140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

The bust decreasing is easier than I thought it would be :D My boobs were only 3 inches smaller than I am tall (and I'm 5ft 9!) and now they're a further 13 inches down :D in about 9 months. You can do it!! :)

Ugh, I am so annoyed. i wrote a long reply to this thread using my ipad and something happened and it refreshed and wasn't there. Hate it when that happens, I am sure i have something wrong with my ipad settings!

4lbs loss for me this week. I'm ok with that, it's my second week, TOTM bloat, and as I said in the weigh in thread I am annoyed that I don't have my stats from that first week because I loves them high numbers! I feel a difference in my face and clothes so I know it's more than 4lbs i've lost in total.

Things have been going well over the past few days. I have come in under my calorie goal although I have upped it a bit because I clearly wasn't eating enough. I am LOVING scrambled eggs, spinach and mushrooms for my post-workout breakfast - it keeps me satisfied for ages and it's only 100-200 calories depending how many eggs you use (I only use 1 because I am a little worried about the cholesterol in eggs).

I have exercised and made it out of the house every morning, walking a mile before breakfast every day. Taking the morning off this morning because it's sunday and I will do something later instead.
I have downloaded the Strength and Flex podcast by the NHS and I am doing that every other day too.
I've been using youtube to find workouts, does anyone have any they can recommend to me?
SIDE NOTE - at the start of this regime my resting heart rate was 78 beats per min - it's now 68bpm. That's 10 less in 1 week. The human body is an amazing thing.

WOW Esta what a great week, your focus is brilliant and exercising every day in this cold weather is fabulous!

And well done on the loss, that's fab too :D

Thanks Susie! I can already feel the benefits! I just did the 3 miles in 45 min Leslie Sansome video and I was shattered at the end of it. I can't remember the last time I kept that level of intensity up for 45 mins without stopping for a breather!

Breakfast: Large orange, yoghurt and slice of butter free toast.
Lunch: Chicken and avocado sandwich and a pear
Dinner will be: Salmon, wild rice with garlic roasted peppers, onions, tomatoes and broccoli.

Hi estameme, well done on your weight loss, you're doing great. Im not able to exercise due illness but ive started to do a 30 min walk every other day :).....my eldest is at university in Aberystwyth, wales, so its a 7hr journey to visit :-( im looking forward to watching your weight loss journey. ..I have 7st to lose x

Fab loss & well done on all the exercise my fellow beetroot ;)

I love the Leslie Sansone walking workouts - great way to get started with more than just walking involved. I had a whole selection of them on my YouTube favourites but she's clearly had a crack down on illegally uploaded ones as my favs have disappeared :sigh: Its just annoying cause there are old ones and you can't buy them for UK DVDs. Would recommend two other channels on there - Fitness blender (great mix of different workouts at all levels) & Jessica Smith TV some good ones although find her more annoying than Leslie!

I used some of the NHS choices podcast when doing Couch to 5K but never got the Strength & Flex ones cause I do my kettlebells for that side of things.

Keep up the great work :D

I just did the 3 miles in 45 min Leslie Sansome video and I was shattered at the end of it. I can't remember the last time I kept that level of intensity up for 45 mins without stopping for a breather!

Cor that is fab hun, WTG! I'm going to look at Couch to 5K and see if it will hurt my knee...

Thanks everyone, I'm really loving getting active. Thanks for for those workout suggestions, Susie! I will definitely look into those asap. Shame that those Sansome vids have been brought down, meanies.

Update: I ran for the first time today! I did five 1 minute sprint intervals and I survived it.
Also, and this is HUGE for me...I went on a bus! I haven't used public transport in years because it means interacting and sitting in public which has been source of anxiety for me. I bought a weekly bus pass and intend on doing it again, trying to get a snowball effect going!

Breakfast: 2x multi seed toast, pear, green tea (which had me peeing ALL day)

Lunch: prawn pasta salad, grapes

Dinner: lemon chicken risotto, large salad, pistachios, large orange.

Well done you - what a fab and exciting day! So brilliant about the bus - step by step you will get there :)

Also well done on the green tea, I have tried and tried but just can't take the stuff :eatdrink017: :D

That's a great achievement. Both the bus and the running. I should send my son over to you as he'd spend all day on the buses given the chance. Keep at it.

Thanks very much for the words of encouragement, ladies :)

Just had a weird experience. Was waiting at the bus stop and an elderly lady got blown off the pavement and fell into oncoming traffic. I had to stop the cars and administer first aid! It's been a while since I've done that! Luckily she was ok, badly shaken though. I walked her to a nearby cafe and got her a cup of tea. I felt useful for once.

Exercise and food is on course today.

50 mins leslie Sansome
B- Eggs, spinach, mushrooms. Orange.
Brisk walk.
L - Salmon sushi, almonds and a pear
D - Weight watchers lasagne, salad and one slice homemade garlic toast. yoghurt.
Tonight I am going to clear out cupboard that has got into a total mess, I've been putting it off because it felt like so much effort before now.

Just had a weird experience. Was waiting at the bus stop and an elderly lady got blown off the pavement and fell into oncoming traffic. I had to stop the cars and administer first aid! It's been a while since I've done that! Luckily she was ok, badly shaken though. I walked her to a nearby cafe and got her a cup of tea. I felt useful for once.

Exercise and food is on course today.

50 mins leslie Sansome
B- Eggs, spinach, mushrooms. Orange.
Brisk walk.
L - Salmon sushi, almonds and a pear
D - Weight watchers lasagne, salad and one slice homemade garlic toast. yoghurt.
Tonight I am going to clear out cupboard that has got into a total mess, I've been putting it off because it felt like so much effort before now.

Oh my goodness! Well done you for taking care of her...(ive just got back from walking the dog and its so windy)i expect you are a little shaken yourself, you should definitely give yourself a pat on the back for what you've just done x

That must have been quite daunting for you. I wouldn't of managed to handle myself that well in that situation. Congratulations for coping so well with it.

Glad you kept up with your plan. Keep it up

Thanks folks, it definitely made me feel like I was actually living rather than just surviving, which is how I've felt for the past few years. In the past something bad happening to someone would have made me want to retreat into my home cocoon.

I'm sluggish this morning. I don't want to get up and get moving but I can't eat breakfast until I do. It's so cold today, brrrrrrrrr.

Does anyone here weigh themselves mid week to check their progress? I have to resist the urge to do it every day because I'm worried if it's not what I want I will feel demotivated.

Someone drag me out of bed please? Better still send Jessie Pavelka round to help me workout (then cuddle me after).

Thanks folks, it definitely made me feel like I was actually living rather than just surviving, which is how I've felt for the past few years. In the past something bad happening to someone would have made me want to retreat into my home cocoon.

I'm sluggish this morning. I don't want to get up and get moving but I can't eat breakfast until I do. It's so cold today, brrrrrrrrr.

Does anyone here weigh themselves mid week to check their progress? I have to resist the urge to do it every day because I'm worried if it's not what I want I will feel demotivated.

Someone drag me out of bed please? Better still send Jessie Pavelka round to help me workout (then cuddle me after).

Im definitely a serial weigher :-( I just cant seem to stop myself, I really wish I could. Its crazy because I know I could weigh on a Monday and of lost a pound and then weigh on a Tuesday and have put it back on, for no reason at all,but on weigh day it all comes good...so im determined to weigh tomorrow (weigh day) and not again until next Friday....wrap up warm and have a good day :) x

Back