140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Great loss and some fab acheivements :D

Keep up the good work x

Thanks so much! It's folks like you that keep me motivated too - your stats and achievements make me excited for the future :)

Hi Essie,
I love plant nanny it really does (usually) lol keep me on track with the water,

I'm at Bolton atm so not too far , an hours train journey ,
But yes it can be awkward trying to stay on plan , if I'm really focused I can do it but when not feeling it I can struggle, and if he cooks if no way slimming world friendly lol,

But I'm determined tomorrow to get my butt into gear , I won't be back here till Wednesday / Thursday next week so that gives me a week and a half to be on plan hopefully see a loss and then I should be back into it , fingers crossed ,

How's your day going hun ?

A man who cooks? Youve won the lottery there hun...now if you can just get him on plan too that'd be perfection!

I am having a lazy afternoon watching the rugby and reading. I'm going to walk and jog through the second half though, I'm just struggling to lift my limbs off the sofa at the moment :)

Up to anything good today?

A man who cooks? Youve won the lottery there hun...now if you can just get him on plan too that'd be perfection! I am having a lazy afternoon watching the rugby and reading. I'm going to walk and jog through the second half though, I'm just struggling to lift my limbs off the sofa at the moment :) Up to anything good today?

No I'm having a chill day too, went out earlier for a walk round but now on the sofa , might do a but of reading aswell ,

Essie wooooozer on your loss hun, that's great! :D

And I also really love the list :))) of things where you're noticing improvements, that is really wonderful :D

Thanks for the support ladies :)

Hey all, checking in this evening after getting out of the house to walk to the library and back again (about three miles) without feeling mega out of breath (except on the hilly bits but surely everyone must feel like that?). It was during rush hour when all the cars are stopped beside you as you walk and I didn't give it a second thought until I got home. Ordinarily I'd hate walking past cars and vans because of the potential for rude comments (this has never happened but my anxiety disorder likes to mess with my head). So, all in all I've made progress.

Frustrated to discover that my pedometer had stopped working at some point but it's not the end of the world I suppose. Actually, who am I trying to kid? I was raging for a moment or two, hehe.

Food has been ok again today:
B - Cereal and fruit
L - Chicken and rocket wrap with grapes and baked crisps
D - Salmon with spinach, sweet potato mash.
Snacks - Orange, almonds.

Hope everyone is well :)

Ordinarily I'd hate walking past cars and vans because of the potential for rude comments (this has never happened but my anxiety disorder likes to mess with my head). So, all in all I've made progress.

Wow another fabulous step forward - and you're not alone in thinking about potential comments, I expect them too - but try to make a joke out of them - next time you go past a load of cars or a group of people, imagine them all naked :D

A woman at work today was talking to me and her eyes constantly flicked to my boobs - not surprising I guess because well, because they are huge, but it was still rude of her - half of me wanted to tell her to stop and embarrass both of us but the other much more evil half of me wanted to just slap her :D. But she already has really bad rosacea, so her face is red enough! :D :angeldevil:

Last edited:
lolol susie

well done hun with your walking and diet your doing great x x x

Morning Essie
How you today ? X

Sent from Yvonne's iPhone

Hey! I'm good thanks :) Trying to motivate myself to head to the shops. Might go to town centre Sainsburys to have a mooch cos I've not been in yet. Have you been in? Do you know if the cafe does anything healthy to eat?

How's you today? Back to work?

Hey! I'm good thanks :) Trying to motivate myself to head to the shops. Might go to town centre Sainsburys to have a mooch cos I've not been in yet. Have you been in? Do you know if the cafe does anything healthy to eat? How's you today? Back to work?

Hi Essie ,
I've been to the sainsburys but not to the cafe , im at work but not at my branch in covering at one nearer home , nice and handy xx

Hi Essie ,
I've been to the sainsburys but not to the cafe , im at work but not at my branch in covering at one nearer home , nice and handy xx

Well I hope that means earlier home and into the warm? I didn't end up going to Sainsburys, was feeling a little flaky and didn't want to have to be tempted into making unhealthy choices.

-----

Im a bit out of sorts tonight. I've had a couple of late nights and I've given myself less time to get breakfast. I think I've thrown my schedule off a bit and it's making me hungry. Need to get back into the early rising groove tomorrow because I'm going to start sabotaging myself. I was so tempted to go to the chippy for my tea but I've decided its chicken hotpot, carrots cauliflower broccoli and spinach instead. Now I'm eating with awareness I'm noticing how much I want to comfort eat when I feel down. I was really using food as a way to deal with stress.
I think I'm also feeling a little lonely. God that sounds pathetic when I write it down, but the house is so quiet without the kids here and the dog (she died the week before Christmas). I'm considering joining a slimming club to give me something social to do that I might stick with although I'm a bit short of money so will have to do some penny pinching if I want to go. Sorry for being a misery folks, just trying to find my way without covering it up with food.

Hope everyone is well and Tuesday has been good to you all x

Well I hope that means earlier home and into the warm? I didn't end up going to Sainsburys, was feeling a little flaky and didn't want to have to be tempted into making unhealthy choices. ----- Im a bit out of sorts tonight. I've had a couple of late nights and I've given myself less time to get breakfast. I think I've thrown my schedule off a bit and it's making me hungry. Need to get back into the early rising groove tomorrow because I'm going to start sabotaging myself. I was so tempted to go to the chippy for my tea but I've decided its chicken hotpot, carrots cauliflower broccoli and spinach instead. Now I'm eating with awareness I'm noticing how much I want to comfort eat when I feel down. I was really using food as a way to deal with stress. I think I'm also feeling a little lonely. God that sounds pathetic when I write it down, but the house is so quiet without the kids here and the dog (she died the week before Christmas). I'm considering joining a slimming club to give me something social to do that I might stick with although I'm a bit short of money so will have to do some penny pinching if I want to go. Sorry for being a misery folks, just trying to find my way without covering it up with food. Hope everyone is well and Tuesday has been good to you all x

Hi Essie
Yes I was home at a decent time for once ,
Well done on resisting temptation , I'm pretty similar round food ,
Know what you mean bout joining a class , that's one of the reasons I stopped going I was struggling financially , but that's when some weight did start going back on , so for me it's mixed feelings ,

I've decided its chicken hotpot, carrots cauliflower broccoli and spinach instead. Now I'm eating with awareness I'm noticing how much I want to comfort eat when I feel down. I was really using food as a way to deal with stress.

I think I'm also feeling a little lonely. God that sounds pathetic when I write it down, but the house is so quiet without the kids here and the dog (she died the week before Christmas). I'm considering joining a slimming club to give me something social to do that I might stick with although I'm a bit short of money so will have to do some penny pinching if I want to go. Sorry for being a misery folks, just trying to find my way without covering it up with food.

Hope everyone is well and Tuesday has been good to you all x

Wow good on you Essie, for sticking to plan - and you know what jumped out at me, when you said - "Now I'm eating with awareness..." - brilliant way of putting it.

And of course it's not pathetic to say you feel lonely - completely understandable (and I'm sorry to hear about your dog). Why do you think I talk to my cat LOL! :D. What's more interesting is when I think she talks back :D (yep, crazy cat lady here).

Re slimming club classes, go and see your doctor - you can get a 12 week referral to SW or WW, so you don't have to pay anything.

Well done for staying on plan Essie. You should be super proud to have dealt with the trigger and done something different.

The WW monthly pass is only 10 for the first month just now so that would give you 4 meetings worth if you were unable to get referred. They don't refer people in Scotland so it is a great option.

Big hugs x

Big goal - 35lb in 35 weeks
1st mini goal - 8.5 by Feb 11th DONE!!!

Weigh-in day Tuesday
Week 1-4 - 10.5lb gone

Good idea about seeing the doctor, thanks ladies, I didn't realise they did vouchers. Perhaps I need to work on going out more frequently first because I'd hate to get 12 weeks free and not manage to go. I like to dangle carrots like this in front of me, it gives me something to work towards.

Feeling better today and I am proud of the fact I didn't turn to food. My god the temptation though, it sneaks up on you! I'm going to have to be on my guard from now on!

My brother lives in Australia and he had his first child last August. He wanted to pay for me to go over with my mum but I was stupidly too nervous to go. Another thing that I couldn't do because of out of control eating. Anyway, my mum is stillgoing in a week or two so we are going holiday clothes shopping for her tomorrow. In the past I'd be coming up with excuses the night before as to why I can't go with her, basically I used to make up lies which is awful. I'm determined never to do that again, so shopping it is!
As for today, I've not done a lot at all :/ Going to work out before my dinner. Wind is blowing a gale today and I want to hibernate.

B - Oatmeal and honey
L - Quorn goujons with salad and light mayo
D - Lemon chicken risotto, salad
snacks - TBD

Well done on staying strong. You should be very proud of yourself.

As a fellow animal & especially doggy lover I feel your loss. I felt so lonely after mine died. I would often chat to him although you'll all be pleased to learn he never replied or answered back but I know he did listen and understand :) It is like losing a good friend & family member all at once :(

Hang on in there you're doing brilliantly xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Back