14 Stone To Lose

I do have to admit they're not all like that, it depends on the status you buy. There's different levels - there was another that was 'acceptable' but I prefered to pay the little extra for the 'like new'

The weekend wasn't too bad thank you :) Had a very relaxed and chilled one to be honest. If I wasn't doing the updates, I was catching up on my telly and backlog of dvd's as it was one of mums 'good days' which meant she could be left to do her own bits and I could be upstairs without having to be sat in the same room and making sure she's ok/taking her meds/eating/getting to the loo etc.

I'm glad yours was a great one too! I'm very jealous of the London trip :)

Princess, I just wanted to say that I also weighed in at exactly 26 stone 9lbs at one point, about 4 years ago. So we were once "weight twins"! Now you have a head start and have dropped almost 4 stone so I have you in my sights as I have lost only 1.5 stone. Don't let me catch you up, will you?

Helena

You have done crazily well, especially how recently you began too! :) a MASSIVE well done my love, it's addictive when you start losing isn't it! :)

Had a little bit more good news tonight:
course.png
All being well, I've finished the course and passed it all! :) Just have to wait for the final 2 verifications and then I should get my certificate to prove it :)

I have to admit, it's not quite what I thought it was, but I'm very glad that it's all done :) I think I'll crack out a bit of chocolate to celebrate! ;)

You have done crazily well, especially how recently you began too! :) a MASSIVE well done my love, it's addictive when you start losing isn't it! :)

Had a little bit more good news tonight:
View attachment 150306
All being well, I've finished the course and passed it all! :) Just have to wait for the final 2 verifications and then I should get my certificate to prove it :)

I have to admit, it's not quite what I thought it was, but I'm very glad that it's all done :) I think I'll crack out a bit of chocolate to celebrate! ;)

That's great, Kym, well done! And how else would you celebrate completing a nutrition course than with chocolate?! :D xx

Awww fab news flowing your way for sure .. x

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you very much ladies :) Not sure how long it'll take to be checked by the invigilators but looking forward to getting my certificate :D

Little bit worried about my friend. She's already lost 7lb but she works out a fair bit too and is adamant she only needs 1000 calories. I've got her to work out her bmr and the HB equation which brings her out double that with the deficit added. Also explained that it may falter to a stop and she's doing herself harm but she's adamant that 1000 is right for her :(

Hello :)

Glad to see so many positive things going for you!

Just wanted to jump in and shot some more positive vibes your way, your the best and thank you so much for all your support!

I do hope your friend figures out that she needs a bit more calories even if its simply fuel for her during her workouts. She is lucky to have you as a friend.

Last edited:
Woohoooo hun, well done on completing your course :D Was that an online study one?

Ah your friend sounds like one of mine. Exercises like mad and thinks she only needs to eat child like portions so she doesn't gain weight.
I hope your friend listens to you and ups her calories, she doesn't want to make herself ill.

The problem is you've already done all you can by trying to educate her on BMR and intake. I have the same problem with my sister. She starts on MFP, gives herself a low target, always hits under that and then falls off the wagon a few days later because it's too restrictive!

There's really only so much you can do until someone is ready to listen!! Hopefull she doesn't do herself too much harm until then!

I thought I'd had a break through. She'd joined up MFP and she'd been given the same calories as I explained she would (the 2000ish) and that she had worked out so she knew she had to eat...

Then she went away and redid it and I got a screen print saying 'LOOK! It says 1200 to start off like I thought!' so god knows what she'd done to the data afterwards. She must have put herself in as sedentary or something when she's really not :(

Having said that, she did have extras on there as she'd been logging her working out/walking in it so hopefully she's not doing herself too much damage. I really hope so:(

Having a bit of a strange day, nothing bad (infact potentially veryveryvery good!) but its got me thinking a little bit.

Mum wanted a couple of things from Yours Clothing so I tagged on 2 pairs of khaki leggings for me to wear under my trousers or as 'tights' with my ever-present fluffy boots or wellies/snow boots for extra warmth. I ordered 24 thinking I'd be that size come winter as it's already August... only they fit now. I put that down to them being stretchy. I also had a red pair of trousers coming from Simply Be in a 24 to save again for Christmas (already have a green pair of Jeggings that I bought in the Evans sale in a 24 to save for Christmas a couple of years ago thinking I'd be good and diet that year (!) so I can look like a little Christmas Elf or Santa as per the mood takes me nearer Christmas ;) ) and said red trousers fit me too... perhaps it's not a fluke! :D

Going to dig out the size 24's I've got hiding in the 'to slim down into' wardrobe a little later and see if more fit or not. They're all Evans I think so we'll see! :)

The bit that got me thinking is that when I was 16, I obviously left school after my GCSE's and had a long summer holiday whilst waiting for my results. Come results day I had a new outfit from Evans which was a 24. I returned for 6th form but I'd chosen the wrong subjects and was very unhappy so I left in the Feb and worked for a friends mum until September again when I returned to 6th form (so 17 years old). I bought a purple top from George in a 24 whilst working for said friends mum, but tbh it didn't really fit.

Potentially, on the bottom at least (the top will come down, it's just the boobs are so out of proportion right now that they can't) I'm the same size I was when I was 16/17 years old about 13 years ago and the lightest I've officially been since around then too. What a scary feeling!

It feels veryvery weird if I'm honest :8855:I don't quite know how I feel (despite sad for my 16/17 year old self... though tbf I wasn't bullied at all and was relatively popular as I was involved with lots of after school clubs in the arts so lots of people knew my name (even when I didn't know them! :8855: ) around each year group because of it.

I've just gone and tried on the size 24 trousers. half of them fit me enough to be worn properly and the other half I got on and fastened but they were a little too tight to be comfortable. Feel very strange!

ETA: just gone out for a small bar of my fave chocolate to celebrate ;) It must be near my totm if i'm craving chocolate...!!! Not especially hungry tbh - haven't been all day. Only had not quite 1400 calories today, including the chocolate bar.

Last edited:
Oh god I have been a chocolate eating monster this week due to TOTM.

Only night I didn't have any this week was last night & that's only cos I ate it all haha

Dxxx

:8855::8855: I like your style.

TBH I'm not really a big chocolate fan. I like it but my choice would always be crisps. (that I've now cut out completely aside from the pack tomorrow that has been saved as a treat). Eeek! It's only TOTM when I have to have chocolate NOWORELSEOMG!

Back