15+ stones to lose...

lovehirano

Hi all,

I had joined SW before and done well but just gave up and put it all back on :(

I decided enough was enough and joined last week, and just as well as my best friend announced her engagement last night, so in possibly a year from now I will be in a lot of wedding photos as bridesmaid!!

I am currently 27 stone so have A LOT to lose and at the minute it kind of seems like it can never happen! I would love to think I can lose 8 stone in a year but I know its a big challenge.

Has anyone ever lost a large amount like this or know anyone who has?

Lisa

Yes, someone from our group lost 12 stones. She was in the magazine and she was also in the finals for Woman of the Year 2012.
She just took it a half stone at a time, and she covered her fridge with all her awards and certificates, and looks totally different now.
She felt the same way at the start, but she totally believes in the support and help in group.

I started off where you are but have taken a very very scenic route to goal sabotaging my losses loads panicing about setting goals and hitting targets and in my eyes only failing, my advice to you would be to really cut yourself some slack you've made the best choice ever joining slimming world and as above take it one 7lb at a time they soon add up to stones and Im finding this site invaluable for advice and recipes and ideas something ive found here more than anywhere else is the big losers here eat very basically they don't tweak the plan as much as friends of mine in group and don't try and cheat and get away with it lol and above all else they write everything down ... good luck lovely keep posting and enjoy it xx

Thankyou everyone :)

Think I def have to take it half a stone at a time. The end result seems soooo far away!!

First weigh in on Thursday so lets hope for good loss :) x

Welcome to SW! You're at the beginning of an exciting journey that will change your relationship to food forever. I'm excited for you!

Like the previous posters my advice would be to get your eyes off that horizon and onto your garden path. I only looked to the next few pounds, tbh- the first target I set was over 12 months into plan, after losing 5 stone.

If you aim for 1 or 2lb a week you'll happy with that and delighted at more.

Looking forward to hearing about your successes! X x

Hi all,

I had joined SW before and done well but just gave up and put it all back on :(

I decided enough was enough and joined last week, and just as well as my best friend announced her engagement last night, so in possibly a year from now I will be in a lot of wedding photos as bridesmaid!!

I am currently 27 stone so have A LOT to lose and at the minute it kind of seems like it can never happen! I would love to think I can lose 8 stone in a year but I know its a big challenge.

Has anyone ever lost a large amount like this or know anyone who has?

Lisa

I lost nine stone in a year. Because you are so big your body will be willing you to lose it, you can comfortable lose 1% of your body weight every week and be safe. If you stick to plan you can be losing three to four pounds week in week out. It can melt away.

Good luck to you, as others have said take things slowly and don't be too hard on yourself :)

Just wanted to say hiya and good luck. Im with you all the way! Im currently 27st 6lbs but 3 weeks ago I was 28st 8.5lbs did a week before I joined 2 weeks ago. If u want to chat just give me a shout :) x

Just wanted to say hiya and good luck. Im with you all the way! Im currently 27st 6lbs but 3 weeks ago I was 28st 8.5lbs did a week before I joined 2 weeks ago. If u want to chat just give me a shout :) x

Thats a great start... It is not unrealistic to see yourself lose a stone a month.. Good luck to you.

Thats a great start... It is not unrealistic to see yourself lose a stone a month.. Good luck to you.

Thanks :D looking forward to my turn in the magazine pmsl x

I have been following this lady's blog www.weightloss*****.com , she has 30 stone to lose (or she did!) and her blog is so inspirational, makes for a really good read :) xx

oh its starred the b word out lol its the one that rhymes with itch :) xx

Thank you so much everyone :) I like this place hehe. I know I just have to go for it and try not to worry about the end, little steps at a time!!

Debs I would love to keep in touch, def good having someone at the same weight :D

First weigh in tonight at 5.30, I think I have done well but doubting myself!! ARGH! Will report back! x

Good luck hun, it truly is a fabulous place here (and at class!), let us know how you get on xx

Back