13's to 12's: MISSION POSSIBLE??

kellythepeg

Silver Member
Hello ladies and gents :)

I don't meant to get ahead of myself here but I jumped on the scales this morning and saw the number 13 for the first time in years.. My scales are potentially the least reliable things I own (which causes me much angst on a daily basis lol!) so I'm not getting too excited but I'll jump on again in the morning and if it says the same again....!!???????? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lets hope they didn't get confused and I'm actually 14st 13lbs lol. Stranger things have happened!! :)

I know from past experience that the battle from 13st 13lb to 12st 13lbs is a struggle (then again aren't they all??) but so worth it at the end (being in the 12's is literally all I have dreamed of since being there before and regaining!!)

Is anyone in a similar boat?? Fancy tackling the 13's together?? :) xx

Hell yes!!! I weighed in at 13 st 13.5lbs today lol. My son was highly amused at the ultimate unluckyness of this!!! 13 to 12 is a bugger and then you are rewarded with 12 to 11 which is EVIL!!!!!!! I've yet to manage it. :)

Ha ha..well done, go you!! I have to completely disagree with your son - I think it is very, very lucky!! ;)

I've never contended with the 12's to 11's yet either - the lowest I've managed is 12st 1lb..how frustrating!!

Are you following a plan? xx

I just count calories and try to get a bit of exercise in really. I eat around 1200-1400 and dip into the extras when I need them? I got down to 12,1 too and then got bloody stuck there for ages!!

I aim for around 1200 too but occasionally (more occasionally than I would like..!!) I go over, as is life!! Definitely need to pick up on the old exercise....I am a classic case of what is known as a 'lazy' 'bones'..! xx

Ooh nice thread. Keep it going and hopefully I can join you soon. I got down from 14.6 to 12.6 this time last year but regained it all. So frustrating to be losing the same weight again. Good luck everyone!

Ooh nice thread. Keep it going and hopefully I can join you soon. I got down from 14.6 to 12.6 this time last year but regained it all. So frustrating to be losing the same weight again. Good luck everyone!

Keep going and hopefully see you joining us here soon!! No further updates my end - I'm still floating around 13st 13lbs..had an iffy few days..! Back on it now though..!! :) xx

Offically at 13st 8.6lbs today...yiipppeeeee......!! Well into the 13's now and DEFINITELY never looking back..

Teetering around 13.11 for a while, I was getting quite nervous about slipping back in to the 14's (it's so easily done!!) but nope... I'm gonna keep plodding.. slowly but surely.. I will get to those 12's eventually !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) Any news anyone else?? xx

P.s.I'm officially UNDER my lowest Slimming World weight of 13st 10lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
which was my sort of interim goal so to have achieved that is absolutely B.R.I.L.L.!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Last time I was losing weight I remember specifcally reaching 13st 7lb (I was that weight when meeting my previous partner) as I seem to be able to link all dates and particular moments in my life with a very specific weight..!! So to get to that weight next week would absolutely make my life I think..........!! :D C'monnnn......!!xx

Last edited:
Hi Kelly

How are you? I've switched! I just couldn't do without carbs! Lol good old calorie counting it is for me from here on in! Also doing the 30 day shred!

I had a jacket potato for din last night . . . Amazing!!! Xxxx

Hi Kelly

How are you? I've switched! I just couldn't do without carbs! Lol good old calorie counting it is for me from here on in! Also doing the 30 day shred!

I had a jacket potato for din last night . . . Amazing!!! Xxxx

Hi Emma!!

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you've switched.. you seemed to be abolutely loving it????? Was it very hard?? Last week for my dinners I tried just having chicken/steak and leafy salads and I really enjoyed it a lot.. but I can imagine after a while it would get a little tiresome!! Did you lose much on Atkins?? Weight I mean??

SooOOoo..back to thee good old calorie counting eh!! Great stuff!! Do you have a daily calorie goal? :)

He he, I've found myself steering away from jacket potatos because of YOU!! and your Atkins diary lol!! Won't be for long though, I'm sure ;) xx

:D i did switch!!!

haha i was finding it easy because.. . . . i was eating carbs lol!!! i sooooo wasnt doing Atkins! i was eating crisps, chocolate, cakes!!! biscuits!! im not even really a sweet person but when i was on "Atkins" i had a sweet tooth! lol! hehe!!! i would have my Atkins dinner of steak and salad and then finish with a lovely bar of galaxy! pah!

i didnt lose anything, i stay the same which im amazed at because i was eating FULL FAT cream, butter, cheese etc AND chocolate, biscuits etc!! lol!!

well i have set my calorie goal to be 1500 to start with and then lower it down, 1500 dounds like loads to me tbh! but my basal metabolic rate is about 1650cals so i thought if i have 1500 i will have a deficit of 150cals and im doing the 30 day shred also so this will burn more cals (not sure how many....) but will make the deficit bigger! yesterday i felt like i ate plenty and still have about 150cals left to get to 1500! :D

get back on the jackets!!! i've had two in the last two days!!! hahahha!! oooo have you tried the McCain jacket potatos? they are frozen and then you microwave them, they honestly taste like a jacket pot that has been cooking for hrs in the oven! sooooo yummy!!! this with beans and sprinkle of cheese i think will become a favourite dinner!! or steak with Jacket potato! mmmmmmmmmmmm haha

How are you today? xxxx

whats your daily calorie goal? i feel like 1500 is loads! :S lol xxxx

:D i did switch!!!

haha i was finding it easy because.. . . . i was eating carbs lol!!! i sooooo wasnt doing Atkins! i was eating crisps, chocolate, cakes!!! biscuits!! im not even really a sweet person but when i was on "Atkins" i had a sweet tooth! lol! hehe!!! i would have my Atkins dinner of steak and salad and then finish with a lovely bar of galaxy! pah!

i didnt lose anything, i stay the same which im amazed at because i was eating FULL FAT cream, butter, cheese etc AND chocolate, biscuits etc!! lol!!

well i have set my calorie goal to be 1500 to start with and then lower it down, 1500 dounds like loads to me tbh! but my basal metabolic rate is about 1650cals so i thought if i have 1500 i will have a deficit of 150cals and im doing the 30 day shred also so this will burn more cals (not sure how many....) but will make the deficit bigger! yesterday i felt like i ate plenty and still have about 150cals left to get to 1500! :D

get back on the jackets!!! i've had two in the last two days!!! hahahha!! oooo have you tried the McCain jacket potatos? they are frozen and then you microwave them, they honestly taste like a jacket pot that has been cooking for hrs in the oven! sooooo yummy!!! this with beans and sprinkle of cheese i think will become a favourite dinner!! or steak with Jacket potato! mmmmmmmmmmmm haha

How are you today? xxxx

Really?? Ha ha, naughty naughty.. you didn’t mention that in your diary lol ;) but to eat a bar of galaxy, crisps and cakes every day.. to have STS is absolutely B.R.I.L.L…. maybe there is some method behind the madness!!

1,500 isn’t loads at all, it’s probably just about right..especially seeing as you are coming from what was probably a very HIGH calorie diet!! My basal metabolic rate is over 2000 (crazy…if I ate anywhere near 2000 kcal a day I’d put on a stone a month..easy!!)! I aim for about 1,200 kcal per day..NOTE: AIM!! LOL…. Usually ends up being much closer to 1,500 but sometimes, when I really, really try, I can stick to 1,200! I’ve been sooo tempted to buy the 30 day shred but I’m soo lazy and pants with exercise…!! :(

What sorts of things are you eating now? I HAVE tried them…they’re gorgeous!! A tiny bit dry but lovely nonetheless..!! And so quick and easy..theres nothing worse than being absolutely starving and waiting for a jacket potato to cook for what feels like hours..!! I usually end up eating them half raw lol (slight exaggeration) so the McCain ones get a thumbs up from me!!

I’m great thanks.. counting down the minutes until I can go and sit outside and eat my lunch.. am an absolute sun fiend..!! And I’m heading to a BBQ tonight (have brought along my own lean home-marinated pork, pitta breads, homemade mint yoghurt and salad sOoo I can BBQ healthily!! I went to a BBQ at the weekend and felt soo awkward and guilty turning down all the delicious food they had prepared for us..!! I even gave in and had a burger simply to look less ungrateful as I felt so unbelievably ungrateful even though they probably didn’t mind at all..and was left feeling terribly guilty and rubbish about my diet and the greasy burger lol!! You just can’t win!! But I’m very excited for my BBQ tonight, I made a lush spicy-jerk-esque marinade for my pork.. it’s been on all night and is currently sat in the fridge at work marinating away too!!!!! :) Mmmmm..!!

How are you today?? xx

haha i know! im sorry!!! i did have ONE conffession!!! ;) that made up for it all!! hehe!! i know, i was sooooo surprised to stay the same!!!!

oooo good, i thought i was being a piggy with my 1500cals!! i will lower my cals down but wanted to start higher so that i can lower them if not loosing!!! buy it buy it but it!!! if i was up at 6:30 this morning shredding away then anyone can do it!!! i have the crapest will power in the world when it comes to exercise!! and i will use just about any excuse not to do it but have done 5 days straight now and feel amazing for it :D

yes yes yes, i HATE waiting for a jacket potato to cook! and our oven is crap so it takes at least HOUR and a HALF!!!! ahhhh cant wait that long!!! but now jacket spuds couldnt be easier. . . mmmmmm have them with tuna! beans! cheese! low fat cream cheese! omg im getting excited over a jacket potato!!! i NEED a life! lol

good good, oooooo sooo jealous of your BBQ we are yet to have one!!!!! but its my bf's birthday on sunday so im hoping and praying the BBQ is whacked out :) ooooo pitta and mint yoghurt! amazing!!! omg your pork sounds soooooooooo nice!!!! :( not making me dribble at all! lol

im good thank you :) been out at lunch time, popped to Tesco to get some lettuce for a lovely salad with Piri Piri chicken breast! mmmmmmmmmm :) and salad cream, my god i have missed salad cream!!! only had mayo on Atkins!!! BUT i forgot to get something for dinner *doh* so looks like another trip there after work, really fancy some sort of pasta with tomato and marscaponi sauce with a salad! yum yumm!!!

cannot wait for today to be over!!! dragging big time!!

xxxx

6.30am!? oh my god, never in my wildest dreams could I ever do that!! I’d do myself an injury..!!I hav enough of a hard time getting myself dressed!! How hard are these workouts?? Are they manageable?? Hmmm…. I went to Boxercise/fitness a little while back and absolutely loved it at the time….but never went back?! Lol.. :(

Oohhh, I hope the weather stays nice for your BF’s birthday.. my BBQ was lush..!! I was a little bit naughty though and tucked into a couple of potato wedges (the frozen kind!), some haloumi and some skin-on-oil-laden chicken :( it’s so hard when it’s all laid out in front of you!! And there was soo much left-over!! I was so proud to stay away from the sausages though because they are suchhh a treat lol.

How was your pasta?? Sounds lush!! I make my own creamy tomato sauces by adding a little low-fat cream cheese to a tomato sauce – is lovely and probably a little bit healthier than the ones you can buy – although if you’re wanting quick and easy I’d just sacrifice the calories and go with the shop bought ;) xx

i know. . . i was a bit mental to get up then!!! and guess what. . . we didnt even go to the cinema so i could of done it after work!!! well i think they are hard but over in 20 mins so its like ok they are hard but over quickly!! there are points when doing strength movements, in particular side lunge with arm raises(lifting arms in front of you whilst holding weights and lifting them up to at least eye level) where i think i may not get up!!! lol my muscles get so sore i feel like im stuck!!!

ooooo yummmmmy!!!! all that bbq food sounds lush!!! uh oh wedges, well done on only having a few though :D

pasta was soooooooooo nice, i got the really big pasta sheels !! yum!! the homepride sauce i got wasnt too bad for cals, the fresh sauces are ridiculous!! usually i do make my own too :) but yesterday felt ever so lazy and also really fancied the taste of the homepride one lol! random!! and have the other half left for tonight! think i will actually make a pasta back with it tonight though :) can cook in the oven whilst im shredding away! lol!

was still under on my cals yesterday, even though i had a galaxy ripple whilst watching the apprentice!!! haha OPPS!!! xxxxxx

hey Hunni How are you? xxx

Hello to anyone reading!! Thought now was a good a time as ever to come back to this thread! :)

Big weigh in tomorrow where I WAS (being the operative word!) hoping to get down from 13st 1lb (last Sat) to the 12's.. however, jumped in the scales this morning (naughty naughty) and I'm up 2.75lbs!?

I’d not been sleeping very well over the weekend and earlier in the week and it must have all caught up with me!! I fell asleep in my car (whilst parked!!!!!!) on my lunch yesterday and subsequently was 20 mins late back!! Ooops!! Then, when I got in from work I was soo hungry I devoured the whole lot of my homemade SW paté and melba toast, followed shortly by some cooked chicken, followed even more shortly by flaking out on the sofa and didn’t wake up at 10pm!! Grrrr!! Was soo hungry again when I woke up so I quickly made my tea (huge bowl of pasta with arrabiatta sauce and peas and half a WW garlic ciabatta).. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Was pretty much straight to bed after pasta too so the whole lot (paté included!) has just sat in my stomach and turned straight into FAT!!

Will be out for dinner tonight, probably cinema or drinks and then proper weigh-in tomorrow morning..I’m not feeling very hopeful!? :( :( :( soooo annoyed with myself!!!! Just so so hoping the gain was just a blip and it’ll go down by tomorrow. Will be disappointed with a STS though, I know I will so those numbers had better start dropping!! Have worked bloody hard this week!! Was meant to be having tonight off my 30 Day Shredding but because of my slip up last night I may have to force myself to do it when I get in tonight..! Lets hope I’m not tipsy or that could be disastrous, lol!.. xx

Back