140lb to lose

Hello lovelies last night is weigh in night for me & I lost an amazing 5.5lb I am over the moon. I worked really hard so I've now lost 1 st 7lb since I joined my class :) . Being back in work certainly puts me in a routine which is good but I'm missing doing what I want when I want kind of sucks I guess. I go on holiday on the 19th October I cannot wait as this was booked pre weight loss we booked all inclusive. I've spent a lot of money for this holiday as it's a birthday present for me & my partner (she turns 30 15th October I turn 30 the 17th October) so any advice needed lol I want to enjoy my holiday so it's unlikely I will be counting calories more watching what I'm going to be eating but am I just setting myself up to fail ? Already I'm saying that October is going to be a no weightloss month my partners 30th going out with her family to celebrate going out together to celebrate then going out with my family to celebrate then our friends etc How would you approach this ? X

Hello lovelies last night is weigh in night for me & I lost an amazing 5.5lb I am over the moon. I worked really hard so I've now lost 1 st 7lb since I joined my class :) . Being back in work certainly puts me in a routine which is good but I'm missing doing what I want when I want kind of sucks I guess. I go on holiday on the 19th October I cannot wait as this was booked pre weight loss we booked all inclusive. I've spent a lot of money for this holiday as it's a birthday present for me & my partner (she turns 30 15th October I turn 30 the 17th October) so any advice needed lol I want to enjoy my holiday so it's unlikely I will be counting calories more watching what I'm going to be eating but am I just setting myself up to fail ? Already I'm saying that October is going to be a no weightloss month my partners 30th going out with her family to celebrate going out together to celebrate then going out with my family to celebrate then our friends etc How would you approach this ? X

Well done lovely! :) that's an awesome loss! :)

First of all, if you're going to be eating out of usual routine - stop your xenical a good week to 10 days before you fly. You don't want to spend your holiday in the loo!

Being on holiday of course you want to enjoy it - not least for your celebrations! You should probably take it a meal at a time though and see what is on offer and make better choices. By that I mean if you have one REALLY naughty meal (it's a celebration - of course you will!) don't get disheartened and immediatley assume it's a write off and keep it up for every single meal. Also with food - perhaps have some salad to help pad your plate out? Or a largish portion of veg, have some fruit with breakfast etc?

Maybe drink water with/before your meal to fill you up a little, stop when you feel full? Space your drinks with soft drinks too. Have lighter spirits (if you drink them) with slimline/diet versions of the tonics. It might be a non-weightloss month, but it doesn't mean you have to pile loads on :)

I'm sure others who've been away whilst on a diet will be over with a lot more practical advice :)

Weigh in night tonight nervous :( had a wee night off on Saturday was out for my dinner tried to make healthy choices fingers & toes crossed aslong as I don't gain :)

i just commented on another post about totm .... & ive pretty much been avoiding updating here. i gained 2lb!! i am gutted i know that totm always does this to me but ive basically had constant totm jan-jul. i have been feeling great losing weight & walking i just feel abit cheated. today is my 1st full day back at work i work in a call centre 9 hours a day its difficult but i know i can pop on here if i need a chat or i want to vent etc & i will be able to use this on a computer its so different on a computer anyone else find that anyway i am rambling lol i had better start work :)

Back