18 pounds to go - say it quick!

AAAAAH my chin! I hate the fact that I have quite a weak jawline (thank you mum AND dad for your genes). I have to video myself for my work and I can only focus on my double chin, specially when I'm looking down or sideways. I don't really see it in the mirror as I hold my face normally. My face is one of the first places I put on weight, and I would cheerfully add 3 inches to my waist if I could only eliminate my wibbly wobbly chin.

I'm a real convert to xylitol for cakes. Erythitol gives us the runs by xylitol works well. I'm on keto and have a fab brownie recipe with butter, eggs, cocoa, a bit of almond flour and xylitol. I made a batch this week.

So I recommend finding a cake recipe with veg or black beans that tastes good so you can still have some of what you fancy!

We have to live at maintenance - and finding ways to have really enjoyable food and stay steady is essential.
Could you share that recipe? I'd love to be able to make my husband something low carb and yumy like that.

Having had a busy day at work, and then meeting the pet sitter for our week away and showing her the ropes the last thing I felt like doing was exercising. So am proud to report I put my gear on and did a 30 min BODYSTEP workout anyway! I figure if I only exercise when I feel like it I'll NEVER get fit, and I need to build good habits. Feeling very hot and sweaty but quite proud of myself now. Will run a hot bath and make myself a final shake to have with it. Hope I've got some almond and vanilla left, they're the only flavour I really look forward to having and I think they've stopped selling them for the time being.

Scales are 1/2 a pound up today -but don't care as had a great day yesterday and some new clothes are fitting me really nicely this morning so am going off to work feeling cool and professional rather than a hot mess :) I won't lie, I am hungry this morning though -think I'm due on soon which always makes me a bit ravenous so I will try to ignore it and focus on my goals. I really want to be back to my lowest weight last year, which was 11 stone 10. That gives me a healthy BMI and I'd ideally like to get there for my first week back at uni (recruit to train course/job currently) which is I think something like the 12th September. A month to lose 13lbs - should be doable, just need to manage the 2 holidays in between now and then!!

Walking around some shops this morning after a client cancellation - there's really nothing sadder than the sale rails of holiday clothes all jammed in together - their lovely prints looking gaudy and jumble saley. Not really sure what this autumn's fashion will be - have already got some khaki peg trousers which I think will do well, but it looks like it might be back to last year's mustard (which is good as I have 3 cardigans in that colour :) )

Could you share that recipe? I'd love to be able to make my husband something low carb and yumy like that.
https://www.gnom-gnom.com/fudgey-cocoa-paleo-keto-brownies/

IT's brilliant. I like it because it uses cocoa rather than chocolate. So good for the budget and it means I don't have chocolate in the house.

It's delicious hot as a pudding and great cold as a brownie. I find it's dense so a small piece goes a long way. And I'm normally someone who takes a big slice!

Feeling quite proud of myself. We travelled up to Windermere yesterday for our holiday and the traffic was basically stop start all the way up the m6. 6.5 hours in the car! However, whilst the kids had a McDonald's and sweets (because we're excellent parents like that) I had a bar at 10.00, a packet of chicken satay skewers (approx 220 cals) at 14.00, boiled eggs at 18.00 and another bar before bed. Starting this holiday how I mean to continue and I'm pleased because it would have been easy to crumble. Or indeed Eat crumble :)
It was sheeting down with rain yesterday but I can definitely see some blue sky this morning and the lodge we're in is super quiet and comfortable.
Noww, I have brought my kettlebell so am hoping to do a workout this morning. My husband has just left to do a park run he found in Newby Bridge. Fair play to him! He's down to 21 stone from 24:10 and I can really see the difference :)

Wow! Park runs. Impressive man. I think I'd like to do that when I'm down a lot.

Yr diary reminds me of when I did a vlcd and had to nip behind hedges for a pee in the middle of nowhere!

Have a wonderful time!

Back