1st day

bexster1974

Silver Member
Hi im Becky, 1st day on Exante Total, so far so good! Got 9 stone to lose so would appreciate all the support and advice I can get..................:)

Last edited:
Hey Becky, welcome to the Exante board. Good luck on Exante. You will have those pounds falling off in no time.

Are you doing it through a consultant or on your own?

We will all be here to support you.

Good luck, Becky! :)

I re-started TS today on 4 packs. Hopefully the weight will be dropping off both of us soon! :D

Hi Becky.....good luck on TS I started on the 14th of April and still going strong. Sarah is definitely my inspiration, while Mathswiz and I are determined to break the 12 stone barrier and go for it.

Thanks for replies, doing it alone so a little nervous with having so much weight to lose but good to know there is help and support out there! Firs day went really well and Im feeling very positive so fingers crossed for my first weigh in...............seems miles away yet

Love Becky

Hi Becky,

How did Day 1 go? Are you taking 3 packs or 4 packs per day?

I tried Total Solution once before and did 3 packs. I must admit I found that very difficult. I think there is a rule on CD (Cambridge Diet) that if you are 5ft 8" or taller you should take 4 packs per day.

I re-started yesterday doing 4 packs and did find it easier. I was getting stomach cramps and not feeling well on 3 packs. So if you are really struggling on 3 packs, I just wanted to let you know that you could increase it to 4 packs. I'm sure weight loss will still be significant. :)

NB - I'm still trying to break that 12st barrier! You're only 1 lb away!!! I know you're gonna do it!!! :D

Hi Lisa

Day one went really well thank you, enjoyed it and wasnt hungry at all, woke up today day two with a banging headache I suffer from headaches so not sure if its to do with the diet or not! Felt rubbish today but kept on the diet ok, im trying to do a week on 3 packs and see how it goes from there. Hopefully I will do well and this will keep me going for the next week. Cant fail as I dont want to be as big and fat as I am through all summer, need to get two or 3 stone off if I can so I feel better about myself.

Love Becky

Hi Lisa

Day one went really well thank you, enjoyed it and wasnt hungry at all, woke up today day two with a banging headache I suffer from headaches so not sure if its to do with the diet or not! Felt rubbish today but kept on the diet ok, im trying to do a week on 3 packs and see how it goes from there. Hopefully I will do well and this will keep me going for the next week. Cant fail as I dont want to be as big and fat as I am through all summer, need to get two or 3 stone off if I can so I feel better about myself.

Love Becky

Hi Becky,

I think I said this in my one of my other replies to you. The headaches are probably due to your new lower carb diet. This is one of the signs that your body is going into ketosis. Ketosis is good because this means your body is burning fat. :D

Good luck with doing 3 packs. But remember that if you are really struggling, you can do 4 packs. That was my mistake last time I was doing 3 packs. I tried to make myself do 3 packs cos I thought "I'm gonna go for it"! In the end, I got stomach cramps, felt horrible, really wanted to eat food and just lost it! I'm hoping to still lose a significant amount of weight on 4 packs a day.

I think you will be able to lose 2 or 3 stone in no time at all! Hopefully it will be a lighter summer for both of us! :party0049:

Thanks for all replies and support guys!

Started day 3 with a banana shake and was suprised I like it so much. Going to have a bar for lunch and a soup for dinner, this way I feel like Im having some sort of meal? Makes me feel better any way!

Still no hunger to speak of and no headache today either so raring to go today, trying to get more excersice by making myself go to the upstairs bathroom and taking my Bassets for extra walks and doing my Wii Fit!

I know its wrong but got weighed today! Just wanted to see how I was doing and was shocked to see i had lost 6lbs since saturday and its TOTM so excited to see how I will do on weigh in day on saturday.

Heres to every one having a great day.

Love Becky x

Hey well done Becky. That's a fantastic start. You should have a great loss by Saturday.

Good to hear that you aren't feeling any hunger. Do you know if you are in ketosis yet?

Keep up the good work and here's to Saturday!

Hi Sarah not sure how to tell if im in ketosis, im presuming from comments on here you can get something to test with?

Been struggling a little today, not been hungry but my fiance (who also is losing weight but we can afford for us both to do this at the moment) is craving an Indian takeaway and I must say I nearly wavered and gave in and said lets have one but instead I went to bed for an hour and im going to have my soup so I dont get hungry now.

Been hard being a bank holiday weekend as we would normally have takeaway and drinks or go out for a meal so im really proud of us both that we havnt!

Just one more thing...................dont know if anyone else has had the same problem but I havnt been to the toilet since starting on saturday. Dont feel the need just alot of hot air ha ha ha!

Thanks love Becky x

Hi Sarah not sure how to tell if im in ketosis, im presuming from comments on here you can get something to test with?

Been struggling a little today, not been hungry but my fiance (who also is losing weight but we can afford for us both to do this at the moment) is craving an Indian takeaway and I must say I nearly wavered and gave in and said lets have one but instead I went to bed for an hour and im going to have my soup so I dont get hungry now.

Been hard being a bank holiday weekend as we would normally have takeaway and drinks or go out for a meal so im really proud of us both that we havnt!

Just one more thing...................dont know if anyone else has had the same problem but I havnt been to the toilet since starting on saturday. Dont feel the need just alot of hot air ha ha ha!

Thanks love Becky x

Hey Becky,

You can use Ketostix to test if you're in ketosis. These are sticks that you, erm, pee on! If the stick turns pink, then you are in ketosis. If it turns a very dark pink colour, then this usually indicates that your body is dehydrated. You can buy these Ketostix in pharmacies or I got mine online from Ebay.

There are other symptoms which can tell you that you're in ketosis. The ketostix do not work for everyone. It is possible to be in ketosis but the ketostix turn up negative. Other symptoms maybe a headache, your hands and feet feel cold, bad breath and you don't feel hungry anymore.

Well done for not giving in and having that take away. Hold on until your weigh in on Saturday. You will feel great after seeing some weight loss and this will keep you motivated.

Re: the toilet question - are you drinking enough water? You need to drink at least 2 litres of water per day - more if you can manage it. Up your water intake and see what happens in the coming days.

Hi all

Well I think I am in ketosis as have very cold feet and hands and bad breath! So far not hungry like yesterday but I think that was more to do with just thinking of food than actual hunger. Had a strawberry shake and lots of water and finally been to toilet!

Not at work today and was going to occupy my time with housework but im feeling a little strange (lightheaded, dizzyness) not sure if this is due to the VLCD but hopefully it will pass.

Hope everyone has good days.

Love Becky x

The light headed feeling will be due to your body detoxing. Just hang in there and it will pass.

Thanks Sarah!

Its just such a strange feeling. My fiance had a takeaway last night and I was so proud of myself for not having one too. Just hope this light headed and dizzyness passes soon, I seem to be feeling a little better today so fingers crosses as I want to start some light excercise.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Heres to Saturday, my first weigh in cant wait. Watched Claire Richards - My Big Fat Wedding last night and that has really inspired me to do well, she looked fantastic!

Catch up later love Becky x

Well done for not having the takeaway. It will all get easier from here. I promise that the flu like symptoms will pass and then you will be feeling really great.

Here's to Saturday!

Thanks Sarah, feeling much better if I dont try to do too much! Back at work tomorrow so hopefully that will make it a littler easier. Did yoy say it was likely to be due to detoxing? Ive never stuck to a strict diet so well and dont think ive managed to detox properly before, not even having tea or coffee so I guess it will be quite bad!

Nearly got through 5 days now and not been at work and been at home on my own for two of them so im very proud of myself just hope I can have a good 1st week loss and keep it up.

I really enjoyed My Big Fat Wedding seeing her do it from being 16 and a half stone means there is hope for me just not with the personal trainers but I have you guys supporting me which is fantastic!

Heres to another good day for us all.

Love Becky x

Oh you can do it Becky. I have never got this far on a diet without giving up and putting it back on again, so if I can lose 4.5 stones so for (with just over 1.5 to go) then you can do it to. Exante will have it dropping off you.

Well done for getting this far. I found day's 4 and 5 to be the worst. You will be detoxing from carbs, sugar, caffiene etc, so it will take a while for it to settle down. But it will go, I promise. I remember feeling lousy but suddenly it goes and you feel fab.

Hi Becky,
Sounds like you are doing fantastically well.
I watched My Big Fat Wedding and i also found it really inspiring, what a lovely down to earth girl Claire Richards is and very honest...how many celebs would admit their true weight and size for millions of viewers to see. It was lovely to see her transform into the girl she always was.

Good luck with day 6

xx

Thank you! I will continue, I have too. Made a mistake yesterday! Went to cinema at 6pm and thought I will have my soup when I get home (I wasnt hungry) just drank water at the cinema, it helped that I went with my friend who is doing Lighter Life. Got home and was so tired I went straight to bed. So all I had yesterday was one shake and half a bar. Will this be bad for me staying in ketosis? I just never even thought about food as I was so tired. I will make sure it doesnt happen again!

I recorded the program so I can watch it when ever I feel low so it can inspire me again! I agree she is so lovely and down to earth and very brave.

Heres to another good day.................cant wait for my weigh in on saturday morning!

Love Becky x

Back