140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

TOTM is a nightmare, my energy levels go through the floor. Good luck with the next run.

Don't worry about the seatbelt, you are making fantastic progress, it will be no issue at all before you know it.

X

Started 20/01/15
19.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

That seatbelt annoyed me! I spent a lot of my twenties around the 20st mark and the blummin seat belts fit me fine then...grrrr. I wasn't even close though! My step-dad said 'oh it should fit' and I just said 'nope, boobies say no' and just let it go. Didn't check to see if it was caught on something because I was mortified! We don't have the best of relationships (he is a critical man) so I was annoyed he got to see that. That seatbelt is my new nemesis! One day soon I'll be dashing to that car and the belt with have space in it!

Right, so today I could eat the world. Star week makes me soooooo hungry! All I'm doing is thinking about food. Thank god I shop for only what I need, otherwise the temptation to snack would be overwhelming right now. I don't even know if it's real hunger, I just think I WANT things.
Got my daughter popping home for a couple of hours at short notice, so c25k will have to wait until she leaves later. If I make it through the night without ordering food, going to the corner shop or killing someone, it'll be a miracle. Pray for me and all who come into contact with me.

Oh sweetie you poor thing, hope the Hunger Monster has been flung out the window!

After I had a weekend just like that, I did as Shelley suggested and bought the Little Book of Light Bites at club tonight and there are some great things in it, all common sense and not new but all in one little book which I like -

- mushroom pate
- speedy houmous
- butternut squash dip
- ham wrapped
- turkey and bacon ranch wraps
- sweet potato wedges with garlic dip
- Italian stuffed peaches

and so on - yell if you want me to post any of these xxx

aww est bless you love x x x

Nom, some of those look good! What's speedy about the speedy hummus?

Well, no-one got killed today and I stuck to my calories. However, my daughter came round and had already eaten so I didn't get my dinner until gone 9pm! That's the first time I've eaten past 7pm since I started my journey and it feels odd! It was one of the slimming world vegetable pastas and the portion was huge! It feels weird being this full as I get into bed. It's also meant c25k didn't get done again! This is what happens when I let people in the front door :)

Food -
b Yoghurt and fruit salad
L Quorn ham with salad and ryvitas
d - slimming world vegetable pasta
snacks - orange, pistachios, cottage cheese and celery
water - 2l
exercise - nada

Stressful morning. My mum set off for Australia a few hours ago on an Airbus, not long after (about an hour) there were reports of an Airbus crashing in the Alps probably killing everyone on board. Those few seconds of panic while I found out what airline was absolutely awful. While my mum is fine and currently flying over Russia, there are so many people finding out that news and experienced the same feelings as I did, only to have their fears confirmed. So so sad. I'm now tracking my mums flight like a crazy person. Won't settle until she reaches Singapore and then Melbourne.
My response to this has been abnormal, and it's made me realise that I'm not out of the woods when it comes to my anxiety disorder. I know a lot of people would feel the same initial reaction as I did, but I can't seem to let it go.

thats must have a been a horrid feeling est one i never want to go through
thinking off the other families bless for there loss x

Thanks ladies. I managed to distract myself by having a Mad Men marathon, batch cooking and then doing some exercise. Eating was fine and back into my usual routine. Finally got round to C25k so I'm pleased with that, I could sense I was likely not to do it again if I left it much longer. I actually started it and got a phone call almost halfway through so I had to restart it from the beginning after my dinner. The universe was testing my mettle.

B - Didn't eat bfast
L - Scrambled eggs, mushrooms, vegetarian bacon and tomatoes. Slice of toast.
D - Vegetable lentil and chickpea curry with brown rice. Made a batch of this for the freezer.
snacks - Banana, pineapple chunks. I didn't consume enough calories today but I didn't feel like eating until 2pm so only had a five hour feeding window.
Water - 3l
Exercise - C25k week 2 Day 2 (30 mins plus 10 mins from failed attempt) Zumba 45mins, 7 min HIIT full body.

Evening sweetie - glad your mum got off Ok - but awful timing! I am a terrible flyer (I'm the one that makes those little - totally unnecessary - screams at every little bump!) but I always console myself with the fact that the actual chances of being in a crash are minuscule.

The speedy houmous is speed because you can make it in 10 minutes and goes like this -

A can of chickpeas
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fat free yog
pinch smoked paprika
Sat/pepper if you add it

Put the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and yog in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and ground pepper, add more lemon juice to taste and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne for extra spice.

It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and is free on EE.

hi hun glad your ok lovely x x x

Well done on doing the C25K despite all your stress.

Glad your Mum has arrived safely. :)

Hope you are having a good week

Started 20/01/15
21.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 - 24/03/15
10% -
2st -

Evening sweetie - glad your mum got off Ok - but awful timing! I am a terrible flyer (I'm the one that makes those little - totally unnecessary - screams at every little bump!) but I always console myself with the fact that the actual chances of being in a crash are minuscule.

The speedy houmous is speed because you can make it in 10 minutes and goes like this -

A can of chickpeas
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fat free yog
pinch smoked paprika
Sat/pepper if you add it

Put the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and yog in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and ground pepper, add more lemon juice to taste and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne for extra spice.

It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days and is free on EE.

Making the hummus tomorrow! Shall let you know how it goes :) thanks chick x

Thank you Laura and Chezz :) Things still going well here, a lot less stress than I was earlier in the week!

----

Daughter came home for a month today. Did a menu and food shopping so everything is all planned for. Had a lovely evening and then did the last day of week 2 C25k. It was really nice to have some company.
Had a cheeky weigh in, I'm bang on 300lbs...Two town is so close :) won't weigh in until Sunday though, I'm not expecting star week to play ball.

Food -
B - Toast peanut butter
L - carrot and swede soup. Orange
d - Chicken breast, mushrooms in red wine sauce and colcannon mash, broccoli and cauliflower. Grapes.
Snacks - pistachios, sultanas.
Water - 2l
Exercise - wk 2 day 3 c25k + quite a lot of housework and moving furniture.
Hope everyone is well :)

hi est hope you had a good day love x x

Really happy to get into the 200s this week by losing 3lbs, especially since it was an awful star week.

NSVs
Learning from mistakes last time daughter came home, feel much more in control.
I remained active even though I didn't really want to. I upped my calories to facilitate it.
Definitely relaxed into the process a lot more this week, hence not updating here quite so regularly. Still logging everything via MFP, but haven't felt the need to write emotions surrounding food down.
Completed week 2 c25k.
My physical and mental health didn't feel so great, felt bloated and down most of the week, but didn't let it impact motivation. Hopefully next week will be brighter, but I know that if it's not, I won't let it shake my resolve.

Hope everyone is doing well x

WOOHOO great news Essie - despite totm you are in a whole new weight bracket!!!! :D

This week is going to be fabulous - no bloating and just yummy food to have! :)

Cliché I know, but EVERY journey starts with the first step. Well done you.

Can I ask how you get the ticker tapes things - I am with MyFitnessPal but not very good at using it.

Keep going, we'll make it together!

Well done hun
Really really happy for you xxx

Back