140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Wow Essie, you are an inspiration. What a wonderful loss.

Hi everyone! What did you all get for Christmas? I got a gain of 10+lbs, crappy skin, lethargy and bloating. So, yey for that.
Anyway, it's done. Lesson that I learnt is that I am not cured. A whole year of decent eating, creating new habits and poof...down the rabbit hole. Had serious words with myself and I'm back on it. Too early to be all cocky about it, it's only been two days, but I think the switch has flipped and The Carbs are screaming my name a little quieter.
So, I'm not changing my stats because that would be depressing but I was 203.5lbs at the end of November, I was 217.8 yesterday, 214 today...so we'll see where how much water weight I was carrying by the end of this week, and then I can get onto losing the rest of what's left of the gain and then make some headway into kicking some fresh fat in the blubber bucket in the next couple of weeks.
I can see that a lot of folks have put some junk in the trunk, I guess it's one of those Christmas things, but there is always the worry that you won't be able to get back on track, ever again. Scary stuff.
Got out for a run this morning, I've eaten correctly and drank all my h20. Signed up for my first 5k in April with a view to running my first 10k in August. I always said I wanted to run one before I am 40, and I'm going to bloody well do it! xxxx

Hi Essie, 8.8lb for me. I'm strangely pleased. I know what you say about not being cured is true. I have lost weight so many times then just put it all back on again that I came to the conclusion that I needed a sustainable plan for life that will deal with times when I overeat without allowing me to go right back up and then some. I weighed in on the last monday of the month, which is my regular weigh in day. Normally if I had been eating like I did at xmas I would have skipped it and when I did get back on the scales I would be back over 18st. So for me the monthly compulsory weigh in is working. I have been back on plan food wise since 2nd and was meant to be back exercise wise yesterday, didn't happen because of domestic crisis, but did do 10 mins on exercise bike. The reason I'm pleased is because this year I have stepped off and on plan 3 times for holidays and still managed to end the year 2.5st lighter even if I didn't quite get to Onderland. The fear of not getting back on track is real but my COMMITMENT to getting on the scales once a month has really helped instead of every day for a few months then not at all for a few years.:eek:

The 5k sounds like a great idea. I know you will do it. x

Essie, you never fail to make me giggle, and what you say is SO true.
I thought the same about learning lessons, I was totally the same. 'Enjoying xmas' for me consisted of stuffing my face with chocolate, junk, biscuits, mince pies every chance I got. I am GREEDY ... But at least I bloody enjoyed it!!
Now back on plan, and happy again! Can see myself sticking to plan for a while now which is good.

You're so close to your one-Declan's, I hope you smash through it soon. I'm sure there are a few more pounds of water in your gain that will whoosh off soon.

Good on you for the running. A 10k is an amazing goal, and it will be great to see you achieve it xxxx

...The Carbs are screaming my name a little quieter...then make some headway into kicking some fresh fat in the blubber bucket in the next couple of weeks.

I just love the imagery, babes! :D I put on about 3lbs - quite moderate for me - but can't say any of the rest of my behaviour has changed positively...

So excited for you re the marathon though, that is a really wonderful goal - and one you will crack no problem! xxx

essie you will smash through to the onelander very soon x

Definitely just one of those Christmas things. I have every confidence that you'll be able to get back on track. :)

And well done, signing up for your first 5k! That's fantastic. :D

Ah thanks for the encouragement everyone. Last week was a good one I lost almost 11lbs of my gain. Just 3.5lbs to go to be back to where I was at at the end of November. Feel completely back on track. Managed to navigate what could have been a tricky week, so I'm pleased with myself. Hopefully I've had a metabolism reset too so I'm gunning for Onederland in the next week or so.
Besides that I'm starting a Mindfit course tomorrow, which I'm hoping to get a lot from for my next part of my two year plan - get back to work, potentially move house etc. I want 2016 to be a year where I reap what I've sown. Eye on the prize and all that.

Let's keep up the good work everyone xxx

hi essie
2016 is going to be your year love

Have just read through your diary and you are an inspiration

I so admire your discipline Essie. You got it going on chick. May 2016 be your year :) So completely deserved.

Have you changed your eating style much since the beginning times-plans n stuff ?

Happy 2016 x (Lottie)

Back