15stone or 210lbs or 95kg lighter my story

CraigA

Silver Member
Hi and well im sure a few of you already know me and now ive finally been at my target for a few weeks i thought i would make a thread showing some new and old pics and to tell you a little bit about my journey so far.

So i started on 1st January 2012 and on that day i weighed 30stone which was at the time really upsetting so i decided this was it and i wasnt having it anymore and decided to make a change. After the first week i made my mind up to join a slimming club and as both of my sisters had started at Slimming World i decided that i was going to join as it sounded like it would suit me.

My younger brother also decided he was going to join and we both started on 10th Jan. On that date i weighed in on there scales at 28st 8.5lbs so in the first 10 days i had already dropped 1st 5.5lbs. I must admit it was pretty scary going to Slimming World for the first time and it did help that my brother decided to join to but once you have been that first time it is fine.

I do think it is harder for a Man to join than Women as i would say every group must be 90%+ women but i would advise any Man (or Woman) to join and dont be scared of it as once you have been the first time everything will be fine.

I found the vesatility of what i could do with food a revalation as i was still eating large meals but the meals were alot more healthy. I also love the fact that i havent found any meal that you cant tweak to be slimming world friendly.

I also started with doing exercise as well as a change of diet. With this i started slow and built up over time each week adding more and more. I started out and a mini bike and walking, only doing 5 mins at a time on the bike and about 20 mins walking. I increased this week on week until i was doing 60 mins + on the bike and walking for 2hours at a time.

By Feb i decided i wanted to start adding weight training in the mix to as i had loads of weights and a bench that i had had for a couple of years but never used much. I did research on the internet and brought some books to help me make my own plan up.

Anyway as the months went on the weight dropped off every single week and i didnt have a maintain or a gain until i got to target.

I must say i can not put my finger on what it is but something has just clicked in head that the time was now to get this done before something bad happens to my health.

I have loads more to my story but i will put some pics up and add more at another time.

311212small.jpgpeu_20121220_12.jpg

Attachments

• transform2.jpg
    transform2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,412
  • transform5.jpg
    transform5.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,751
  • transform6.jpg
    transform6.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,592
Last edited:
Wow!Incredible weight loss in such a short period of time. You look gorgeous? I've lost a fair few stone myself and am pleased but shocked by the amount of lose skin I have. I have it on my tum, arms and thighs and face- can't get over looking wrinkly ! Have you got away with it? You look very firm on your photo's !!

Wow your loss is so impressive and really inspiring for a day one newbie!! Done Sw lots before though so know its good and it works- and you are certainly proof of that! Congratulations you should be so proud of your achievement.

Wow!Incredible weight loss in such a short period of time. You look gorgeous? I've lost a fair few stone myself and am pleased but shocked by the amount of lose skin I have. I have it on my tum, arms and thighs and face- can't get over looking wrinkly ! Have you got away with it? You look very firm on your photo's !!

Thanks
And yes i have loose skin on my stomach and legs and its pretty bad. I dont know how but my arms are pretty good and why there is a slight bit on them its nothing that worries me. The thing is though you cant beat yourself up about it to much, obviously surgery is an option but the thing is its hard to get done on the NHS and i would imagine costs a far bit to have done. I am hoping that i can have it done on the NHS but i will wait and see as you have to maintain for a while and that is my goal for the coming year, to maintain what i have already done.

You have to keep looking on the possitive side of things, thats what i do and i know that i am now very healthy and fairly fit and its something i want to continue for the rest of my life. Its all part of the journey and when i look at it in the mirror its like a reminder of what ive done and achieved and i know i will never get that big again.

That is an amazing weight loss, congratulations. Absolutely fantastic and an inspiration to us all!

Thanks

You have to keep looking on the possitive side of things, thats what i do and i know that i am now very healthy and fairly fit and its something i want to continue for the rest of my life. Its all part of the journey and when i look at it in the mirror its like a reminder of what ive done and achieved and i know i will never get that big again.

Great attitude Craig. xx

I'm sure I will have said before somewhere on the forum, but you've done amazing! In such a short space of time too. It's really inspiring and I'm sure you would encourage a lot of men to join up also. I agree with you that it must be more nerve racking for men to join, as the majority are women! In my group there is one man who comes with his wife and that's it!

Keep on doing what you're doing Craig, you're just exactly what this forum needs at the beginning of the year to show us lot that slimming world works wonders and to keep at it :)

When I joined last August I weighed in at 31st 1lb. I'm amazed at how well you've done in such a short space of time and I thank you for sharing your story with us. It really does help to see other people achieve what I have to do. I reckon it's going to take me about 2 years to get to target...maybe less as I start to be able to move more and get more exercise.
I'm going to do it this time; like you, something in my head clicked and not only am I finding it easy to lose, I'm enjoying the journey!
Thanks again, you really are an inspiration :) xx

I've said it before and I'm more than happy to say it again, you are an amazing example to everyone on here. Your determination to stick to plan and get to goal shows that anything is possible, I'm sure it's hard to imagine for the majority of people in the higher stone ranges to think they'll ever get 'there' (wherever their there may be) but you have shown that SW works for everyone and if you put your mind to it you can do it. You honestly look fantastic and like a completely different person. Well done.

Your story, and your achievement, is phenomenal. It truly is inspirational. You look fabulous, thank you for sharing

Last edited:
In my sister's group there are a couple of men - she said it makes it more FUN! I wish more men would go.

You look so handsome and you're doing great! Thanks for sharing.

And WOW - 26 weeks as 'slimmer of the week' out of 52 weeks, I bet it was a running joke in your group :) You should submit your story to the magazine!

In my sister's group there are a couple of men - she said it makes it more FUN! I wish more men would go.

You look so handsome and you're doing great! Thanks for sharing.

And WOW - 26 weeks as 'slimmer of the week' out of 52 weeks, I bet it was a running joke in your group :) You should submit your story to the magazine!

Yeah i won a fair bit and all the times i didnt win except for 2 or 3 i think my brother won em lol so yes it was a long running joke.

I actually won slimmer of the week last week with a 1lb loss as i was the only one in group to loose. I suppose it doesnt count whenits over christmas but i was pretty shocked to say the least haha

Amazing!!

Back