16 stone 8 vs Slim & Save

Morning guys!

Well... My officiall weigh in is *still* 3.5lbs down.

I am a bit (read:LOT) disheartened but at least it's a quarter of a stone.. That's the way I'll look at it!

Some people seem to loose loads of weight in their first week/s.

I have followed the plan, maye I went over on my protein/veg?

Anywho! Whatever the reason I've accepted that and decided that this week I shall endeavour to;

1. Have some SHAKES!

I still haven't had one! Just keep making them in to puddings and having the meals and bars... Aha need to start having one before I end up with lots of porridge and shakes left ;-)

2. Alternate between 3/4 packs a day

3. Drink MORE water... How do you get it all in? If I'm honest I think this is maybe where I'm going wrong. Apart from cups of tea I only seem to have 2-3 glassesz
4. Gymgygym! I'm all inspired thanks to Rebeckah!

:) also took my measurements for the first time last night.... Hadn't done it before!!!!

x

Hah first shake!

Actually quite appetising! Lots of ice and new straws!

Attachments

• image-2992533170.jpg
    image-2992533170.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 26
  • image-544635908.jpg
    image-544635908.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 28
Measurements help loads when the scales are slow

Patience and water it will come

I carry a litre sports bottle of water. One before my first pack, one sipped afternoon. One sipped evening ... Then I have tea and sparkling water also all adds up

Keep up the good work xxx

Moesey22 you're having the correct amount of s&s each day but your post doesn't mention where the 150g of semi milk or 200g of veg fits in to your daily allowance!!!
I make my morning shake with the milk allowance and plenty of ice with all my shakes.
I have sliced mushrooms mixed with the chilli/spag packs.
Try shredded cabbage with the chilli/spag and it looks more appealing.
Add to this your green salad and it's far more filling.
I hope this helps you feel better. Good luck for your 1st weigh-in x x

don't feel too bad Ela ine
That loss is the equivalent of two packs of butter and (all fat)
Next weeks loss WILL be more I'm sure.
I know you must of expected more but you must try and get the water up to the recommended amount as this flushes the system and the lbs melt away.
GET THE WATER DOWN YOU WOMAN (sorry to shout) :)

HI Scousemouse! I have been saving my milk for tea in work and i haven't added any veggies yet as I was just trying to get my head around the packs this first week initially anyway :) but i would say adding veg into the chilli would be much more appetising so I shall try that next week! thankyou very much for your support!

Ela ine! 3.5lb is fab, i would be more than happy with that :)! you are doing really well! and you have also reminded me that i forgot to measure myself too!lol xx

RebekahR said:
Measurements help loads when the scales are slow

Patience and water it will come

I carry a litre sports bottle of water. One before my first pack, one sipped afternoon. One sipped evening ... Then I have tea and sparkling water also all adds up

Keep up the good work xxx

:worship: I'm so glad I found you on these threads Rebeckah.... My S&S guru haha!!
Good idea with the bottles.... Need to try that! No, scrap that - I need to do that!!

scousemouse0151 said:
Moesey22 you're having the correct amount of s&s each day but your post doesn't mention where the 150g of semi milk or 200g of veg fits in to your daily allowance!!!
I make my morning shake with the milk allowance and plenty of ice with all my shakes.
I have sliced mushrooms mixed with the chilli/spag packs.
Try shredded cabbage with the chilli/spag and it looks more appealing.
Add to this your green salad and it's far more filling.
I hope this helps you feel better. Good luck for your 1st weigh-in x x

Ah such a good idea with the shredded cabbage! Do you shred/cook a big batch and use it for a few days?
Always use my milk allowance for tea!

scousemouse0151 said:
don't feel too bad Ela ine
That loss is the equivalent of two packs of butter and (all fat)
Next weeks loss WILL be more I'm sure.
I know you must of expected more but you must try and get the water up to the recommended amount as this flushes the system and the lbs melt away.
GET THE WATER DOWN YOU WOMAN (sorry to shout) :)

Thanks hun! Didn't think of it that way :) I am hoping for more next week - even of I do have a weekend away to contend with!

moesy22 said:
HI Scousemouse! I have been saving my milk for tea in work and i haven't added any veggies yet as I was just trying to get my head around the packs this first week initially anyway :) but i would say adding veg into the chilli would be much more appetising so I shall try that next week! thankyou very much for your support!

Ela ine! 3.5lb is fab, i would be more than happy with that :)! you are doing really well! and you have also reminded me that i forgot to measure myself too!lol xx

Thanks hun :) and deffo do your measurements. Can help on slow loss weeks!

Hi S&S's!

Back from the gym.

Did:
treadmill -20 mins
Powerplate - 10 mins
Swimming - 30 mins

Having my second pack of the day: chilli. Getting used to the packs now (and actually quite liking them - which is odd as I usuually can't stand quorn)

Feeling more positive about this week!!!
Yeeeeha! X

Attachments

• image-1695318073.jpg
    image-1695318073.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 25
. Xc

Last edited:
Sounds like you have had a horrendous time hunny. Sticking to things is amazing, not sure I would of been so strong

New chapter of life, new happy you I say xxxx

Och hun! I just want to give u a big hug after reading that! Sounds like are going through a very tough time. On the other hand u seem very focused so as u said to me just keep thinkinh of how u will be in the near future :) xx

Week 2, Day 1, meal 3.

How to make a S&S stir-fry.

Step 1: From a rainbow (or your choice) stir fry, dissect and carefully remove all red peppers, carrots and sweet corn.
Weigh out 50g

Step 2. Add 100g of bean sprouts (yum!)

Step 3. And then 50g of mushrooms

Step 4. Cook all together with fry light, and 100g or diced chicken breast

Step 5. Add a dash of soy sauce.

Step 6. Serve with some filtered water, and can of coke zero (optional)

Attachments

• image-268927948.jpg
    image-268927948.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3018821556.jpg
    image-3018821556.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image-3149270923.jpg
    image-3149270923.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image-2596464444.jpg
    image-2596464444.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image-4263945346.jpg
    image-4263945346.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 34
P.s going out tonight... Do I have a choc brownie (haha thanks to browsing :p) before I go or take a choc truffa with me? x

While everyone else tucks in to buffet and alcohol....

Attachments

• image-3144296656.jpg
    image-3144296656.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 38
Well done on your choice of water and a bar Ela ine. And just think how much you'll enjoy you're next weigh-in without having a little blip x x

scousemouse0151 said:
Well done on your choice of water and a bar Ela ine. And just think how much you'll enjoy you're next weigh-in without having a little blip x x

Thanks poppet!

sonia doll said:
Good choice. Is that what the bar looks like? Looks so rich and dark which I love.

Yeah it's actually really lush!!

Back from the party :)

Still 100% wooo!! :bunnydance:

Hiya Elaine well done on staying on track whilst out :) I always think that's the hardest part seeing others enjoying the food and drinnk

And we'll done on being 3.5 lbs closer to goal x

LucyNewMum said:
Hiya Elaine well done on staying on track whilst out :) I always think that's the hardest part seeing others enjoying the food and drinnk

And we'll done on being 3.5 lbs closer to goal x

Thanks hun! Still got two weekends away (starting tonight!) and a christening weekend ahead of me.... Hope I can stick to them as well! How are you doing? x

Week 2, Day 2.

Slim & Save brunch: Olympic brownie and a cup of tea!
Ho ho! Onwards and downwards!

:) omnomnom

Attachments

• image-458742433.jpg
    image-458742433.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3006016669.jpg
    image-3006016669.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image-3229853408.jpg
    image-3229853408.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 40