1st day - could someone check my food?

sarah5

Pretty please? :) Just want someone to check what I'm doing and tell me if I'm making any mistakes:

Green Day

Breakfast: chopped apple & banana with muller light (all free) and sunflower seeds scattered on top (hex b)

Lunch: 1/2 can of beans (free) on granary bread (hex b) with lettuce & cucumber salad and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (all free)

Tea: Sammy's wholegrain couscous sundried tomatoes & mediterranean herbs with stir fried veggies (all free) with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (2 syns)

Snacks: tea and coffee with milk (hex a), strawberries & grapes, can of diet coke (all free)

Plus 6 pints of water

Ok what do you make of that? Have I done it correctly? And does it look like a good day?

Thanks so much!

Hi Sarah,

I guess you are doing a green day today ?

It all looks fine to me - someone with a bit more experience may be along later with more hints and tips.

Good luck with it:D

If I am reading it right it looks like you only had 2 Syns all day. Try to use at least half of your Syn allowance. If you habitually have that little Syns per day then when you have a special event come up and need to use more you are more likely to put on a bit as your body won't be expecting it.

Also at some point you may hit a plateau, as we all do, and if you aren't having your Syns then you will have nothing to cut back on to give you the kick start you may need.

Just a couple of things to think about but it's up to you. Otherwise it all looks good

Hi Sarah

This looks like a lovely day's eating - plenty of fruit and veg as well. Would agree with Taz - have your syns, they are factored in for a reason.

If you feel hungry, don't worry about eating more free food as well, that's why it's free. If you haven't been hungry, that's fine.

That wouldn't have been enough tea for me! Have you tried quorn, you could have that with your stir fry (they do chicken style pieces). And cereal bars are low in syns for a bedtime snack. Don't forget you can have 2 hex a's if you want!

Brilliant thanks everyone so much for your comments and help. I had forgotton about this website, I'm so glad I came back as you are all extremely helpful :)

x

Back