134kkg. The countdown begins!!!

....And now the comments start!!!!

I remember not quite too long ago, a few pages back ;) I couldn't wait for the comments. Now that I am beginning to get the odd double take from casual aquaintances, it hits me with mixed feelings. I am overly on the defensive and making excuses!!! WTF???

The sad reality of life is that people have strange reactions to change, really. Ok, for example, my bestie, or shall I say 'frenemy' from high school days :D hooked up with me and some other old school pals over the weekend. Man, the jealousy/envy was so palpable, you could cut it with a knife!!! She kept on glancing at me and kept her mouth firmly shut! And when the conversation drifted in that direction and someone was like" gosh, you are really working on yourself, you look just like high school" everyone else started chiming in with "how are you doing it" e.t.c e.t.c, meanwhile said bestie just ups and walks away at that very moment! It was so comical, but sad at the same time. She should have been happy for me, y'know? Ah welll....guess she wishes it was her. They were all overweight, by the way. I was the only "lean" looking one in the group.

My last comment made me chuckle :D At BMI 34 I'm the only lean one!!! We must all be a bunch of lardies heh heh heh :D

I met up with a colleague at work during lunch hour, she was warming a sumptuous platter of "food". Don't wanna go into details of it, all I saw anyway was carbs, oil and more carbs :D. Anyway, I was with my trusty blender bottle and a pack of choco mint :p. She says "oh, you are here for your regular tea, right?" I smile, though in my head I'm like WTF??? Tea??? is that what these people think???? I instead say, "o yeah, I'm a tea addict, sorta.". She says "well, I'm a carb-addict, I cannot do without my carbs, no way", and I'm like ok already, what's with the announcement/emphasis/proclamation :D. Methinks the lady doth protest too much! Guess that's how she's dealing with my current "lean looks" heh heh :D

Someone just now hit me with a direct "you look like you've lost weight!!!". It caught me off-guard, I didn't know what to say. I found myself saying, "its work stress that's making me lose weight". She says no, its not stress, you are on a diet!!!. I say, ok, diet and work stress. She just smiles. I could kick myself. Am I embarrassed to admit I'm on a diet? What's wrong with me??? Any ideas on how to deal with this, coz its only gonna get worse!!! I still have over 20kg to lose!!! Halp!!!

Ok, back to work, you layabout!!! :D

Just been catching up with your stream of posts and chuckling at you telling people your losses are down to work stress :p

I completely agree about maintenance, it's a big worry for my wife!! We have to make the choice of throwing out all of our big clothes and I am pro as I am determined to not put the weight back on, I won't be one of those people! I am slimmer than I have been in 5-6 years and I'm not stopping yet! Nic however has some reservations as after all we did let it get this far to begin with. I am even planning on becomming a consultant as even more motivation to keep going.

Think about next time you see your "frenamy" and she will have EVEN MORE to be jealous of! It's great when the comments start coming but I never really know what to do. My reaction usually consist of: grinning, thanking and then "it's getting there", and after that point I don't know what else to say as I don't feel there yet mentally.

Last weigh in before Christmas:rolleyes: and now I weigh 104.4kg. I'm traveling next week and I have achieved a few personal goals (ahem scroll back to page 1:D ).
i can now:
1. Fit comfortably in an airplane seat with room to spare
2. Wear most of my old wardrobe fairly comfortably and a few new ones too
3. Go on a safari when u reach Dubai.
4. Scoff at a plate full of carbs and say "na, I'll pass" :D

What at I can't do or rather won't till I leave the hundred's:

1. Pick up my bank cheque book. :p (I really hate triggering the weight alarm,90 it is at the least.Will keep on ATM-ing ;) )
2. Shop for new clothes. Boo.

From experience I don't last in a size for more than 2 weeks is it will be a waste to go splurging really, which sucks coz I am going to Dubai. Well no worries, just have to plan another trip for mid next year, yay!

Hmmm, nosy neighbors! I'm a bit of a private person offline (seriously). So when a neighbor comes around peddling size 20 clothes, she gets a bit more than she bargained for. She's a size 20 thereabouts but she feels since she's petite she looks better than me. Ah well. So she gushes "I was sent these size 20 tops that happen to be a bit big for me and I suddenly thought of you so here I.......gracious! Look at you!!!! Wow! What have you been doing" I had the time of my life gloating, hahaha . I say, naaaa, I won't be needing those, why don't you keep me for yourself? You may need them later :D. She's too miffed to acknowledge the barb, lol and suddenly gets all flustered and fawning etc etc etc. yada yada yada. These are fun times :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok it's official. I have no clothes to wear. None. And tomorrow is Tuesday. What I have are either too big or too tight. I really hate being between sizes. I'm btw 18 and 16 now, and my hips are somewhere closer to 18 than any other size and it's so frustrating not being able to wear some stuff yet. All the reliables are with the dry cleaner. I am one miserable camper right now. #sigh

Ok it's official. I have no clothes to wear. None. And tomorrow is Tuesday. What I have are either too big or too tight. I really hate being between sizes. I'm btw 18 and 16 now, and my hips are somewhere closer to 18 than any other size and it's so frustrating not being able to wear some stuff yet. All the reliables are with the dry cleaner. I am one miserable camper right now. #sigh

I know that feeling....Nic (the wife) has size 16 waist but a tad bigger on the hips, I on the other hand have skinny hips/legs and carry all my weight around my waist so have the opposite problem with the 16-18 size range. Though I did buy my very first pair of 16 jeans (we were allowed one pair each while working towards a size 14) last week, I don't remember when that happened last. I think the only pair of 16 trousers that are still in my wardrobe are ones I wore to a wedding 5 years ago as they were expensive and I didn't want to throw them out even though I never expected to get into them again. They just about do up now but I need to lose another inch before they fit nicely and they fit Nic now :)

Hi Fay! That's so cool, you know. Well done!

So, I'm already facing Christmas temptations but luckily I have scaled through till today at least, 100% sole source!

The countdown to Dubai has started, my scale is looking a bit friendly, I may not hit 100kg by Christmas but at least I will be close! It's a long way from 134kg anyways :D.

Off for my morning choco mint and coffee!

Ta!

Happy New Year folks. I've been quite under the weather and un inclined to post since getting back from Dubai but having you guys on here with all your posts is a whole lot encouraging! Also stepping on the scale this morning and seeing 100kg (at last) is a big enough motivation to finally put pen to paper or rather finger to touchscreen once more, heh heh.

Dubai was fun, with Cambridge flying out the window the moment I had my divine plane meal on my flight out. And the first 2 days were full of healthy food choices but from then on it went downhill, unfortunately. Only saving grace was small tummy size so feeling full comes much quicker, but we all know how quickly that becomes history, which is why we are all here trying to lose weight in the first place.

I'm depressed about not magically being able to control my intake without the sachets to do this for me, it's a serious wake up call.

It just emphasizes how important the steps are post sole source, steps 1 all through to 6!

I don't want to be a Cambridge returnee in the near future, sob sob.

I gained roughly 4 pounds over Xmas and new year, but I guess that must have been mostly water weight coz here I am at 100kg from 104 just before the trip, har de har har:D

I bought a full stash of sachets which are still available so I'm not visiting my CC till next Saturday so as usual I will not update my stats officially till I weigh in on my CC's scale.

Back on sole source and waxing strong!

But for how long? :(

From 134kg to 100kg, that's roughly 68 pounds!

I have to congratulate myself on this achievement, don't u think? :D

Happy New Year folks. I've been quite under the weather and un inclined to post since getting back from Dubai but having you guys on here with all your posts is a whole lot encouraging! Also stepping on the scale this morning and seeing 100kg (at last) is a big enough motivation to finally put pen to paper or rather finger to touchscreen once more, heh heh.

Dubai was fun, with Cambridge flying out the window the moment I had my divine plane meal on my flight out. And the first 2 days were full of healthy food choices but from then on it went downhill, unfortunately. Only saving grace was small tummy size so feeling full comes much quicker, but we all know how quickly that becomes history, which is why we are all here trying to lose weight in the first place.

I'm depressed about not magically being able to control my intake without the sachets to do this for me, it's a serious wake up call.

It just emphasizes how important the steps are post sole source, steps 1 all through to 6!

I don't want to be a Cambridge returnee in the near future, sob sob.

I gained roughly 4 pounds over Xmas and new year, but I guess that must have been mostly water weight coz here I am at 100kg from 104 just before the trip, har de har har:D

I bought a full stash of sachets which are still available so I'm not visiting my CC till next Saturday so as usual I will not update my stats officially till I weigh in on my CC's scale.

Back on sole source and waxing strong!

But for how long? :(

I know what you mean about magically being able to "be good" when given the oppertunity. I went in to the festive season with good intentions. My Berlin holiday I was going to keep having the shakes, not drink much alcohol and just have a sensible sized meal but that didn't really happen. Because I had already failed with being sensible the weekend before Chrsitmas it did somewhat spiral into not eating right the days between returning from holiday and Christmas, and then I didn't go back to the sachets on the 27th like I had planned but continued to eat what I wanted until January 2nd.

Since the restart there has been numerous falterings and have been sneeking in a handful of sweets each day from a tub that Nic was meant to take into work and hasn't. Then the weekend arrives and rather than Nic pouting for us to get a take away this time it is me. So it's not surprising that I put on 5lb over the break and only managed to shift about 1-2lb since then!!! Need a kick up the ***!!!!

We NEED to do this!!!! Come on us!!!

Went for my weigh in today; no choice as all my supplies are down....official weight is 99.7 kg. Yeyyyy. heh heh. Seems my body is sooo reluctant to give up the 100's and just barely allowed me see 90 range. Anyways....no going back now! 80kg here I come!!!

Meanwhile, did I mention I've been to my bank to pick up my cheque book? Heh heh heh. I had a field day walking back and forth thru the security door, I must have looked so ridiculous with my smirk on my face. Won't b surprised if the bank now has me red flagged on their security cam!!! Now I know how kiddies feel swinging on revolving chairs when they aren't supposed to. I went out and bought me a posh Italian bag as my 90 range reward. So exciting! Someone made a comment I look like a model with my 5ft 10 height + 3 inch heels :D. My hubby took me shopping and got me a cute blazer in size 14. Fit like a glove! Still not shopping yet, but I barely have decent stuff to wear to work these days, so this is a lifesaver really. I bought a whole box of chocomint shakes today. Ive suddenly gone off cappucino, surprise surprise! I also included one spicy tomato in my second box, I'm surprising myself these days...

Hubby is promising me a 10 yr wedding anniversary honeymoon for Easter, woot woot! Wants to show off my new bod. So I now have another target...80kg by April! Let's go there!

My CC advised me to start doing squats seriously from now on. I'm a 16 bottom. I feel like I have wings sticking out by my sides. Funny thing is the wings feel so empty, and soft. But they are there, and don't want to go. I guess that's where the remaining 19kg is lurking.

I hate exercise. I need help guys! How do I make this easy?

sometimes, being pear shaped really sucks, y'know. I wish I could wear a mini skirt. Chunky thighs!!! Bah!

What does rep power mean?

Back