1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

1lb off...am I happy?

Discussion in 'General Weekly Weigh-In' started by Darcys Mummy, 14 February 2014 Social URL.

1. Darcys Mummy

Darcys Mummy Well-Known Member

I'm on week 2 of my SW online and after losing 5lb in my first week and feeling psyched for the next week I'm now feeling a little miffed about only losing 1lb this week. I know a loss is a loss and I am happy that 1lb has gone but I had set out to achieve my half stone award this week and thought I could do it no problem as it was just 2lbs. I have stuck to my plan and I haven't even used half my syns allowance for the week so I am just confused. If I'm sticking to the plan with no cheating how come I couldn't get to my half stone award? I know a pound is great and better than nothing lost or worse a gain but I did the plan and I'm feeling a little defeated here and instead of thinking 'that's it next week half stone award' I'm thinking 'if I'm sticking to it and that's all I lost why bother? Surely there's another option'. If I only had a stone to lose a pound a week would be fine but when you have 12st 7lbs to lose it seems like target is a long way off at only one pound a week. Not a happy slimmer this week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Bellyup111

Bellyup111 New Member

That's great

4. kloerose

kloerose Member

It's so disheartening isn't it. A loss is a loss but I can't lie I wish I was consistently losing more. My journey is slow but I am losing each week. You will probably be shocked next week and yourll probably have another 5lb loss. There's no real pattern to the weight loss or a rhyme or reason but it does work x

5. Jadey88

Jadey88 Member

Well done 1lb is great :)

You may lose more next week. Your first week is always a bigger loss. Keep to what your doing it all adds up :) xx

6. sarah1991

sarah1991 Member

I know how you feel I did exactly the same. I lost 5lb the first week and only 1.5lb this week. But the way I'm trying to think of it is any loss is better than a gain, right? X

7. just wanna be a 16

just wanna be a 16 Well-Known Member

well done a 1lb is good - slow and steady wins the race - good look on your journey

8. Darcys Mummy

Darcys Mummy Well-Known Member

I'm over my self pitying now lol I've lost and gained and lost again since I only lost the pound and I am happy that it was a loss even if it was a small one cos when I had my gain I felt really bad and this week I would have been happy with a pound loss I was very lucky that I had a 4lb gain ( star week ) and then a 3.5lb loss but had it been just 1lb I would have been happy.