134kkg. The countdown begins!!!

Angelupnorth, u sure made me laugh there, no I can't be put off that easily har har. It just strengthens my resolve.

So there's this tall slim girl on my floor who's just a bit taller than me, even with heels, (. Im 5 10 so with even mid heels i hit t 6ft in the least) so I stood behind her in the ladies and almost ran out when I saw how big my legs were compared to hers. I have big legs and feet which someone " lovingly" referred to as "tree trunks" back in school, o yes, the suffering has been on for long, but the reason why I post this is that the slim chic referred to above actually admired my wholesome tree trunks and wished her tooth picks had a bit more flesh on 'em! Har de har har. You just can't please everyone can you!

So there's this tall slim girl on my floor who's just a bit taller than me, even with heels, (. Im 5 10 so with even mid heels i hit t 6ft in the least) so I stood behind her in the ladies and almost ran out when I saw how big my legs were compared to hers. I have big legs and feet which someone " lovingly" referred to as "tree trunks" back in school, o yes, the suffering has been on for long, but the reason why I post this is that the slim chic referred to above actually admired my wholesome tree trunks and wished her tooth picks had a bit more flesh on 'em! Har de har har. You just can't please everyone can you!

I've never met a woman yet who is happy with her body. I have friends of all shapes and sizes from 22 to size 6 and not one of them is 100% happy we all have things we like about ourselves but also things we hate.
Your doing fab x x

Lol @ viita :d no probs, you are welcome! The more the merrier.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's the little things that make it count. Sitting comfortably on the toilet seat, fitting into a chair, being able to paint my toenails, not dreading flying, smelling food and turning up my nose :) and actually looking forward to dressing up. I still have quite a way to go, but I'm enjoying the journey. Size 18 here I come !

I agree about it being the little things :)

Being able to buy clothes from " normal " shops

Fitting in a seat with space at either side

Most defiantly flying

The buzz from seeing yourself and wondering if it is really really you :)

All of the above are well worth the effort of Cambridge x

Busy wardrobe sorting. My sentimental side has paid off. I don't throw clothes away and I have clothes from size 14 to 24 in my backyard store. Since I've vowed not to buy clothes till target is reached, I'm having a nice time playing dress up with my kids ha ha. I'm sorting clothes out for immediate wear and future wear. However I'm mustering up confidence to ditch the big sizes for good this time.

Angelupnorth good to see you! So how's your progress been so far?

Angelupnorth good to see you! So how's your progress been so far?

I'm flying through it thankfully, week one was 11 pound loss and week 2 weigh in on Tue :)

It's great to catch up with everyone and the support on here has as always been amazing x

Busy wardrobe sorting. My sentimental side has paid off. I don't throw clothes away and I have clothes from size 14 to 24 in my backyard store. Since I've vowed not to buy clothes till target is reached, I'm having a nice time playing dress up with my kids ha ha. I'm sorting clothes out for immediate wear and future wear. However I'm mustering up confidence to ditch the big sizes for good this time.

I'm the same, size 24 to 12, thank god I buy stuff that fir between sizes although I did sell loads of " big " stuff on eBay last year and regretted it as I needed stuff. Now I'm blooming pleased I held onto smaller stuff as I'm going to need them again :) ahhhhhhhhhh the joys of being a woman lol shoes and bags are great as they always fit hehe

Pleased your doing well x x x

I'm the same, size 24 to 12, thank god I buy stuff that fir between sizes although I did sell loads of " big " stuff on eBay last year and regretted it as I needed stuff. Now I'm blooming pleased I held onto smaller stuff as I'm going to need them again :) ahhhhhhhhhh the joys of being a woman lol shoes and bags are great as they always fit hehe

Pleased your doing well x x x

Shoes and bags are simply divine and they don't mind if you put on a few pounds. They really are very forgiving. I'm a bagaholic and the only reason I'm not a shoeaholic is due to shoe size limitations, lol! I'm a 13 w. And the w is verrrrry important :p

Now I have 2 beautiful daughters who I'm really concerned about. I don't want them to have the wrong idea about eating and dieting as they are taking keen interest in mummy and her "cam-breedge" :D, however, having said that, I also don't want to make the same mistake my mom made by forcing me to eat every morsel on my plate ....or else! as I can trace my childhood obesity to wrong eating habits. It's drawing a balance between the two extremes that's key right now. My mum was big, I'm big and they have a tendency to be big too, thankfully they are currently in the upper range of normal as told by their pediatrician. My older daughter is 9 and currently insists on packing apples in her lunch bag and blatantly refuses to eat after 7pm. She still has her fair share of sugar drinks and pastries, but shuns them most of the time. She also swaps fried foods for boiled ones, it's been ages since I've used my deep fat frier, come to think of it. My younger daughter is a round cute chubby 4 and is already a keen follower of the biggest loser tv series. The older one hates the program, incidentally. Ah well, I just hope I'm passing across positive messages. On the up side, they are my inspiration for Saturday morning workouts though, with their love for swimming. It's not negotiable, we must all go swimming!

I shovelled another batch of spoilt food from the fridge last night. I'm highly embarrassed and mortified when I think of how "empty" my fridge used to "be" a few months back. Empty because I'm the one emptying it! I'm the one eating all the food in the house! Shameful! Cambridge makes you see what you have been doing to yourself. I hope I come back to this diary constantly afterwards when I'm struggling with maintenance to give myself a swift kick in the backside if I see myself slipping and polishing all leftovers!

Someone saw a picture of mine from 2006, long before I ever attempted losing weight ever and commented I look much younger and slimmer now. My first external compliment ! I'm still blushing. Let me date it so I always remember: 5 Nov 2013 :D

Food for thought: starving children in the world vs obese adults. Sometimes, this world just sucks. :(

We are losing the weight on the body but are we losing the weight on the mind? I've been over 130 kg far longer than being 111kg, and I've caught myself automatically apologizing before squeezing past people only to get weird looks as I barely brush past. I also still automatically avoid entering the elevator once 4 people enter before me even though there's still plenty of room. What gives? It's my mind playing tricks on me, lol

12 weeks and on add a meal for a week. However..........I'm on a modified "diet" for 5 days as I'm out of the country and am in no mood to moon about with my sachets for now. Its a test, a sneak preview of how I will fare in the "real" world with no sachets to bail me out. My weight prior to travelling was in the 111.5 - 112 range. Let's see how I fare by Saturday when I get back home. Ahem. #fingers crossed.

12 weeks and on add a meal for a week. However..........I'm on a modified "diet" for 5 days as I'm out of the country and am in no mood to moon about with my sachets for now. Its a test, a sneak preview of how I will fare in the "real" world with no sachets to bail me out. My weight prior to travelling was in the 111.5 - 112 range. Let's see how I fare by Saturday when I get back home. Ahem. #fingers crossed.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine, 12 weeks in and you have enough self control to get you by x x

Back