. There's also a website of the same name as well. It might be worth looking at.

Looked at the book and website I've added it to my amazon wish list may get it next time I order from amazon.

Welcome love handles :) great name.

13st6 now guys and girlies'

Woo :-D

Yehh :) I'm hoping to be in the twelves by next Sunday! I've got a mini goal to be 12st7 by the 15th November! When I go to Florida haha

X

Well done. How on earth do you plan on losing 6lb in one week?!

Back