1st post , thinking of starting CD , Need advice

humpty

Hello Everyone :jelous:

I havent been on a proper diet in years .

Managed to convince ,myself and everyone else I wasn't bothered about my ever increasing weight :sigh:but I feel really unfit and it is now affecting my health.

I want to lose just over 4 stones and get fit fast .
I would like to lose the weight quickly , thats why I'm thinking of CD but it seems SOOOO hard .

I have loads and loads of questions , I have read lots of posts already and will continue to try and read as many as possible , but I'm hoping some of you will help me out with some answers to the following questions .:)

1. Is my understanding of CD correct ?

A shake 3 times a day for the 1st week followed my a shake 3 times a day with 1 bar untill the weight is off .

NO food whatsoever .

2. Are the shakes + bars vegetarian ?

3. I'm english but live in spain and cant find any meetings in spain , is it possible to buy the shakes and do the plan online ?

4 . Are you too tired to do any excerise ? or is there an excercise limit as it is VLC ?

5. How long do you think it would take me to lose 4 stones ?

6. How long have you managed to keep your weight lose off for after stopping CD ?

Thanks for any responces ANY info is great !
;);)

Hi,

Firstly, I'm afraid you can't do this online, you have to see a cambridge counsellor. There are various plans available from sole source which is 3 products a day and no other food right up to plans which do include quite a lot of food.

If following sole source the expected weight loss is roughly a stone a month or 3lbs a week.

Exercise is not required but cambridge do encourage light exercise.

Google the cambridge website and see if you can get some info, surely there must be a presence in Spain!

Good luck whatever you do.

Thanks for the info Scooterchick

I'm Surprised at only a stone and month with NO food just drinks , I had hoped to lose more , but maybe with excerise I could increase the weight loss .
or might just be wishfull thinking :rolleyes:

"Google the cambridge website and see if you can get some info, surely there must be a presence in Spain!"

I Have checked the offical website and they have no presence in spain that I can find , will have to keep on looking if I cant do it online

you dont think a stone a month is enough? hmmmm slimming world is 1 to 2 pound a week so a stone is rather good

I don't think you're really allowed to do a lot of excersize with SS. I think it might actually stop you're body losing weight.

you dont think a stone a month is enough? hmmmm slimming world is 1 to 2 pound a week so a stone is rather good

total agree with you there.

total agree with you there.

I think exercise makes a Huge difference!

7 years ago I only needed to lose 2 stones , Joined SW and did 1 hour at gym 4 times a week and I averaged a loss of 3lbs +a week and hit target in 7 weeks :)

Have since put it all back on and a lot more :sigh:

I dont think 3 lbs a weeks seems a lot for such a severe diet with no margin for errors as you dont have to count points or weigh food (Easy to miscalculate) .

Considering my previous weight loss with lots of exercise and not such a strict diet .

If exercise is not recommened or if a VLC diet leaves you too tired , this may not be the correct choice for me .:jelous:

It will possibly tone you but you will not lose more weight, trust me.

Perhaps sw would suit you better, but give cd a go it's fab.

It will possibly tone you but you will not lose more weight, trust me.

Perhaps sw would suit you better, but give cd a go it's fab.

Thanks for the reply .

You seem to have done great on CD !
Congrats

How do you feel day to day ?
Are you tired ?
How much exercise are you able to do ?

Feel fab day to day :) very energetic etc very rarely tired (that's with 2 kids and full time job)

No excercise I'm a lazy **** by nature :D

Feel fab day to day :) very energetic etc very rarely tired (that's with 2 kids and full time job)

No excercise I'm a lazy **** by nature :D

Lol:D

Well thats really surprising as I thought it would leave you really really tired .

Wish I could find a meeting in Spain , So I could at least give it a try

Where in Spain are you out of interest?

There is another lady in here in Spain on cd. Not sure how she goes about it

Where in Spain are you out of interest?

There is another lady in here in Spain on cd. Not sure how she goes about it

Costa del sol
5 mins from Marbella

Really ?
You dont know her username , do You ?

I had a look on ebay and I could Buy the shakes , but I dont really know what I'm doing as it's not like a usual "Diet".

Even though I'm not 100% sure its for me . As I need to get my fitness level back as well as lose weight .

I think it would be best to try it properly with CD support if it is available in Spain .

Thanks Again:jelous:

Alexice is her username :)

I lived in estapona :D so know Marbella v well LOL ..... Am v envious!! I'd give anything for some warmer weather right now!

Alexice is her username :)

I lived in estapona :D so know Marbella v well LOL ..... Am v envious!! I'd give anything for some warmer weather right now!

It's been raining loads this year
But was V sunny today .
I'm only 10 mins from estepona and go to the market at the ferria grounds on Weds.
Small world Huh !

Thanks alot for the user name , I will give her a Pm and see if she goes to a meeting .

alex is english but lives in spain, she gets her stuff from a uk cdc who she sees when shes in the uk and her mum posts extras out to her

i did a google search for meal replacement diets in spain and came up with nothing and cambridge isnt in spain yet
there was however a mediterranian ketogenic diet so conventional foods but ketosis is what gives many of us the lovely energy feeling
oh and atkins is also a ketogenic diet with good results if stuck to

alex is english but lives in spain, she gets her stuff from a uk cdc who she sees when shes in the uk and her mum posts extras out to her

i did a google search for meal replacement diets in spain and came up with nothing and cambridge isnt in spain yet
there was however a mediterranian ketogenic diet so conventional foods but ketosis is what gives many of us the lovely energy feeling
oh and atkins is also a ketogenic diet with good results if stuck to

OK
Thanks for the info

What happens when you meet the CDC , is it like a "normal" diet class (talks to motivate you ? .... and so on )

I wonder How often she has to meet with her CDC in the Uk ?This may be an option for me also .

Do you know where in Spain she is ? , perhaps we could arrange our own little CD meeting .... ha ha

I swear I dont have a Thanks button at the bottom of the posts or I would press it for you and Mrsessex
But Thanks anyway

Aw thanks humpty LOL x

You'll get the thanks button at the bottom right of your posts x

You only get it when you've posted a certain number of posts, don't think Humpty is there yet.

I'm also living in Spain, no CD here I'm afraid :(((
I got my CD products from my CDC when I was at home, but at xmas I discovered she is no longer doing it :(((
So, I may have to switch over to celebrity slim when I run out of my shakes. I have emailed celebrity slim about their shakes, they will post them to me, so hopefully I will be at my target before the summer heat starts here!

Back