15's down to 14's

Hi moocow and thanks for your encouragement. I agree with you on the long haul - I am easing myself in gently by enjoying. Healthy evening meal and sacking on fruit only. Haven't had any choc/crisps in a week and not even missing them. Evenings used to be a constant graze in front of tv but not anymore - we now enjoy a lolly - who would have thought!!

I have been prescribed my extra calcium and vit d and apparently having normal levels will help with my weight loss - happy days :) Just want to be normal.

Well done on the bike - I find it scary enough on the exercise bike lol

On Monday my sis is going to join me on exante and she wants to do TS. This scares me somewhat but may give it a go - what works for you?

Morning Dextersmum

I do TS mostly with the odd day here n there of giving myself a "break". I find it very easy during the day as I'm busy at work but in the evenings I find increasingly I'm looking for something to nibble on - a bad habit I really must break. I now have a new incentive to lose more weight has OH just agreed to us going away in October. Time enough for me to lose another 3 stones before buying yet more clothes lol
The first time on the bike was hilarious as we went out with my 8 year old grandson and he kept asking his grandpa why they were having to wait for me. I like the idea of an exercise bike but I also know what a short attention span I have and think pretty soon it would be a rather large ornament. I enjoy the "real" bike as it comes out on sunny days and we live in a very picturesque area with lots of tree lined areas to cycle down at my own speed lol
Good luck to your sister as she joins you and hubby on your weight loss journey

Moocow x

ps I hope healthwise you are feeling better x

Thanks moocow - bit of a hiccup yesterday but doing TS today and going to see how I get on. Fab to have a holiday in oct - perfect motivation to keep going. I am away in August and hoping to drop some bulk before going! I am feeling a bit better and think exante will give me the complete nourishment to get better. Back in work tomorrow and going to take a shake for dinner. Today I had veg soup for dinner, planning pasta carbonara for tea and a shake for evening (lie-in this morning so didn't have breakfast!).

Sounds like the bike is great fun. I too live in a lovely area and would love a bike but my dog would want to come too - need a basket for her!! I walk her twice a day and do 30mins on bike and coss trainer. Bike is boring but loud music, hubby for company and a book helps!!!

Really, really want to do it this time xx

Hi Dextersmum

How did work go today............and how did you cope with TS yesterday. I am feeling very motivated again at the moment so long may it last.
Having a holiday to look forward to is great .With holiday clothes in mind I keep thinking maybe I should start getting smaller sizes now while there is a good choice of summer stuff everywhere or shouldI wait and hope there's still something I like later in the year, maybe at a much lower price in the sales!

Love the idea of you taking the dog for a ride in a basket................what a hoot. Your exercise bike rides sound anything but boring with your loud music and a book, how do you do both? lol

I just had a strawberry shake with mousse mix but it was nothing like a mousse! Just a tad thicker than usual, maybe I didn't leave it for long enough or used too much water. I will persevere and try again tomorrow as I am doing 3 shakes a day at the moment and to have a different texture is good.

BTW........................you can and will do it this time

Moo x

Soooo sorry for not being here sooner moocow, I am going great guns and sneaked a peak on scales - 5lbs down already and I am feeling great. Have cheated twice in evenings (my danger time) but stuck to chicken/fish only. Know I shouldn't but feel that if it keeps me on track then better than going completely mad and emptying the cupboards!!!
It helps that my sister has started too and we are supporting each other with our disasters.......my frothy tomato soup and her trying to mix the pasta with cold water (sure it's silicone coated!)
Moocow I too am looking at clothes for my holiday but not sure of size - gonna leave it and hope for sale prices!! I am away mid August and think I shall leave it until end of July - may actually enjoy clothes shopping then for a change :)
Thanks again for supporting me and have to confess don't manage to read much on my bike xxx

Ps update me on mousse mix please - thought it was a great idea ...... Thinking angel delight yummmmmy

Hello Dextersmum

Good to see you so to speak lol. Hope life is treating you well. Congrats on the 5lb down. Tis great that your sister is joining in and keeping you company, and an added incentive for you both if you are anything like me and my sister.............see who can lose the most and give extra support.
Frothy tomato soup and the pasta still hard both sound very familiar. I now do the soups with cold water in my shaker and then put it in the microwave for 3 mins......no lumps. As for the pasta, boil the kettle, add however much hot water you prefer, leave to soak for 5 minutes then zap in the microwave for 2 to 2 and half minutes- best watch it though as it has a habit of boiling over if you put it in a small pot! I use a very large plastic jug.
I have decided to leave the holiday clothes shopping too. Not sure what size I will be by then and don't want to tempt fate by getting smaller sizes now and setting myself up for a fall. If there are no nice things about before we go I will have to search the charity shops lol would be a much cheaper way of replenishing my wardrobe the way things are going.
You're very welcome regarding the support. It's a two way thing and I know that joining this thread as certainly got me back on track. I have now done 5 days 100% TS, shakes only. I have not even been tempted to pick of an evening and I was 4lbs down Monday to Thursday. I can't resist checking everyday.
I can't imagine trying to read whilst on the exercise bike but I think that's because my body would be wobbling all over lol
The mousse mix was a success. Banana shake, a teaspoon of mousse mix and 200 mls of water. Blitzed it for a minute with the hand held blender, put it in the fridge for 30 minutes and loved, loved, loved it. Not quite angel delight but definitely a treat to savour.
I remain hopeful of breaking into the 14s some time soon. :gimi:

Moo x

Hey guys

I'm around 16.4 at the moment and hoping to start TS when my packs arrive (Tuesday I think) so looking forward to joining you in the 15s soon ;)

Hi Dustqueen and good luck.......bet you can't wait to get started :p

Moo......I'm back after major "can't do this" weekend. Really let things slip - blame the wine and realise that this is my downfall. Managed TS yesterday and salvaged my 5lb loss and really did feel better......so TS it is for me. I find the day whilst in work easy - i have a shake about 11.30 - 12 ish and have pasta at 4.30 when I finish work. Soup last night at 7.30 and gallons of tea/water.

(have mastered the pasta and the soup - still not keen on tomato but it goes down :))

Did you have any blips when you started? Think it's actually helped me realise that I feel better if I stick to TS and maybe I needed to feel disappointed with myself. Whatever....line is now drawn and I am logging on tonight to keep myself in check!

The mousse sounds delish and I feel another order coming up soon - although I still have 43 days worth in my drawer!!

Hope you have another great day (my sis lost 7lbs!)

Hi Dustqueen and good luck.......bet you can't wait to get started :p

Moo......I'm back after major "can't do this" weekend. Really let things slip - blame the wine and realise that this is my downfall. Managed TS yesterday and salvaged my 5lb loss and really did feel better......so TS it is for me. I find the day whilst in work easy - i have a shake about 11.30 - 12 ish and have pasta at 4.30 when I finish work. Soup last night at 7.30 and gallons of tea/water.

(have mastered the pasta and the soup - still not keen on tomato but it goes down :))

Did you have any blips when you started? Think it's actually helped me realise that I feel better if I stick to TS and maybe I needed to feel disappointed with myself. Whatever....line is now drawn and I am logging on tonight to keep myself in check!

The mousse sounds delish and I feel another order coming up soon - although I still have 43 days worth in my drawer!!

Hope you have another great day (my sis lost 7lbs!)

Yeah I really struggle if I try and add bits in or do WS I really need to just stick to TS and be stubborn about it. Apparently the mouse mix is just gelatine?! So you could just get that in the shops, don't let your packs go off, I do that sometimes when I have too many lol
Well done on getting back on it :)

Thank you Dustqueen.....how has your day been? I'm proud to report 2nd day TS - feeling hungry now but have a stinking cold so settling in bed with hot cup of herbal tea and my book......so pleased to be doing this. Have been tempted with the mousse but too well stocked at mo - wish exante didn't try to keep tempting me with more offers every day :)

Moocow.....hope you have had a fab day too.......my sis has just texted and is only enjoying a glass of red in the pub (I have so got to lose more than her this week)

Here's to another 100% day tomorrow........we can do this once and for all xxxx

Thank you Dustqueen.....how has your day been? I'm proud to report 2nd day TS - feeling hungry now but have a stinking cold so settling in bed with hot cup of herbal tea and my book......so pleased to be doing this. Have been tempted with the mousse but too well stocked at mo - wish exante didn't try to keep tempting me with more offers every day :)

Moocow.....hope you have had a fab day too.......my sis has just texted and is only enjoying a glass of red in the pub (I have so got to lose more than her this week)

Here's to another 100% day tomorrow........we can do this once and for all xxxx

Hey Dm had an unscheduled trip to stay with the folks so put off the start but I'm on it today, so wish me luck :) see you here soon ;)

Hello Ladies :bighug:

DextersMum.....................never had a blip at the beginning but seem to be finding lots of reasons to not stay TS lately. My birthday this year is going on and on and on............started celebrating with work mates the Thursday before, went out the night before with immediate family, had all and sundry over the weekend following it, had 2 weeks off work and was out and about all the time. This week finally puts an end to it with work colleagues treating me to "Tea" at a rather lovely place . I have lost and gained the same 4lbs over and over. I am trying to do a full week on shakes only and fingers crossed I have managed 2 days so far and there are no plans that would mean I need to go "off plan".

DQ I have to say I have tried gelatine rather than the mousse mix and it is not the same.................it sets...............really really sets!!! The mousse mix, once you get it right, is lovely and feels very much like a treat.

If you feel a bit hungry Bouillon is a good thing to use, it can be a bit salty but I rather like it.

Hope your cold is better Dextersmum, and DQ hope you feel up to starting your journey.

Thursdays is the day some of us ladies at work go for a brisk walk at lunchtime. We vary our route and today walking through a local park found that some exercise type equipment had been installed. It was great trying them all out and it was fun rather than a chore. I'm short so it was a laugh just trying to get on the saddle of the bike lol .

My stay in the 15's has been longer than I intended so I feel very relieved that I am now focused again. I did buy 2 skirts in an 18 on Tuesday and it cheered me up to think I will soon be finding them loose. I am struggling somewhat though with buying smaller tops as I prefer them loose anyhow but some of my older ones are starting to look like they need passing on. My daughter is also following a VLCD and keeps saying to me to put them by for when she will fit into them. As I am 20 years older I guess I should be pleased that she will wear my cast offs lol.

I've gabbled on enough and I can hear my shake calling...........or is that my tummy rumbling?

Moo x

Hello Ladies :bighug:

DextersMum.....................never had a blip at the beginning but seem to be finding lots of reasons to not stay TS lately. My birthday this year is going on and on and on............started celebrating with work mates the Thursday before, went out the night before with immediate family, had all and sundry over the weekend following it, had 2 weeks off work and was out and about all the time. This week finally puts an end to it with work colleagues treating me to "Tea" at a rather lovely place . I have lost and gained the same 4lbs over and over. I am trying to do a full week on shakes only and fingers crossed I have managed 2 days so far and there are no plans that would mean I need to go "off plan".

DQ I have to say I have tried gelatine rather than the mousse mix and it is not the same.................it sets...............really really sets!!! The mousse mix, once you get it right, is lovely and feels very much like a treat.

If you feel a bit hungry Bouillon is a good thing to use, it can be a bit salty but I rather like it.

Hope your cold is better Dextersmum, and DQ hope you feel up to starting your journey.

Thursdays is the day some of us ladies at work go for a brisk walk at lunchtime. We vary our route and today walking through a local park found that some exercise type equipment had been installed. It was great trying them all out and it was fun rather than a chore. I'm short so it was a laugh just trying to get on the saddle of the bike lol .

My stay in the 15's has been longer than I intended so I feel very relieved that I am now focused again. I did buy 2 skirts in an 18 on Tuesday and it cheered me up to think I will soon be finding them loose. I am struggling somewhat though with buying smaller tops as I prefer them loose anyhow but some of my older ones are starting to look like they need passing on. My daughter is also following a VLCD and keeps saying to me to put them by for when she will fit into them. As I am 20 years older I guess I should be pleased that she will wear my cast offs lol.

I've gabbled on enough and I can hear my shake calling...........or is that my tummy rumbling?

Moo x

Lol well done Moo I've finally started and last step on the scales has me 4lbs away from the 15s so hopefully be joining you soon x

Dustqueen......good luck on your start, promise it will get easier and be soooo worthwhile xx

Moocow.......happy birthday (just lasting it out a bit longer for you :))

I've been saintly this week and just hope I keep it going.....I am feeling so good and no longer feeling starving - happy days xx. The cold/cough is still with me and don't know how I got through today but now just starting to perk up so maybe the worst is over!

Haven't been able to do my exercise for a couple of days but kept up my walking - as Coco-belle demands it lol.

Keep it up my darlings
xxxxx

Ps Dustqueen we could be twins.....our stats match!!!!!

Dustqueen......good luck on your start, promise it will get easier and be soooo worthwhile xx

Moocow.......happy birthday (just lasting it out a bit longer for you :))

I've been saintly this week and just hope I keep it going.....I am feeling so good and no longer feeling starving - happy days xx. The cold/cough is still with me and don't know how I got through today but now just starting to perk up so maybe the worst is over!

Haven't been able to do my exercise for a couple of days but kept up my walking - as Coco-belle demands it lol.

Keep it up my darlings
xxxxx

Ps Dustqueen we could be twins.....our stats match!!!!!

I'm nearly here :D hopefully tomorrow *fingers crossed*
Oooo yay for being less hungry :) the exercise will be easier once you're properly settled in :)
Awww yay for twins I can't see as I'm on my phone :( hope you're having a good day DM x

How's it going my lovelies??

I've survived friday - talk about dragging myself in these last couple of days! This cold has been pure torture.......I know "it's only a cold" but flipping' eck it's been murder and now I have the most rasping cough ever.

Have to say exante in work is easy but Friday evening forget it!!!!! No prob food wise but can't resist my vino......all well until I had 2 glasses then I snaffled half a cheese scone!!!!! I mean WTF I'm not even that keen on them.......oh yes I resisted the mars bar and the dinner ***baffled!!

On a serious note when i came in from work I felt really light headed and a little trembly inside........horrible feeling......guessing it's combination of vlcd and this darn cold - any one else felt like this?

Have a great weekend and keep shaking xxxxx

How's it going my lovelies??

I've survived friday - talk about dragging myself in these last couple of days! This cold has been pure torture.......I know "it's only a cold" but flipping' eck it's been murder and now I have the most rasping cough ever.

Have to say exante in work is easy but Friday evening forget it!!!!! No prob food wise but can't resist my vino......all well until I had 2 glasses then I snaffled half a cheese scone!!!!! I mean WTF I'm not even that keen on them.......oh yes I resisted the mars bar and the dinner ***baffled!!

On a serious note when i came in from work I felt really light headed and a little trembly inside........horrible feeling......guessing it's combination of vlcd and this darn cold - any one else felt like this?

Have a great weekend and keep shaking xxxxx

Oh no DM these things are really hard when you are ill as well x hope that cold and cough does one xx

Back