140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

I've just downloaded the WaterBalance app, HunnyBee, thanks for mentioning it. I love inputing data and seeing progress, so this is perfect! Cool graphics too, looks like it could be fun.

Thanks Susie :) 3lb chalked off the to-do list!

I must work out how to reply with quotes via my iPhone. I had no luck with the App because it doesn't seem to have any option to even post a message, so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong there.

Haven't done any exercise today. Might go for a walk but it's so cold...the motivation is evading me.

B- All bran semi skimmed milk
L - Breaded chicken style quorn x 4 (59 cals each) and loads of salad. Orange.
D - Grilled chicken breast with 4 new potatoes served with runner beans, broccoli, carrots and a small amount of gravy.

Well done x

Struggling with motivation today but I've kept on track with my eating. Feeling over emotional at the moment. I would usually turn to food for comfort (fatty foods in particular) so I'm trying to find other ways to deal with it.
I haven't been out of the house for a couple of days and I'm feeling a bit anxious that I'm slipping back into old habits.
Need to dust myself off tomorrow.

B- Bran Flakes, Fruit and nuts
L - Chicken Salad sandwich (with mayo) yoghurt, pear
D- Chicken and roasted butternut squash pasta with steamed vegetables

Struggling with motivation today but I've kept on track with my eating. Feeling over emotional at the moment. I would usually turn to food for comfort (fatty foods in particular) so I'm trying to find other ways to deal with it.
I haven't been out of the house for a couple of days and I'm feeling a bit anxious that I'm slipping back into old habits.
Need to dust myself off tomorrow.

B- Bran Flakes, Fruit and nuts
L - Chicken Salad sandwich (with mayo) yoghurt, pear
D- Chicken and roasted butternut squash pasta with steamed vegetables

Well done for staying on track hun...its a massive achievement to have not reached for food to console yourself.i too havent been out for a few days, and hope to at least try a little walk around the block ,so lets hope we both find the strength to go out tomorrow x

Did you manage to get out today, HoneyBee? I haven't yet. I was going to go to my mums but came up with excuses not to go. I have no idea why.

I did get up and do some HIIT cardio this morning before breakfast so I feel on track with that part, which is good.

Hope you're having a good day!

Did you manage to get out today, HoneyBee? I haven't yet. I was going to go to my mums but came up with excuses not to go. I have no idea why.

I did get up and do some HIIT cardio this morning before breakfast so I feel on track with that part, which is good.

Hope you're having a good day!

Well done on the exercise :) when I got up this morning I stayed in my pjs and just couldn't get myself up and dressed...then I remembered I said id try...so I got dressed, and walked the dog around the block :)
Hope you have a good evening

Fine day eating wise today. Had an Asda delivery so now the cupboards are full of healthy stuff! It feels great to know everything I need is available...let's see how long the salad stays fresh for.

B - Cereal and Banana (Soya Milk)
L - Chicken pasta salad. Orange
D - Weight watchers cottage pie, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Yoghurt.
Snack - Packet of Skips, few almonds.

Going to snuggle up and watch the Liverpool game now. I'd usually make an event of it by ordering in food but that's not me anymore! Hurrah!!

Fine day eating wise today. Had an Asda delivery so now the cupboards are full of healthy stuff! It feels great to know everything I need is available...let's see how long the salad stays fresh for.

B - Cereal and Banana (Soya Milk)
L - Chicken pasta salad. Orange
D - Weight watchers cottage pie, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Yoghurt.
Snack - Packet of Skips, few almonds.

Going to snuggle up and watch the Liverpool game now. I'd usually make an event of it by ordering in food but that's not me anymore! Hurrah!!

I love ww cottage pie...such an easy dinner with a bag of steamed veg :)

I love the steamed veg too, hunnybee. Calorie counted, quick and easy. Perfect if only cooking for one person too.

Thanks Chezz!

Had another decent day food wise again. Beginning to fell trapped at home again though so perhaps I need to talk to my doctor about increasing my meds.

B - Oats so Simple, raisins
L - Reduced fat cheese spread on dark rye ryvitas, huge salad and a pear.
D - Veggie chili with brown rice.
Snacks - WW caramel bar. Orange.

Hope everyone has had a good day!

I love the steamed veg too, hunnybee. Calorie counted, quick and easy. Perfect if only cooking for one person too.

Thanks Chezz!

Had another decent day food wise again. Beginning to fell trapped at home again though so perhaps I need to talk to my doctor about increasing my meds.

B - Oats so Simple, raisins
L - Reduced fat cheese spread on dark rye ryvitas, huge salad and a pear.
D - Veggie chili with brown rice.
Snacks - WW caramel bar. Orange.

Hope everyone has had a good day!

How's it going? :)

I'm doing great thanks! How are you getting on at the moment? Hope you are feeling healthier x

I started reading the book 'Eating less' and I'm finding it really useful. It's made me question a lot of the weight loss 'techniques' in using at the moment and I definitely going to be implementing some changes.

First and foremost - I'm not going to weight myself weekly. I may do monthly updates but that's about it. I want to focus on controlling my over eating, making healthy choices and increasing my self esteem and self worth as I improve my health. Weight loss will be a side effect.

That means stop denying myself food groups, eating what I need not what I want, and exercising for the health benefits (improved circulation, better skin, healthier heart, longer life) rather than to see an arbitrary number go down on the scales.

It suggests I make a list of all the negative effects my over eating has had on my health and lifestyle (not on my shape or appearance)
So I'm jotting some thoughts down here.
1. Feel out of control of my life, feel like food is controlling all my thoughts
2. Not living. Hardly ever go out and don't see any friends because of low self esteem.
3. Feel a lot older than my age. I know if I carry on not putting my health first I might die young. Even if I don't die young I'm not living a full life NOW.
4. Can't face putting myself forward for jobs. I have a lot to offer and my unhealthy lifestyle is holding me back.
5. I feel angry, depressed, paranoid, and hyper critical of myself.
6. No matter how much I wash myself I never feel properly clean.
7. I'm avoiding relationships with pretty much everyone, especially men.
8. Pain in knees; pain in bottom of back due to large breasts; swollen ankles (poor circulation); IBS from poor diet; feel that I could be about to develop diabetes; poor lung function; not flexible; lethargy; headaches;

ALL of those issues can either be helped or eliminated by controlling my food addiction and putting my health first. If I don't make changes those issues are going to get worse. I have a choice what to eat - I can eat whatever I want but I have to be accountable to myself if I make a choice that does not put my health first.
Hopefully I will soon be able to compile a list of all the positive changes I see in my physical and psychological health.

In fact I can list one already -

1. I feel like my focus is shifting to where it needs to be to heal my mind and my body. It feels empowering.

This is great, Estameme - really fab to feel you moving towards controlling the issues that are stopping you from doing the things you really want to do!

Keep it up, love! xxx

This is great, Estameme - really fab to feel you moving towards controlling the issues that are stopping you from doing the things you really want to do!

Keep it up, love! xxx

Thanks so much, Susie. I also want to say that you are a great motivator on here. I see you commenting and supporting people all the time - it's appreciated. :)

food today:
B -Fruit and Nuts
L - Vegetable soup, 2 slices of nimble and an orange
D - Chicken hotpot, cauliflower, broccoli and sweetcorn. Yoghurt.

Oh thanks sweetie, what a lovely thing to say :).

I love people coming in to my diary to encourage, and also love doing the same to others, like your good self :D

:D You're welcome!

Just checking in. I don't have much to share other than Ive had a good day :) Spoke to docs and had medication increased so we shall see how that goes. I've walked quite a bit too, about 3 miles at this point, hopefully do a little more after my dinner has settled.

B- Apple, Bran flakes, semi skimmed milk.
L - Dark Rye Crispbreads, low fat soft cheese, tomatoes. Yoghurt & Blueberries.
D - Beef and sweet potato stew with lentils and veg
snacks - cashew nuts (15)
water - 2l
Hope everyone is feeling good :)

:D You're welcome!

Just checking in. I don't have much to share other than Ive had a good day :) Spoke to docs and had medication increased so we shall see how that goes. I've walked quite a bit too, about 3 miles at this point, hopefully do a little more after my dinner has settled.

B- Apple, Bran flakes, semi skimmed milk.
L - Dark Rye Crispbreads, low fat soft cheese, tomatoes. Yoghurt & Blueberries.
D - Beef and sweet potato stew with lentils and veg
snacks - cashew nuts (15)
water - 2l
Hope everyone is feeling good :)

Well done on the walking,your food is looking good.I did some walking yesterday, im aching a bit today though lol

sounds like you are doing fab with your walking hun xxxx

Sounds like a great day hun - and well done for getting to the doc and talking it through. It's all upbeatness from here, lovely :D xxx

Back