140lbs+ to lose - walking it off!

Wow well done you - 4lbs is massive, you've blasted through that brick wall!!!

Can def agree with everyone that there is a really noticeable difference in your face - you're a very pretty lady :) xxxx

T one big difference is the amount of time I can stand comfortably for. When I was unfit I couldn't browse the shelves in shops for any length of time, or peruse the library books without wants to sit down. Now I don't even notice that I'm standing, which is of course how it should be. The little walks that felt like treks in the beginning are now routes that I don't even consider a 'walk'.

I'm noticing the same thing, isn't it brilliant?! I used to get an ache right along my lower back if i stood for more than 5 minutes - now all gone! :D

Hope your daughter gets better soon! And good luck for tomorrow :)

esse
well done on the 4lb loss love glad your lump is going down now love and glad you noticing changes in your life x

Well done on a brilliant loss ,
Noticing changed is fab , I was the same with walking , when I first went with Bruv in law, central to North pier almost killed me , the car was at the savoy I had to get a tram, the but that made me determined to complete the walk next time , and in quite a short time we were doing savoy to pleasure beach and back every night which was 6 miles ,
Well done on standing for longer and your collarbones, it's an amazing feeling ,
You are doing so well ,

Thanks peeps, you're such a supportive bunch. I'm definitely looking forward to more prom walks, Vonnie. Once your knee is better im going to hold you to that walk you said you'd go on with me!

Busy week of essay writing, laundry, clothes shopping and packing for daughters trip away on her first teaching placement. My how quickly they grow :)

Pleased to report that I bought a top in a size 22 and a pair of trousers in a 24. I'd been wearing size 30-32s (I don't like tops that are tight, I was probably more of a 30 than a 32. Now I'm between a 24/26 and a 22/24. Progress! It's an odd experience browsing clothes rails because my first thought has always been 'do they go up to my size' and immediately flick to the back of the rack. I tried on a size 26-28 top and hated myself in it - until my daughter popped her head around the changing room curtains and said 'that's because it's massive on you mum, you need a couple of sizes down' - are there any words sweeter than that sentence??

Anyway, time to go out and do some stationary and make up shopping and then get lunch out. Feeling very happy with how my mental and physical health is progressing at the moment, and long may it continue. Hope you are all very well, will pop round everyone diaries this evening! Keep fighting the fight, folks xx

Pleased to report that I bought a top in a size 22 and a pair of trousers in a 24. I'd been wearing size 30-32s (I don't like tops that are tight, I was probably more of a 30 than a 32. Now I'm between a 24/26 and a 22/24. Progress! It's an odd experience browsing clothes rails because my first thought has always been 'do they go up to my size' and immediately flick to the back of the rack. I tried on a size 26-28 top and hated myself in it - until my daughter popped her head around the changing room curtains and said 'that's because it's massive on you mum, you need a couple of sizes down' - are there any words sweeter than that sentence??

Oh hun that is brilliant, out of the mouths of babes, eh? :). Sometimes it takes someone else to tell us the truth, I've been living with the "fat clothes only" mentality for so long, it's a real shock to go down a size. But it's wonderful when we do! This morning I tried on two pairs of (albeit elastic waisted) trews I'd been given, they are a 24, and they fit comfortably. I'm very like you, hate tight fitting things, always have. I wear linen tunics and even I have to admit now that they are all way too big for me, so time to buy new ones and sell the old on eBay :D

Fab news - and lovely to hear about positive clothes shopping.

im similar to you - size 28-30 now down to 22-24 and now starting to look at a few more shops... Actually having more options of places to shop is a bit daunting!! If you're looking for bargains, then places like asda, sainsburys do really nice stuff for reasonable prices and go up to 22-24 xx

aww esse thats great news love and so lovely for your daughter to say it bless x x x

It's been such a busy week this week, fun but busy. Lost 3lbs this week, which takes me to 51lbs lost! I got a shiny half century sticky!

Havent been updating or commenting on here much because I've been so busy but will come round and have a nosey later on this evening. Things are going great guns at my end - although TOTM is almost a week late....immaculate conception anyone? I've felt bloated all week so not 100% sure what's going on with that.

Anyway, when I think about how much my life has changed while losing that 50lbs it makes me so excited for the next few months (or however long it takes) and the next 50lbs to come off.

Congrats on the 50lbs !!! Wonderful achievement, and glad you can feel the difference - you've earnt it!!!

my TOTM has been messed about a bit by weight loss - not majorly but have had some Late/early ones...

Wow Essie that is so fabulous!!!!! 50lbs!!!

You are doing so brilliantly, it gives me real joy to see you sprinting away in the weight loss race :D :chores016:

Sxxxx

It's been such a busy week this week, fun but busy. Lost 3lbs this week, which takes me to 51lbs lost! I got a shiny half century sticky!

Havent been updating or commenting on here much because I've been so busy but will come round and have a nosey later on this evening. Things are going great guns at my end - although TOTM is almost a week late....immaculate conception anyone? I've felt bloated all week so not 100% sure what's going on with that.

Anyway, when I think about how much my life has changed while losing that 50lbs it makes me so excited for the next few months (or however long it takes) and the next 50lbs to come off.

Hi there, sorry hope you don't mind me jumping in but I have a lot of weight to lose and was just wondering how many calories you have every day? You have done so well!

Thanks everyone, it's nice to feel lighter!

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question MrsEvans, I try to stay between 1800cals per day, but the past couple of weeks I was going lower than that (around 1500) and that could have been a mistake...I wish you well on your journey!!

This week has been an odd one, my period still hasn't arrived and it's making me feel very bleurgh. It's now at least two weeks late, I feel bloated, skin break out, hurting boobies...all the crappy symptoms but no relief. I have purposely upped my calorie intake to 2000 to make sure that it's not down to too few calories, and I have an appointment at the doctors to make sure that there isn't something else going on. I'd like a blood test so I can check my iron levels and I've invested in some b vitamin complex and magnesium tabs. Crazy thing is, I feel full of energy, I don't feel deficient in anything, so perhaps the rapid weight loss has affected my estrogen levels and will eventually level out again (?). I don't expect to lose anything this week, but that's fine.
It's been such a mental battle to eat more though. I'm fairly one track minded when I start something so changing something that appears to be working so well (on the scales at least) seems odd to me. BUT this isn't about weight, it's about my health and I want to make sure that whatever action I take I am doing the correct thing for my body.
As you may have picked up from that paragraph my anxiety is back! Bit of a chicken/egg situation I think.

My plan is to try to step back and detach myself from what happens regarding the scales this week, it shall be an experimental week for me!

Hope everyone one is doing great!

It's been such a mental battle to eat more though. I'm fairly one track minded when I start something so changing something that appears to be working so well (on the scales at least) seems odd to me. BUT this isn't about weight, it's about my health and I want to make sure that whatever action I take I am doing the correct thing for my body.

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit p@nts. What you've said above is so perfect. It should be about being healthy and happy not the number on the scales. Hope period arrives (even though thats never a good thing!) & you feel much better x

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question MrsEvans, I try to stay between 1800cals per day, but the past couple of weeks I was going lower than that (around 1500) and that could have been a mistake...I wish you well on your journey!!

Thanks for replying, yes that's about what I try and do. Doesn't always work that way tho lol x

Back