14 stone to lose...... Really need some buddies.

mamaden

Hi,

I have been overweight since 1973 when I suffered severe abuse as a child.
I am 53 now and determined that this is the last time I start a diet & don't finish it.

I need to lose 14 stone & the man I love has just made a comment that has made me decide that I will prove him wrong. Although he won't admit my size plays a big factor, he has more or less said that it's the reason why I haven't been invited to his birthday bash...... His words "I just can't imagine you getting up & dancing the night away with the rest of us" (we're not in a relationship by the way, although I'm sure if I was thinner we would be).

Anyway I'm starting this Wednesday by doing a 3 day juicetou detox program, then I will be doing 4 weeks of Exante, that should give me my kick start & enough confidence to then start going back to Slimming World. Once the weight has started to come off & I get back my confidence, I will then get this man out of my life after showing him what he's missed out on.
I'm rambling a bit now so I am going to sign off but I would love as much encouragement as you are willing to give me.

Denise x

mamaden said:
Hi,

I have been overweight since 1973 when I suffered severe abuse as a child.
I am 53 now and determined that this is the last time I start a diet & don't finish it.

I need to lose 14 stone & the man I love has just made a comment that has made me decide that I will prove him wrong. Although he won't admit my size plays a big factor, he has more or less said that it's the reason why I haven't been invited to his birthday bash...... His words "I just can't imagine you getting up & dancing the night away with the rest of us" (we're not in a relationship by the way, although I'm sure if I was thinner we would be).

Anyway I'm starting this Wednesday by doing a 3 day juicetou detox program, then I will be doing 4 weeks of Exante, that should give me my kick start & enough confidence to then start going back to Slimming World. Once the weight has started to come off & I get back my confidence, I will then get this man out of my life after showing him what he's missed out on.
I'm rambling a bit now so I am going to sign off but I would love as much encouragement as you are willing to give me.

Denise x

Hello! Just wanted to wish you all the best. We're a similar age (I'm 51), and I ended up needing to lose 10 stone after 30 years of yoyo dieting. This forum has been great in terms of inspiration and support. :) xx

Thank you for your replies.
There has been a slight blip so I will be starting the Juice detox on Friday this week (29th). I'm all set and raring to go so hopefully this time I'll get there.

A fool proof way to lose 14 stone of useless lard overnight might be to give this 'man' the push. Honestly, focus on yourself and get rid of him. Lose weight for YOU and boost your self esteem by not accepting comments like this from anybody.

Anyway - best of luck! Lower your calories, write down what you eat in a day and keep an eye on your carbs and you'll do just fine

I know we're not doing the same diet, but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK! That man sounds like an idiot, instead of rubbing your skinny self in his face, make sure you rub your new found confidence and happiness in it - there's nothing more charming than someone who loves themselves for who they are, flaws and all. It'll be the things the weight loss brings that will matter, the thrill of knowing you had such will power, will make you feel brilliant. X

hi denise
i agree with the girls with a friend like him who need enemies but then the other side thinks its takes a t***er like that to make you think i need to do this for me not for a waste like him enjoy your journey love and look forward to meeting new people on here who will help you with your journey not criticise x

I'm still here. I done my 3 days juicing and lost a total of 10lbs in 3 days. I re-started Exante on Monday & will weigh myself again on Friday as that will then be 1 week since I started.
Thanks for all your messages & yeah, I know I need to get rid of this guy & I will......... I just want to do it when I'm a skinny Minnie so he can realise what he's lost. xx

mamaden
good luck for your w.i. on friday and your going wipe the floor with him and get a real man he can kiss:kissass2: x x x:) and walk away a skinny minni and shaking your bootie:bunnydance:

Good luck and keep strong. You can do it :)

Good luck with your weight-loss and well done on the 10lbs from the juice diet you are heading in the right direction :) xxx

Back