150lbs to go

I'm doing OK Kate. I took Kim to watch the ice hockey tonight, she had a massive hot dog whilst I had nothing at all.
I read somewhere that Turkey is lower in fat than chicken so bought some turkey pieces from Morrisons yesterday. Today I made a turkey curry using a jar of Tikka Masala sauce which according to my reckoning was only about 10g of fat per serving and that includes the rice, tasted pretty good too.

One thing that I have learnt is that although Quorn sausages are low in fat they're also low in taste :(. I made a sausage casserole yesterday and it wasn't very nice at all, the sausages reminded me of plastecine so I fished them out and turned the meal into a vegetable casserole which was even lower in fat :p

I've been looking through the cupboards in the kitchen for inspiration and realised that I have quite a few tins of tuna. Every time they're on offer in the supermarket I buy a load as Kim and I both love tuna. I've actually got 61 tins of the stuff :eek:so I think that I'll be living on tuna and pasta or baked spud and pasta for the next month.

I jumped on the scales this evening and found that I haven't lost any weight at all since Thursday so hopefully it'll all drop off me when I'm asleep tonight. My New Years resolution is to only weigh myself once a week (4 times a month) so by my reckoning I won't be able to weigh myself again until March:D
How's your weekend been ? found your gym bag yet ?

Thanks for the cottage pie idea Flabbybumbum, that's just the sort of thing that I love to eat. I've got a slow cooker and love stews and casseroles so will have to put my chefs hat on next weekend and see what I can knock up.

Thanks to all the others who've posted on this thread, you're all making me even more determined to stick to my healthy eating plan. I wonder how much weight we will collectively lose over the next 12 months ?

Speak to you all soon.

Kims Dad

Wow Kim's dad what a fab story and brilliant resistance over christmas. I start my diet tomorrow..again! (been trying to loose my baby weight for three years!!!) and I am determined this time to do it so we can encourage each other. Well done so far can't weight to hear more of your success.
Can I offer some advice and I promise to try it myself!! Do not weigh yourself (or rather ourselves) every day!!! Or three times a day as past experince tells me it can get you down if it doesn't say what you want when really you need to weigh in weekly for a true reading.
x

Hey kims dad!

I have to disagree with you on the sausages :) i love them! and my fave dish is sausage casserole! I make it using one of the colmans mixes! hehe but each to thier own !

61 tins of tunna???????? :eek::eek: blinkin heck! Im not a tuna fan my self!...although i do like it in colmans tuna pasta bake tho! ha not too sure if thats within xenical rules tho lol

Are you into open minded cooking? I got a fab curry recipe from the slimming world section! its low fat and cal! Made using a tin of mushy peas and chopped tomatos! you'll never know the difference!

Going by your rules i too am barred till march ! I scale hopped sat night and gained a lb!..ha was not happy but jumped on half a dozen times between then and now they r being good to me!

Still no luck on gym bag! Im just about to go to the black hole which is my junk cupboard! My other half likes to put stuff in stupid places and his was in there so im guessing mine is too! The only thng is mines tiny whilest his is huge!

Glad u guys enjoyed ice hockey! did ur team win?

speak soon and take care!

love katie

Hi Katie,
Thanks for the tip about the Mushy pea curry, I think I'll have a nose around the forum and see what other recipies I can pick up.

Tonight I took a bag of quorn chicken style pieces, added a load of frozen stir fry vegetables and a jar of eat smart Tikka Masala Sauce and let the lot simmer for about 30 minutes. It smells lovely and all I need to do is heat it up when I get home from work tomorrow. I've got a rice steamer full of rice which will only take about 10 minutes to heat up so no cooking issues tomorrow evening. By adding up all the Nutrition information I reckon if I get 4 servings from the curry and rice each meal will be about 300 calories and only 6 grams of fat which seems too good to be true.

Kim wanted a jacket potato with Tuna for her tea tonight so I've only got 60 tins of tuna left in the cupboard.:D I had the rest of a sweet and sour turkey and rice dish I made over the weekend using Morrisons eat smart sweet and sour sauce, it was pretty disgusting and I've still got a few jars of the sauce left :eek:

My weighing scales are in the kitchen and as tomorrows curry was cooking I accidently stood on them and it looks as if I might have lost a pound since yesterday. I might accidently stand on them again tomorrow evening but I'll try my hardest not to.

Our ice hockey team did win on Sunday evening Coventry Blaze 7 - Belfast Giants 1.
Kim goes to ice skating lessons on a Sunday morning so she's quite into all things to do with skating. Every now and then her school offer cheap tickets for the ice hockey - £5 a ticket - so we go and offer our support. I must admit we don't fully understand all the rules but it's a fun night out, lots of music being played and a really friendly atmosphere. It also helps that Coventry Blaze are top of the league at the moment so get quite large crowds at their home matches.

Has your gym bag turned up yet ? I'm not brave enough to do any excercise yet however when I get down to 20 stone I might start swimming with Kim at the weekends but that's many months away. yet.

Hope to speak again soon.

Kims dad

Hey!

would u like the recipe? i Know it like back of my hand lol! I use quorn pieces!

Quick! get down to morrisons! You dont wanna run out of tuna!!!!

:whoopass: naughty scale! hopper! ....:whistle:i have not been on mine today! ahem!

gym bag has not turned up but i guess it wouldnt as i havent been lookin for it! I dunno if im gunna go coz the first 2 weeks of Rosemary Conley is 1200 cals an i dont think id have the energy to do it on that few cals! lol You dont have to go to gym to get exercise! You could start off by going for short walks with kim to the local shop or something! Although the late nights and all this snow doesnt help much! Talkin of snow i was like bambi on ice this morning! lol i was walkin in my snow boots (alone there was no one around thank god!) and hit the deck! both my legs went sideways! .. was not best pleased! haha

Tea sounds devine for tomoz!

love katie
xxx

katie im sorry but i cant stop giggling at the thought of you on your bum.

Kims dad i too am a scale hopper, but i dont personally find it a bad thing. If the scales show a increse or sts it makes me even more determined to lose it. And then if it says ive lost a pound or two then i dont get all excited, i think well lets see if i can do another! Im not someone who will go eat somethin thinking ooohhh ive got another couple days to get rid of that.. Not that way inclined!!!

But we all should stop scale hopping i guess!!!

Katie,
I'd love the recipie for the curry please, if it's low in fat but high in flavour I'll give it a go. A lady at work gave me a few recipies today (I think that they're from weightwatchers) but I left them at work, never mind I had a quorn tikka masala and rice this evening and it was really nice. I'm really proud as I didn't spill any curry down my shirt for once, perhaps I've actually lost a few inches:D or maybe I was a bit more careful with the fork.

I'd like to say that I haven't stepped on the scales at all today but that would be a lie, it looks as if I've lost a pound since yesterday so things are moving in the right direction.

It's been snowing quite heavily here today and like you I'm not too good on slippery surfaces. I normally get overtaken by old ladies pushing their shopping trolleys when I go out on icy pavements as I'm clinging on to lamp posts trying to stay upright.

Hope you've had a low fat day and speak again soon.

Kes,
I agree that regular jumping on the scales
is a good thing, for the same reasons that you gave. I think I'm going to invent a pair of shoes with onboard scales built into the soles. That way I 'd know exactly how much I weigh when I'm at work, when I'm doing the shopping or when I'm picking Kim up from school. I might have to put in an appearance on Dragons Den for funding though, what do you reckon my chances of getting a million pounds to start producing the shoes?

Katherine,
Are you an ice hockey fan too. I don't mind going to watch my team play as most of the fans wear replica ice hockey shirts that make them look really large. Me, I just wear a regular shirt and sort of just blend in with the rest of the fans.

Speak to you all again soon.

Kims dad

Hey!

would u like the recipe? i Know it like back of my hand lol! I use quorn pieces!

Quick! get down to morrisons! You dont wanna run out of tuna!!!!

:whoopass: naughty scale! hopper! ....:whistle:i have not been on mine today! ahem!

gym bag has not turned up but i guess it wouldnt as i havent been lookin for it! I dunno if im gunna go coz the first 2 weeks of Rosemary Conley is 1200 cals an i dont think id have the energy to do it on that few cals! lol You dont have to go to gym to get exercise! You could start off by going for short walks with kim to the local shop or something! Although the late nights and all this snow doesnt help much! Talkin of snow i was like bambi on ice this morning! lol i was walkin in my snow boots (alone there was no one around thank god!) and hit the deck! both my legs went sideways! .. was not best pleased! haha

Tea sounds devine for tomoz!

love katie
xxx
:8855:eek:h Bambi you do make me laugh!

I reckon you'd get a lot of buyers for them shoes lol!

Glad you are so focused, you should have a nosy on the SW and WW sections, there are loads of low fat /calorie ideas.

Take care x

i think the shoes are a FAB IDEA!!
ill have some!!!

hows it going????

The weight is still coming off but there's still a long, long way to go.

I've just returned from a works do, an eat all you like Chinese, Thai, Indian and Mediterranean buffet and I think that I coped really well. I had a very watery Chinese noodle soup followed by salad from the salad bar. I then had three very small plates of vegetable curry and boiled rice washed down with a diet coke. The Thai food consisted of a Thai vegetable curry but I wasn't sure if coconut milk went well with Xenical so I gave it a miss. I love indian starters such as onion bhajji and pakhora but they're all deep fried they were no goes for me. I also love naan bread but skipped that section aswell. The chocolate fountain was off limits and so was the cheese cake which meant I gace the deserts a miss too.
The thing is I don't actually feel hungry now and find it hard to believe that a few months ago I would have probably eat three times as much plus a few deserts just because they were there. I don't ever want to go back to the way I was a few months ago and with the help of everyone on this forum I'm sure by this time next year I'll be only half the man I am now:D

omg well done ims dad that is a great achivement! If u sit me down in front of food i have no will power what so ever!

I know it may seem like u have a mountain to climb but just take it 7lbs at a time! Yu are doing fab!

have u curbed your scale hoppin addiction yet? Ive been on sw 2 days and gunna have a peek tomoz lol!

hope u r both well!

love katie
xx

Hi Katie, how you doing today ? I've just read what you had for lunch in your diary and it sounded delicious.
I haven't stepped on the scales since I came home from the meal but will probably have a crafty weigh in tomorrow just to check that the scales are still working.

I'm going to tesco tomorrow as quite a lot of their quorn products are "buy 2 for £3" so I'm going to fill the freezer with beef and chicken style pieces plus some bags of frozen quorn mince. I wasn't keen on the quorn sausages so might try the bangers or cumberland sausages instead but they're not on offer.
We ran out of bread on Monday and I couldn't be bothered to go to the shops to buy any but we've managed to survive without any since then. I've been living of quorn curry all week and still have enough left for one more meal on Saturday. I've had it with rice, pasta and jacket potato this week so might try it with some noodles tomorrow.

Hope you have a lovely weekend,

Kims dad

OOohh just realised i never gave u the mushy pea curry recipe!

you need an onion, mushrooms, quorn pieces, tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of mushy peas and curry powder!

You fry your onion, mushrooms and quorn pieces in a pan until the quorn is cooked! In your blender blend the peas and chopped tomatos until smooth! Transfere the quorn amd the tom and peas into a pan and simmer! Add curry power to taste! I used medium curry power but found it didnt give the kick i was after so i added 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce into it!

hope u have a fab weekend too!

luv katie
xx

I'm new here but just wanted to say...WOW! You're doing so well! Keep it up! xx

Thanks for the recipie Katie, I haven't got any mushrooms but I'm going to Morrisons tomorrow (forgot it's my neighbours 90th Birthday on Monday and want to buy her a card and a small gift) so I'll buy some then and give it a whirl.

I bought 2 bags of quorn mince and two bags of chicken style quorn pieces at Tesco earlier today as they were on offer however the best bargain was 5 Muller Rhubarb yoghurts for £1 instead of 52p each. I bought 10 pots as I think I'm becoming addicted to them.
Three people asked me if I'd lost weight today which makes everything worth while so to celebrate I had a large fresh cream cake .......... only joking, I had a rhubarb yoghurt really.

Weekends are the most difficult time for me as I have easy access to food but I've resisted temptation so far. When I'm at work I tend not to think about food as I'm busy all day, plus only have access to any food I've taken to work with me and that's all healthy, low fat food nowadays. I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to look forward to Monday mornings :eek:

Laura269,
Thanks for the words of support, how're you doing on Xenical? Are you a serial weigher like Katie and myself or have you found the secret to keeping of the scales until your "weigh in day"? I wish you all the best with your healthy eating regime you've made a great start already and are well on your way to meeting your goal.

Hey Kims dad, glad you are still doing well, its really motivating when you start to get compliments and people notice your weightloss isnt it.

Wow...yoghurts offer sounds good...is it just the rhubarb flavour?

Glad you are doing well, it lovely when you get compliments and people start noticing your weightloss isnt it

Yoghurt offer sounds fab...is it just the rhubarb flavour?

Sorry for repeating myself, I kept getting logged out when trying to submit the message. Im not mad really (actually Katie will probably try and tell you otherwise!)

Back