:(

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
im doing all the right things, eating right (the occasional bad day but who dosent have these?), exercising, and walking rather than busses....

but im only dropping 1lb a week.... i feel dissapointed and a bit let down.

going througha touhg time right now and feeling extremely stressed out, could this be an issue? im just sick of feeling like this, im unhappy about my weight, im doing everything i need to and the results arnt very amazing...

Aawww hun 1lb a week is still a fab loss. So dont feel disappointed, you're doing great.
I can see that you dont have very much to lose, this will probably be the reason why you're not losing huge amounts.

If I remember correctly from when I briefly studies nutrition, BMI around 21.5 corresponds to the least medical problems. Being higher predisposes you to certain ones, and being lower to other conditions. For me it's a bit lower needed (Indian BMIs should be 18 to 23, while Western BMIs should be 20 to 25, this is due to Indians holding more fat in the worst areas for health even at low BMIs). Your BMI is already bordering on the underweight category, so your body is probably resisting your urge to lose weight.

Oh and from your signature it sounds like your exercise may be leading to some muscle gain, which is great! It would also explain your weight not coming down much!

A lb a week at your BMI is phenominal I'd think!
Maybe your body is happy at the weight it is at. Your BMI is on the low end of healthy as it is xx

my body may be happy, but i actually do want to see my hips! ive got a little belly that i want gone but it wont budge :/
my aim is a pair of gym pants i got in the sales, on the wrong hanger but i cant take them back... so ill fit in them

Could maybe toning up under your belly maybe make the stomach area look better. If the muscle distributes the fat more evenly, you might fit on those gym pants

i hope so, they fit kindof, but i cant move in them. they are a loose style and they are fitted especially on my calves, i have muscly calves so i cant wear tight fitting clothes there...

i do alot of sit up and ab work, its firming up a little now

i cant physically lose it from my legs, im mostly muscle on my lower half, i dont want to lose any muscle ive worked hard on getting, its belly and haips that are the bad area! everywhere else in happy with...

Last edited:
Yeh but you are female, youre going to maybe never be able to shift those bits without going dangerously underweight. Fat on stomach and hips is totally normal. To diet into wrong sized pants just cos you bought them is a bit dangerous when youre so low on the BMI scale now. What do you think? Do you have any pics people can see?

ill take a pic.....

It's not a very good pic but from what I can make out you look perfectly fine to me, looks like you've got a nice shape! xx

ill be able to get a better one when ive found my camera charger and in daylight
x

Back