14 Stone To Lose

I dont know most of the names you have said here, but I got all my things from Peacocks , got my dress from there when I was 24 st , but ofc - all my weight is on my legs and soft spot. Cant fit into trousers but they really have nice dresses and tops there =)

hm,,, I want new dress now.. :)

yours clothing is def worth a look, Rach. Their stuff is much cheaper than evans and still sells on well after you've finished with them (having a final clear out sale on ebay that finishes on Sunday) . It's been quite a motivation boost to clear things out too :)

Been a busy week. Mum had 2 injections in her shoulder on Tues which has left it quite painful for the rest of this week so moving her has been harder than usual. Also thought I'd gotten rid of my cold last week but it seemed to lay dormant for a week before starting straight up again this morning. Overdosing on oj and cold stuff to get rid of it asap again :)

Had an email last night - at 5pm(!) - demanding (and I mean demanding. Not one 'please' or 'would you mind' or 'could you please') - new slippers for twat. Now I KNOW he needed new ones and had some bought here for him - but they're adamant that he needed different types in a smaller size. We got him the larger size as his feet are so swollen they won't fit in the size 8's they requested even with the velcro style. We only had him at home for 16 years as his carers - what do we know? :rolleyes:

Had only one choice to get the ones they wanted and that was to use the catalogue. Luckily managed to get four pairs and next day delivery for just under £30 which I thought was a bargain. All velcro based - three size 8's and one size 9 just incase. We can't be there to take him others because of the money situation (would cost a further £20 on top for the round taxi fare) and the fact we'd be there on Tuesday anyway (has to be Tuesday as he has an appt for part of it too - and it's his birthday) but apparently Tuesday was too long to wait and he needed them there and then hence the next day delivery.

Only now they're not answering the email or the calls I've made asking if they're okay :rolleyes: nor have they acknowledged the request I've mad - twice - to keep those that don't fit (I strongly suspect those will be all the size 8's) and the advice notes so that I can return them when I get there on Tuesday. That place really drives me mad sometimes. I think they really dislike us because we don't visit very often. I don't think they believe what he did to us or my gran as he switches on the 'nice' man most of the time to them. They seem to go out of their way to make things as difficult as possible for us.

It's a shame because it did used to be a really great home for around 6-9 months with consistent friendly and really lovely carers... but now I barely know who anyone other than 1 senior, 1 care assistant, the manager, the admin lady (the one who sent the snotty email) and 2 cleaners. There's such a high turn over (wonder why...!!)

Care homes can be funny I've worked in lovely ones and not so lovely ones. Was there a change of management. All my old friends have left my old care home since its changed so maybe it's run differently. If any of the residents needed new clothing. It was up to their key worker to ask the family not send a snooty letter. I hope you get an apology xx

Thanks lovelies. The managagement and 2 of the carers are the only people who haven't changed over. It's bloody weird.

We're quite friendly with the carers and apparently it's because as 'nice' as the manager is, she's pretty ineffectual and doesn't stand up for problems with the staff - she just wants to be seen by the bosses to be doing the right thing rather than taking care of her staff.

Also thinking less cold and more tonsillitus today. Don't feel overly poorly though, just have little voice and a very sore throat. Have gone over my cals a bit (not that I'm worried as I did have some extras from this week on various days and it's around 350) as I've been having cough sweets and lots of juice and ice lollies to try and soothe the throat.

Hope you're all well m'lovelies. Ebay bits finish tomorrow so quite looking forward to finishing my Christmas shopping with that money! :)

hi psp hope your feeling alot better lovely
i am disgusted with that home they SHOULD NOT have spoken to you in that way in a email you could have reported them for it you want to take the email and ask them what this is all about its terrible love your grandad is a monkey still not with you but still gets you running not fair x x x

Thanks lovelies :) we are there in person tomorrow and going to sort it.

Hope you're all well :)

Blimey! That's rude. Well done you for not loosing your rag. Seriously - patient of a saint!

WOO! to ebay items finishing soon though, I do love that little injection of cash once everything's finished.

Oh and well done on the loss I spotted on MFP :D

Hope you feel better soon hun!

Caz x

Hi hun, sorry to hear you have so much trouble with … hm , not sure with who tbh, bus I guess some elderly relative.
We were taking care for my granny before she passed away , but bless her soul she was an angel and I never had those kind of problems I usually hear people have.
Also - its one thing to take care for someone for year and different to take care for years and years. Some people get …well mean , when they get older what makes its even harder to care.
You are amazing lady for taking care of someone for so many years. I know its not easy.

From home its not nice to demand anything from you but try to find forgiveness in your heart. Probably person who send you email was tired and did not mean to sound so demanding. I guess people in homes have hard times too. We all know thats its very stressful and sometimes heartbreaking work to do. I bow in front of every person who does that job with heart.

What ever it is hun and how ever it goes , want to tell you that you are great women to have so big trouble in your life. Even if it gets bad you still do the right thing and it may feel like pain in arse sometimes. You are an inspiration and you should be very proud of yourself.

Smiles and hugs.

Hi hun, sorry to hear you have so much trouble with … hm , not sure with who tbh, bus I guess some elderly relative.
We were taking care for my granny before she passed away , but bless her soul she was an angel and I never had those kind of problems I usually hear people have.
Also - its one thing to take care for someone for year and different to take care for years and years. Some people get …well mean , when they get older what makes its even harder to care.
You are amazing lady for taking care of someone for so many years. I know its not easy.

From home its not nice to demand anything from you but try to find forgiveness in your heart. Probably person who send you email was tired and did not mean to sound so demanding. I guess people in homes have hard times too. We all know thats its very stressful and sometimes heartbreaking work to do. I bow in front of every person who does that job with heart.

What ever it is hun and how ever it goes , want to tell you that you are great women to have so big trouble in your life. Even if it gets bad you still do the right thing and it may feel like pain in arse sometimes. You are an inspiration and you should be very proud of yourself.

Smiles and hugs.

Thank you lovely :) It's my grandad who is the person, we cared for him at home for 16 years before we had to admit defeat as he was getting worse and mum was getting poorly and I ended up having a heart attack from the stress of looking after both so something huge had to change. My grandad was (and always has been) a very nasty and spiteful abusive person, - physically, emotionally and mentally too. He is also a recovering alcoholic (who only stopped because we wouldn't bring it in to him when he became unable to get it for himself. During the royal wedding weekend he was 8 times over the drink drive limit as we had to get him to hosp as we could get no fluids or anything else inside him and he was just constantly being sick.... hospital didn't want to know (!).

Thankfully he's been dry ever since (though not through choice...)

I couldn't do their jobs - it was hard enough doing it for the 16 years for him (I was 11 when it started) - couldn't imagine doing it for 30+ grandad types (though I admit barely anyone is as bad as him!) every day and still doing it with a smile - they deserve huge pay rises! :)

You've really touched me - thank you love! :) Hope you're doing well!!

Spent the ebay cash today (and have everything posted yesterday/today thanks to the parcelshop - love them!) on everyone's Christmas presents :D ALl done now - apart from mum and grandad (though his will be toiletries and some practical clothes as he doesn't care or even want to open presents now so they need to be practical ones rather than thoughtful ones if that makes sense). And the doggies - but they're worse than kids so they have to be bought a little closer to Christmas or they go searching round my room for things that squeak :D

Also bought a pair of boots today from Evans. I got an absolute bargain - they're £55's worth of boots going for £20 - but the big thing is they're knee high(!) and they fit (!) never would have at my heaviest :D I only tried them on out of interest as I never thought they would :D And for evans that is a bargain price! :D Even with my jeans on they fit perfectly :D

And spank you Stacksy :D ;) I'm now a stone and half away from my Christmas target :D

Hope you're all well my darlings xx

Wow I can't even imagine having to look after a grandad & a mum!! Bless you it sounds like u have been through a lot!
You are doing so well!
Yehy for boots I really need some new ones mine have Holes that let water in xxx

Ooohhh that's a bargain for those boots :D

I understand how difficult it is to be a carer and have a lot of admiration for you. We do the same for my mum and her ex partner (she keeps him with her but in separate rooms so that he doesn't have to go into a home).

Back