16 stone 8 vs Slim & Save

Ela ine said:
Hi guys!
Had a weigh in at slimming world tonight (day 4)

And I have gone from 16:11 to....... 16:5.5!!! So that's 5.5lbs in 4 days! Woooo!

Very pleased :)

Sabotagers are out tonight.... I'm off for a night out... Wish me luck on my water (no lemon!) eeeeek!!!! xx

Good luck Hun thats great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

RebekahR said:
Don't stress the diet coke, you will be fine xxx

Take a bar to the cinema n have a zero (or smuggle one in your bag!!)

If your out and need somethin hit the protein. Be prepared, you will ne fine

Enjoy hun xxx

Thanks lovely!

Haven't had a shake or pack yet ... So taking your idea and getting a medium coke zero for batman (whit whoo) and taking a bar (white choch and lemon)

Will cross the Goin away for the weekend bridge when I get to it (tomorrow!!!) nice surprise mum but could have done with a bit of time to prepare !!! Lol x

WillpowerWoman said:
Good luck Hun thats great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun :) x

Batman was ace! First pit (service station) stop en route to Silverstone!

Wooooo looking forward to weekend away but not so much to avoiding food. Eeeek!! x

Enjoy hun have a great time xxx

have a good time :) x

Hi all :)

Not long back from my weekend away. First, the good:
Had a great weekend, and lots of exercise in the form of walking around, had two shakes both days.

The bad news:

I so much!!! Tried to keep it to just protein but failed terribly.

Had a chicken salad but think there was far too much chicken, + dressing + cheese.

And this morning had bacon, mushrooms, scrambled egg and a tomatoe.

We stopped at the services and I just got some packet chicken from waitrose and have had that since.

The worst thing is, I haven't really felt hungry hungry all week ... now I'm so blooming ravenous it's unreal! Eeeeeeek! Gotta keep on chugging.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

Has everyone else had a great weekend?

Ela ine said:
Hi all :)

Not long back from my weekend away. First, the good:
Had a great weekend, and lots of exercise in the form of walking around, had two shakes both days.

The bad news:

I so much!!! Tried to keep it to just protein but failed terribly.

Had a chicken salad but think there was far too much chicken, + dressing + cheese.

And this morning had bacon, mushrooms, scrambled egg and a tomatoe.

We stopped at the services and I just got some packet chicken from waitrose and have had that since.

The worst thing is, I haven't really felt hungry hungry all week ... now I'm so blooming ravenous it's unreal! Eeeeeeek! Gotta keep on chugging.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Has everyone else had a great weekend?

Ooh Hun, we all have our moments so keep going with the water and don't sweat it, it will all work out.
Doesn't look that bad, could have been worse so just forget it and move on!

Work out wh you took a detour and that will help you in the future?

Hugs..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well guys, am sad. Super sad. My 'eating' spiralled from the weekend to a full blown eating day today :-( okay so I didn't have a pig out take away or binge on chocolate day... But I've had three meals and a snack. I'm such a pig. Hating myself right now :-(

Brought a whole months worth... How can I *not* stick to this :mad: ;@ :mad:

Don't beat yourself up sweetie, we have all done it. Get back to it, chuck any naughty stuff in the bin. Take it out and out of sight

Draw a line and press on xxx

Ela ine said:
Well guys, am sad. Super sad. My 'eating' spiralled from the weekend to a full blown eating day today :-( okay so I didn't have a pig out take away or binge on chocolate day... But I've had three meals and a snack. I'm such a pig. Hating myself right now :-(

Brought a whole months worth... How can I *not* stick to this :mad: ;@ :mad:

Breathe in, and breathe out.. And relax...
Take control of your mind and the rest will follow..
We all have our moments, try work out the deep down reason why you are doing this to yourself?
Have a look at others ways of motivation, write your reasons down for doing this, get a mood board, put pictures and motivational statements, are a photo and stick it on your phone?
Write what you hope to gain, write the reasons down why you don't want to fail, anything really..

3 meals were they s&s ones? Was the snak an s&s one?
Do you have myfitnesspal.com? you can register for free and do a daily diary using their database of foods..
That can be very useful to see what your eating habits are like?

Chin up, we all make false starts, read your instructions again and make sure you know this diet inside out before you start again?

Hugs!

Awwww thanks guys <3 have spent the last forty minutes writing down reasons I want to do this, why I am choosing this over other weight loss plans... What seem to be my triggers for failing and what I can do to combat this.

Going through a tough time and this was one area of my life which I had hoped *wouldn't* get worse.

*Deep breath* but it's okay.

Thank you :)

Clearer mind is needed. Off for some radox and thinking!!!

Ela ine said:
Awwww thanks guys <3 have spent the last forty minutes writing down reasons I want to do this, why I am choosing this over other weight loss plans... What seem to be my triggers for failing and what I can do to combat this.

Going through a tough time and this was one area of my life which I had hoped *wouldn't* get worse.

*Deep breath* but it's okay.

Clearer mind is needed. Off for some radox and thinking!!!

You take good care of yourself, remember you need "me"" time!

biggusburdus said:
You take good care of yourself, remember you need "me"" time!

<3

I'm gonna do this! Just been feeling low. Without going into too much detail - in the last two months I have lost my job (to move in with) my boyfriend (who then dumped me and this has had an awful effect on) my self esteem and my confidence.

I am usually such an outgoing person, optimistic and positve. Now I'm staying in my rooms until lunch time and then not really doing much. Yuck!

This needs to change!!! Baby steps are needed ... I know, and they say it takes a month to break a habit, right? So surely the same to create one.

Changes need to be made, and I need to be committed!

I *am* going to work on this.

Okay here is my dilemma.

I have spent the majority of last night/whole of this morning thinking about this.

1. I do want to do a vlcd, at least for three moths. And how do I know if it's for me/not for me? I don't feel I have 'been on it'/ tried it 100% enough for me to tell.

So, conclusion 1 is that I will stick to S & S for 30 Days. And then see how I feel about it - when I've given it a chance.

2. I wanted my re-start to be today, and so far haven't had anything (pack/meal/shake/bar), however
HOWEVER. I have been invited to a birthday lunch today, in a pub.... It's a sit down meal (of a close friend) and I can't *not* go.

My dilemma is - do I go, get a chicken salad no dressing etc and hope there are no hidden nasties/carbs/that it'll be okay.. Or do I treat today as a low carb day with lots of water and have my official re-start tomorrow?

I know it probably sounds like a dumb question. But I was all psyched about re-starting 4 packs a day no food and really committing .... Then I got the memo.

Le sigh.

Any ideas beauties? xx

Hi only just reading this, what did you decide to do?

I'd have gone for a chicken salad without the dressing and had my 3 packs as normal.

There is always gonna be an occasion/bday/ dinner etc to contend with and most people on s and s go for a protein option- eating out defo doesn't have to stop you from losing weight.
I'm going out tonight for dinner and I intend to do exactly that :)

Hope you had a nice time :)

sliminthecity said:
Hi only just reading this, what did you decide to do?

I'd have gone for a chicken salad without the dressing and had my 3 packs as normal.

There is always gonna be an occasion/bday/ dinner etc to contend with and most people on s and s go for a protein option- eating out defo doesn't have to stop you from losing weight.
I'm going out tonight for dinner and I intend to do exactly that :)

Hope you had a nice time :)

I had Cajun chicken & salad!

Looking forward to re-starting PROPERLY tomorrow. Taking it day by day, step by step and first goal is to go through one week! Then two weeks, then three weeks etc.... Heh that's how I've got over/am getting over my breakup (I'll think again about texting back next Monday... Has just gone on and on! Lol!!)

I am worried though.... I'm setting myself up to fail - AGAIN! Ugh!!!!!!

Definitely need go do this... Especially since I've already purchased a whole months worth!!!!

First goal: get through day 1
Second goal: get in to ketosis
Third goal: make it through 1 week 100% !!! x

Last edited:
T'was the night before my re-start and I have:

- cleaned up my room!
- washed, dried, ironed and changed my bedding
- polished all my cupboards
- cleaned my mirrors (4)
- sorted out some shoes (ew!) and clothes (BIG) for the car boot sale I'll be having the end of August
- cleaned out two drawers (8 to go!)
- cleaned all my make up brushes

- set of my 'meals' for tomorrow
- purchased 8 bottles of water and got them in the fridge for tomorrow :D

#theonlywasisup

Watching The kings Speexh in be - early night!!!

Ela ine said:

I had Cajun chicken & salad!

Looking forward to re-starting PROPERLY tomorrow. Taking it day by day, step by step and first goal is to go through one week! Then two weeks, then three weeks etc.... Heh that's how I've got over/am getting over my breakup (I'll think again about texting back next Monday... Has just gone on and on! Lol!!)

I am worried though.... I'm setting myself up to fail - AGAIN! Ugh!!!!!!

Definitely need go do this... Especially since I've already purchased a whole months worth!!!!

First goal: get through day 1
Second goal: get in to ketosis
Third goal: make it through 1 week 100% !!! x

Well done, it's hard when you have to go places and people are wanting to eat and drink.
I have been to weddings, not drank anything apart from tea, coffe and water and driven everyone home.Lol..
I have also gone out and had a healthy choice to eat with nothing to drink.
One trick I like to do is take a shake and stick it in a coffee while others are eating?

I have also had planned breaks, ones that I know I want to enjoy and I made sure I did before I got back on the horse..
Difference is giving yourself the choice and making sure you are planning your breaks not just packing it in when it's hard.

"if we fail to plan we plan to fail!" the most success is got by planning what how why where when.. It's only for a short while out your life you will be doing this and the you will be a changed woman! (I wish!)

You are doing soo well with everything that's been thrown at you, just keep giving yourself the brownie points and the pats on the back!

Hugs..

biggusburdus said:
Well done, it's hard when you have to go places and people are wanting to eat and drink.
I have been to weddings, not drank anything apart from tea, coffe and water and driven everyone home.Lol..
I have also gone out and had a healthy choice to eat with nothing to drink.
One trick I like to do is take a shake and stick it in a coffee while others are eating?

I have also had planned breaks, ones that I know I want to enjoy and I made sure I did before I got back on the horse..
Difference is giving yourself the choice and making sure you are planning your breaks not just packing it in when it's hard.

"if we fail to plan we plan to fail!" the most success is got by planning what how why where when.. It's only for a short while out your life you will be doing this and the you will be a changed woman! (I wish!)

You are doing soo well with everything that's been thrown at you, just keep giving yourself the brownie points and the pats on the back!

Hugs..

Oh my goodness <3 thank you!!!!!

Almost welling up lol! I don't like writing that much in here... So usually write more in the members only section. But thank you.

I don't want to whine on... But right now it is pretty pants (har har) and that's why I want to make sure this is not another area of my life that goes to pot!
Also, it's kinda pretty much the only area I *am* in control of right now. So really want to see it through!

Thanks for your comments and advise :)

Also... Shake in a coffee? Eh? How does this work?

I am going to stay on it for as long as I can... For now.
I have my mini goals:

Complete Day 1
Day 2
Get into ketosis
One week

Those are my goals for now! I don't have any social occasions coming up (bat my godson's christening on the 19th of August.... But guess who's doing the buffet? Haha!)

xx

Back