1st day - I need to do this, but can I?!!

LisaMnGirls

Hi everyone,

I have just finished my first day on Exante, and im ok.......but hanging on by the skin of my teeth! I absolutely want and need to do this, and 'normal' dieting just isnt an option for me at the moment. I need to 'opt out' of eating for a while....i feel like a smoker trying to give up, a little bit of naughty will tip me over the edge, so i just need to not eat at all.

Already starting with mild headache, cold hands, and a bit jittery.......cant wait for ketosis!

Are the first few days the hardest, or does this get worse, lol???

Love to all

Lisa xx

Hi I've just finished my first week, so no where your coming from, the headache is normal I was the same on day two, plus was feeling very cold for a few days, coffee and coke zero helped me through.
I am the same as you normal dieting isn't an option at the moment either.
I'm pleased to say I lost 8lb in the first week and I'm full of energy, and feeling great.
Just get through the first 3-4 days and it will be totally worth it. Good luck, Lisa. X

Once you're in ketosis it gets so much easier, you wont be headachey anymore and you shouldn't feel hungry and will feel much better and more energetic too :)

I'm on day four now and I've already noticed it getting easier. Thankfully I haven't really had a headache, although I have noticed a slight change temperature wise. Haven't even felt really hungry either, which I find strange.

it does get sooo much easier!! and its sooo worth it!! its a struggle the first few days but use it as time for you to pamper yourself and get early nights =)

That's exactly what I've been doing. Amazing how much more time you have. And also quite amazing how much more I want to take care of myself. Does that make sense? But I've been going to bed mega early the last couple of weeks and feeling so much better for it. Bought myself some awesome body lotion which I slap on every night and everything smells good (including myself) and it's bliss really.

Thanks so much everyone for your messages! :gen126:

Last night was difficult because we normally 'treat' ourselves to a weekend takeaway, and i felt deprived.....but i had a talk to myself about it.....all that takeaway would've done was make me feel crap about myself, where as now i feel like i'm 'nuturing' myself instead - lol xx

Great idea about the pampering, i will get onto that! I used to have time for myself before my children, but 2 pre-schoolers are taking their toll on me.

Im feeling a bit better today, ive weighed myself today (treated myself to some snazzy scales - lol), and im 16st 12lb.....i didnt weight myself exactly on day 1 through lack of scales, but i know the week before i was 17st 4, so im approx 5-6lb down.......at least i know now, so i can track it better.

Ive given myself a short/medium term goal of 3 stone, but really theres a lot more to go.....i just dont want to daunt myself. To get back to where i once was is 7 stone, but if im really honest i dont think i want to go that far, as i was miserable trying to maintain it. Im a 22 now, and a 16 would be amazing.....just to shop in normal shops, and have a big choice.

Good luck, and lots of willpower ladies xx

Once you're into week 2 and properly into ketosis it is a lot easier. I've watched my family eat pasties and chips today and not batted an eyelid!
Good luck xxx

I'm on my third day and really needed to eat - I went to the biscuit tin and just broke all of them in half and did myself a soup. Normal dieting is not an option for me - I weighed myself today and I'm 18.7 - 2lbs in 2 days, that's a massive boost for me right now. It might sound really strange but I actually FEEL slightly slimmer!! Good luck everyone!! Xx

Morning hun you have a good day today, well done for resisting the biscuits, this is day 20 for me now and its become habit. Keep coming here for support, its amazing how much support you get and it really helps to chat to people who know exactly what you are going through. Have a lovely day.

TTFN

Alia

Glad you resisted the biscuits! Well done!

I pampered myself all last night, when I gained all the weight I stopped making and effort and me and killer curls were texting yesterday and have made a pact to take care of ourselves again! My fiance was worried I was going out man hunting with the amount of pampering I did yesterday haha!

Ha funny as I spent yesterday doing the same and I had the same comment from my chap (in a cheeky way). Fake tanned and polished nails, not something I ever used to do. Even bought a maxi dress for the summer :D

Lol yeah mine said it in a cheeky way too! Haha atleast we will be keeping them on their toes eh?? Lol

1st weigh in, in the morning! Eek xx

So sorry girls, i had to take hubby to an interview.....lol! Today I weigh 16st 8.25lbs

Very happy!!!! Off to update stats!

On your advice Alia, I added cinnamon to my Vanilla this morning.......yummmm! Thankyou xx

Back