13 weeks to go!! Rosemary Conley and Tae Bo!!

Not so good today - haven't been able to fit any exercise in. Not an excuse, I've been rushed off my feet all day. Was out all day, didn't get in until 6pm after taking my dad to appointments (not long had a knee op), us all meeting my mum on her lunch hour, and spending a couple of hours finishing off wedding invites with my dad and sisters help (had a production line going to make them all!). Obviously since I've been home we've sorted out dinner, I've got baby ready for bed, fed her, done washing and other housework. It's now gone 10pm and I won't be exercising now. Still got to do the washing up, sterilise bottles and get ready to go out first thing to take my Dad to physio.

On the plus side, being this busy means I have had no time to eat anything besides my breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!

Hey hun :) I think u did very well with it being such a busy day!! Don't worry about th exercise, missin it once isn't going to Hurt :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well another day and no time to exercise-not even eaten my dinner yet (it's 10:30pm!!)! Got a low fat ready meal whirling round the microwave as we speak!

So busy at the moment its ridiculous! Between baby, housework, taking my dad places, arranging a wedding, sorting out training for my other house, and all the other little jobs that crop up, my feet haven't touched the floor in ages!
Won't be fitting in any exercise this weekend either - getting up early tomorrow to go and stay at relatives - eating lunch out tomorrow, at a party tomorrow night (dreaded buffet food!), and we will more than likely eat out Sunday as well as we are at mother-in-laws!
So leaving the house by 12 midday tomorrow (still need to pack, wrap presents etc), and we'll be lucky if we are in by 8pm on Sunday, when I will then probably need to sort out more washing etc!!

SO..........being realistic I won't be exercising until Monday next week. Fairly busy again from Wednesday onwards, but I shall make sure that I fit in some exercise, even if it is just 30mins a day. Have got the Jillian Michaels 30day shred as well now. Not sure whether to try and do that every day, or be a little more realistic and alternate that with doing cardio? Will give the 30 day shred a go on monday and see how it makes me feel. Would like to try and do that every day as well as some cardio to be honest (less than 12 weeks to go!!), but that all depends on how knackered it makes me, and what else I have got to do that day. on the rare days that I am home all day there is no reason why I can't do 1hrs exercise.

Famous last words.....

Well tbh hun, your probably doing more exercise runnin round on your feet all day than the DVD for 30 Mins so don't worry about it!!

Hope it doesn't get to hectic and you manage to get a moment to relax!!! Xxx

I'm not too worried about it. I've lost 2.5lbs since Monday, yet I've only exercised once! Well the dedicated exercise that gets you in a sweat. I've been on the go quite a lot which is better than just sitting on my bum!

Haven't been too bad today. Had macaroni cheese for lunch but it was a small portion. Not too much pasta and it was like melted grated cheese on top instead of a cheese sauce! Didn't have pudding or wine. Been at a party this evening and haven't touched too much buffet food. Had the smallest slither of carrot cake and found it too sickly - not used to so much sugar now!

Going out for dinner tomorrow but think that will be a carvery (if we can get in). Easy to be good with that! :)

X

It's them press ups that are the killer. I'd struggle to lift a baby after them :)

2.5 lbs congrats :) your doing really well.

I don't find the press ups too bad so far-its the squats for me! Lol

So yesterday I was good and even though I was busy all day I still exercised. Managed to fit it in gone 7pm, which I am pleased about as another day I'd have said forget it!

Disappointed about today though. Was out all day so didn't have a chance! Baby played up last night so we slept in this morning-no time before we went out. Then we got in gone 11 tonight and I thought I'd do a quick half hr then, but no. Baby plays up again and doesn't give in till quarter to 1!

Will try and exercise twice tomorrow, though I might not be mad enough to do a jillian workout twice in one day! Might do 30 day shred and taebo or interval training on the exercise bike!

Today hasn't been great. Haven't done the 30 day shred yet again! I was out all day doing wedding stuff, meeting the wedding co-ordinator at the reception venue, then went shopping for jewellery, head-dresses and shoes. All was going well there. Loved my shoes and everything.
Then I get home and my OH gives me bad news about his job (they are really mucking him about-have already cut his hours and therefore wages, and now they want him to take unpaid days off with no notice - aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!)
Anyway - I was well pee'd off, and to prevent me blowing a fuse and taking it out on OH, I decided to lock myself away in the kitchen and have a good clear out.

So - only just came out of the kitchen (and calmed down slightly). Nearly midnight so its too late to start exercising now. Especially when I don't know how much sleep I am going to get before LO wakes up.

So disappointed with myself for not sticking to my 30 day shred plan :(
I'm going to start again tomorrow, and I WILL do it for 30 consecutive days!
So 30 day shred as an absolutely minimum, and I will try to add in a bit more cardio as well when I can, in the form of TaeBo and interval training.

10 weeks, and 6 days to go :(

Would be so easy to wallow in a kilo of chocolate right now! :(

Must plan my days better - ending up exercising between 10:40-11:10pm!! way too late but I was determined not to miss it again! Glad I did it though!

So weigh in this morning, I lost 1.5lbs this week. Not the best, but at least its going in the right direction!

10 weeks to go now!!! eek! really got to knuckle down and do this!! If I carry on losing an average of 2lbs a week I will get down to 12st 13.5 by my fitting. which is fine, my dress will fit. but I would rather lose more if I can. If I can do 3.5lbs a week, I should get down to 11st 12.5 - much better - might even be able to push that down to 11st 7 so that my BMI is less than 30. Would rather be an overweight bride than an obese one! lol

Hey Hun! Well done on ur losses and the exercise! Don't worry about everyday with the shred. I know u want too but life gets in the way sometimes, don't be hard on urself :)

Sorry to hear about OH's job, what a nightmare ! My oh has had no work since mid dec, Duno how where managing!!!

Ooohhhh so close now! Ur goals look achievable yayyy u can do it!!

Im having to go back to a vlcd for a while! I went docs last week about my belly, and even after losing 5 stone and being a stone away from a healthy Bmi I have way too much lower belly fat and was basically told there's no hope :(
So hoping to shift a stone and see if it makes a difference!!! Xxx

Last edited:
Yes - life certainly gets in the way sometimes!!

OH came home today to say he has now been laid off - was given his one weeks notice. Wonderful!!
I know its bad of me, and I am so lacking in willpower, but for today I am off the diet and exercise (though strictly just for one day!) With me just being on SMP, and my OH now being made redundant, I am now super worried and majorly stressed, and in desperate need of alcohol, chocolate and high fat foods!!

I haven't done the shred today - started off the day trying to catch up with housework, then we've had news of my OH's redundancy on top of a teething baby who wants her mummy the whole time she is awake, I haven't had time. Said baby has just started to drift off to sleep, but to be honest, I cannot be bothered right now!! Will give myself today off and make up for it tomorrow. Might do a bit of TaeBo or cardio boxing on the Wii as well as the 30 day shred - might help me to release some tension!!
I had wanted to book myself on an exercise course that runs up until our wedding, but I guess I won't be doing that now!!

I'm confused - why did the Dr say there was basically no hope? Hopefully if you lose a bit more weight you will start to feel happier about your belly.Have you tried toning exercises? I have a feeling I'm not going to be very happy with my belly once I've lost the weight. I've already got some excess skin there from where I had my daughter. Though I am going to keep that in perspective and try to just be happy with the tummy being flatter. I have got a rather hideous roll on fat between my breasts and belly button that I am dying to get rid of!!!

What VLCD are you going on? Have you done it before? I'm beginning to wonder whether I should go on one for a couple of weeks to help me out, but I've read a lot of bad things about them!
How did you lose your 5 stone Stef - which diet? xXx

Hey hun big hugs xxxx

It's such a nightmare, you should ring the job centre, tax credits and your council to see what benefits ur entitled too, I understand the stress and worry I've had to go through this all the time with OH being self employed its crap! You will get sorted though xxxx

A day off sounds like what is needed!!! Anyway a day off now and then boosts ur metabolism so will do you good :)

Basically no hope because there is a huge amount of belly fat and I'm only a stone away to enter my healthy Bmi, I havt even started to get loose skin there yet even after 5 stone LOL so no hope that te belly fat will go unless it's surgically removed, so gonna do my damn best to get it as small as poss, I probably have perfect abs under all that fat haha!

It's slim and save, I did it before for 10 weeks, lost a stone on my own, 3 with slim and save and 1 with Atkins. Hmmm vlcds have been frown upon for a long time but now doctors seem to be recommending them! I don't believe ppl should stay on it for months and months, well I wouldn't anyway, but every now and again there isn't any harm :) its just very hard to do! Atkins is a great diet and gives brilliant results :) xxxx

hey Stef - we did that over christmas when he was last technically laid off (although he had another job lined up he had to register as unemployed at the jobcentre to make sure he can get his redundancy money as its going through official receiver). From the initial forms we filled out (so in depth it took me 3hrs!) they reckon we are entitled to nothing! Because of the financial year that they base his contributions on (when OH was between perm jobs and doing perm work for the first 8 months, then worked 50hrs a week for last 4!) they say he didn't make enough national insurance contributions to qualify for JSA! I'm sure if we had to take it further they'd either put him on income-based JSA or income support, as I'm sure they'd realise that we cannot live on my £135 a week maternity pay! we should then also get help with mortgage, rent (on shared ownership) and council tax, but to be honest I'd rather not claim anything! They make it so damn hard to get any kind of help!

Luckily OH called agency today (the last one he was signed up for that before he got a perm job) and they say they have got some temp work on their books that they can sort him out with. got to take his ID and P45 down there tomorrow, so hopefully he won't be completely out of work for too long! Thank god - as much as I love him I don't think I want him home with me 24/7! lol

It sucks that you have to go through this all of the time-I don't think I could cope with that! I like to know exactly what is coming in and out all the time-have several spreadsheets that I update throughout the month! haha

That is really strange that you haven't lost much from your belly after all the weight that you have lost! I find that is one of the first places to lose inches-its hardest to get it to shift from my hips, bum and thighs (unfortunate, as that is where I really need to lose it from to fit into my wedding dress!).

Hhhhmmmm I might see how I get on in the next week - will stick to my calories but try to up my exercise. If I don't lose as much weight as I want to I might try a VLCD or the 5/2 diet.
The day off the diet was fine for me, by the way! I got on the scales this morning expecting a gain after having cheese, alcohol and a ton of chocolate yesterday, but my weight actually went down a tiny bit!! result!! maybe a binge is what is needed every so often - stop your body getting used to the lower calories going in and adapting your metabolism to suit!

x

hayley86 said:
hey Stef - we did that over christmas when he was last technically laid off (although he had another job lined up he had to register as unemployed at the jobcentre to make sure he can get his redundancy money as its going through official receiver). From the initial forms we filled out (so in depth it took me 3hrs!) they reckon we are entitled to nothing! Because of the financial year that they base his contributions on (when OH was between perm jobs and doing perm work for the first 8 months, then worked 50hrs a week for last 4!) they say he didn't make enough national insurance contributions to qualify for JSA! I'm sure if we had to take it further they'd either put him on income-based JSA or income support, as I'm sure they'd realise that we cannot live on my £135 a week maternity pay! we should then also get help with mortgage, rent (on shared ownership) and council tax, but to be honest I'd rather not claim anything! They make it so damn hard to get any kind of help!

Luckily OH called agency today (the last one he was signed up for that before he got a perm job) and they say they have got some temp work on their books that they can sort him out with. got to take his ID and P45 down there tomorrow, so hopefully he won't be completely out of work for too long! Thank god - as much as I love him I don't think I want him home with me 24/7! lol

It sucks that you have to go through this all of the time-I don't think I could cope with that! I like to know exactly what is coming in and out all the time-have several spreadsheets that I update throughout the month! haha

That is really strange that you haven't lost much from your belly after all the weight that you have lost! I find that is one of the first places to lose inches-its hardest to get it to shift from my hips, bum and thighs (unfortunate, as that is where I really need to lose it from to fit into my wedding dress!).

Hhhhmmmm I might see how I get on in the next week - will stick to my calories but try to up my exercise. If I don't lose as much weight as I want to I might try a VLCD or the 5/2 diet.
The day off the diet was fine for me, by the way! I got on the scales this morning expecting a gain after having cheese, alcohol and a ton of chocolate yesterday, but my weight actually went down a tiny bit!! result!! maybe a binge is what is needed every so often - stop your body getting used to the lower calories going in and adapting your metabolism to suit!

x

Hey! I know exactly what u mean!!! I tried to claim and it took me hours and they said no!!! What a bloody joke!!!!

Awe yayyy so glad he's found something!
Yes it's a nightmare im stressed all the time I hate it!!

Yep belly thing is weird and annoying! But my body is anyway I can't even loose weight out f ketosis diets! So annoying!!!

Glad the day off did no damage! Looks like it did u some good :D

Have a fab day xxx

Has your GP ever referred you to someone about your weight loss? Sounds really strange to me that you have to go to such lengths to lose any amount of weight!

Kind of had a couple of days off from proper dieting and exercise! whoops!! though thankfully I haven't put any of the weight back on.
Got a baby-free weekend this week, so I WILL get up and exercise before we go out anywhere. Will do a minimum of an hours exercise tomorrow.

x

Hey :) I've had tests done with the docs and all came back ok, always thought thyroid probs but nope!!

Ohhh the weekend off lovely :)

Sometimes coming off plan does you good. Boosts ur metabolism ;) xxx

Ah but we all know what the GP's are like - I think they have a list of things that they must test you for - most life threatening/costly to the NHS. If it's something that someone considers to be livable or something, then they just won't test for it! I had to fight to have tests for PCOS, and I am sure that I have issues with one or more of my hormones (besides weight issues I wake up most nights covered in sweat - sorry, TMI). Actually even my GP said it is something to do with one of my hormones, but in his words "there are too many to test". They made sure I wasn't in early menopause and my thyroid function, and that's it, just get on with all your issues. And my mum has been asking Dr's for help with her weight for years now, and they just ignore her! You'd think they'd want to help her lose the weight before she becomes diabetic or something! weird!!

Weekend baby-free was lovely, especially as I had the house spick and span before she went, so I really had a chance to put my feet up! Though I practically had to steal her back from my mum and dad!!

Yes this is what I am thinking Stef - technically I have had a rubbish week diet wise, but according to the scales this morning I haven't put on any weight! Ok so I haven't lost any either, but considering how much chocolate and other high fat/calorie foods I have had this week I think I have done well.
But, I am still going to give 5:2 diet a try now. I don't think Rosemary Conley is the diet for me long-term. Well trying to eat low fat is ok, but I think restricting your calories every single day isn't a great idea - I don't want to muck up my metabolism!

x

Back