• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

1st post , thinking of starting CD , Need advice

Hello Everyone :jelous:

I havent been on a proper diet in years .

Managed to convince ,myself and everyone else I wasn't bothered about my ever increasing weight :sigh:but I feel really unfit and it is now affecting my health.

I want to lose just over 4 stones and get fit fast .
I would like to lose the weight quickly , thats why I'm thinking of CD but it seems SOOOO hard .

I have loads and loads of questions , I have read lots of posts already and will continue to try and read as many as possible , but I'm hoping some of you will help me out with some answers to the following questions .:)

1. Is my understanding of CD correct ?

A shake 3 times a day for the 1st week followed my a shake 3 times a day with 1 bar untill the weight is off .

NO food whatsoever .

2. Are the shakes + bars vegetarian ?

3. I'm english but live in spain and cant find any meetings in spain , is it possible to buy the shakes and do the plan online ?

4 . Are you too tired to do any excerise ? or is there an excercise limit as it is VLC ?

5. How long do you think it would take me to lose 4 stones ?

6. How long have you managed to keep your weight lose off for after stopping CD ?

Thanks for any responces ANY info is great !
;);)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
Hi,

Firstly, I'm afraid you can't do this online, you have to see a cambridge counsellor. There are various plans available from sole source which is 3 products a day and no other food right up to plans which do include quite a lot of food.

If following sole source the expected weight loss is roughly a stone a month or 3lbs a week.

Exercise is not required but cambridge do encourage light exercise.

Google the cambridge website and see if you can get some info, surely there must be a presence in Spain!

Good luck whatever you do.

Thanks for the info Scooterchick

I'm Surprised at only a stone and month with NO food just drinks , I had hoped to lose more , but maybe with excerise I could increase the weight loss .
or might just be wishfull thinking :rolleyes:

"Google the cambridge website and see if you can get some info, surely there must be a presence in Spain!"

I Have checked the offical website and they have no presence in spain that I can find , will have to keep on looking if I cant do it online

sumayyah

please try again
you dont think a stone a month is enough? hmmmm slimming world is 1 to 2 pound a week so a stone is rather good

I don't think you're really allowed to do a lot of excersize with SS. I think it might actually stop you're body losing weight.

total agree with you there.
I think exercise makes a Huge difference!

7 years ago I only needed to lose 2 stones , Joined SW and did 1 hour at gym 4 times a week and I averaged a loss of 3lbs +a week and hit target in 7 weeks :)

Have since put it all back on and a lot more :sigh:

I dont think 3 lbs a weeks seems a lot for such a severe diet with no margin for errors as you dont have to count points or weigh food (Easy to miscalculate) .

Considering my previous weight loss with lots of exercise and not such a strict diet .

If exercise is not recommened or if a VLC diet leaves you too tired , this may not be the correct choice for me .:jelous:

It will possibly tone you but you will not lose more weight, trust me.

Perhaps sw would suit you better, but give cd a go it's fab.
Thanks for the reply .

You seem to have done great on CD !
Congrats

How do you feel day to day ?
Are you tired ?
How much exercise are you able to do ?

Feel fab day to day :) very energetic etc very rarely tired (that's with 2 kids and full time job)

No excercise I'm a lazy **** by nature :D
Lol:D

Well thats really surprising as I thought it would leave you really really tired .

Wish I could find a meeting in Spain , So I could at least give it a try

Where in Spain are you out of interest?

There is another lady in here in Spain on cd. Not sure how she goes about it
Costa del sol
5 mins from Marbella

Really ?
You dont know her username , do You ?

I had a look on ebay and I could Buy the shakes , but I dont really know what I'm doing as it's not like a usual "Diet".

Even though I'm not 100% sure its for me . As I need to get my fitness level back as well as lose weight .

I think it would be best to try it properly with CD support if it is available in Spain .

Thanks Again:jelous:

Alexice is her username :)

I lived in estapona :D so know Marbella v well LOL ..... Am v envious!! I'd give anything for some warmer weather right now!
It's been raining loads this year
But was V sunny today .
I'm only 10 mins from estepona and go to the market at the ferria grounds on Weds.
Small world Huh !

Thanks alot for the user name , I will give her a Pm and see if she goes to a meeting .

sumayyah

please try again
alex is english but lives in spain, she gets her stuff from a uk cdc who she sees when shes in the uk and her mum posts extras out to her

i did a google search for meal replacement diets in spain and came up with nothing and cambridge isnt in spain yet
there was however a mediterranian ketogenic diet so conventional foods but ketosis is what gives many of us the lovely energy feeling
oh and atkins is also a ketogenic diet with good results if stuck to

alex is english but lives in spain, she gets her stuff from a uk cdc who she sees when shes in the uk and her mum posts extras out to her

i did a google search for meal replacement diets in spain and came up with nothing and cambridge isnt in spain yet
there was however a mediterranian ketogenic diet so conventional foods but ketosis is what gives many of us the lovely energy feeling
oh and atkins is also a ketogenic diet with good results if stuck to
OK
Thanks for the info

What happens when you meet the CDC , is it like a "normal" diet class (talks to motivate you ? .... and so on )

I wonder How often she has to meet with her CDC in the Uk ?This may be an option for me also .

Do you know where in Spain she is ? , perhaps we could arrange our own little CD meeting .... ha ha

I swear I dont have a Thanks button at the bottom of the posts or I would press it for you and Mrsessex
But Thanks anyway

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
Aw thanks humpty LOL x

You'll get the thanks button at the bottom right of your posts x
You only get it when you've posted a certain number of posts, don't think Humpty is there yet.

I'm also living in Spain, no CD here I'm afraid :(((
I got my CD products from my CDC when I was at home, but at xmas I discovered she is no longer doing it :(((
So, I may have to switch over to celebrity slim when I run out of my shakes. I have emailed celebrity slim about their shakes, they will post them to me, so hopefully I will be at my target before the summer heat starts here!