13 weeks diet

13weeks

I have decided to keep a diary here to help me stick to my plan.

I am commiting to a diet for 13 weeks, hence the name, and I started it last week on 4th Jan.

I weighed 13st 3lb on Wednesday morning, and I am following a calorie counted diet, but low carb as well as I am diabetic, so need to keep starches under control.

Im working on around 1000 calories a day. I hope to get down to 10st 7lb, but where i end up isnt so important as sticking to this plan for the time I have set myself.

So far, its been easier than I expected, especially after all the food consumed over christmas. Ive been making home made veg soup to fill up on and eating fruit and salads with some chicken or ham. I do put a bit of home made dressing on the salad, as I really enjoy that, I know its a few more calories but im within my 1000 limit so all is good.

So ive now completed day5 of week 1, and have stuck rigidly to the plan despite the mounds of christmas chocs around the house.

So far so good.

funny-pictures-kitteh-warmers.jpg

Last edited:
Keep it up, I waited until after I had eaten all of the christmas chocs, probably not the best idea.
Good Luck

Cant wait for the morning and week 1 weigh in. Even better only 12 weeks to go. Think I have done good this week, some days were easier than others.

I watched an old 4od of Atkins diet and now i feel hungry. I dont even like atkins diet.

crusgedmice.jpg

Last edited:
danshappy.jpg
Not sure what happened to my earlier post, for some reason it has dissapeared. I lost 7lb in week 1, now on week 2 and 12 weeks to go!

Last edited:
Still going good, i got on the scales this morning although i should keep off them! but i suddenly feel thinner. Scales say 12st 5lb. Must be fluid loss though, as thats 12lbs in 10 days, so it might go up again.
Keeping focussed on the diet, eating lots of salad and making homemade soups. Its all delicious but it isnt cake is it......

lickinfood.jpg

Last edited:
yes 12lbs in 10 days is a lot which is why i think its more to do with fluid retention loss, than actual weight loss. The next few days will tell though, so fingers crossed it stays off.

Major major stress at work today had me walking out before lunchtime. Grrrrrrrr.......

I had a desperate urge to eat carbs when i left, Mcd on my way home beckoned and i could taste it before i even got there. I didnt though, im not gonna let a bad day ruin the one thing im doing well at the moment.

Weght this morning was 12.5, same as it dropped down to end of last week, but good that it has stayed there. 12lb off in 2 weeks, pretty good going.

funny-pictures-ctrl-alt-meow.jpg

Back